It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Optical illusion or...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry for reposting this on a different forum, but this is the forum that actually seems like the right one, rather than the other I posted in.

Hello everyone,

I had a weird experience last evening that I had to post, just to get input, because it was seriously weird. I wasn't sure what forum to post this in, so I chose this one as it's kind of weird, but general.

The date was yesterday, 12/26/12. The time was around 4:30pm +/- 15 mins. The location was at a 4 way intersection with traffic lights. I was driving in my Expedition, stopped at the stoplight. Traffic was normal. I live in a small city so early evening traffic isn't too heavy. The roads were slightly snowy/icy from Christmas day snow. The traffic across from me had the green light and I watched as they were driving through. Saw a nice looking, maroon SUV. I was looking directly at it because I like the color of it, and was thinking "I wish my husband had gotten that color instead of boring white." While watching the SUV, something appeared to fall off or out of the back end of the maroon SUV. It fell flattened to the ground and at first it looked like a bundle of clothes might have fallen out the back somehow. Then the weird part happened... those clothes stood up, and it happened too quickly for me to actually visualize this... but those flat clothes were actually a 10 yr old (approximately) boy!

He was unhurt. There were no cars behind the SUV. He stood up and just walked across the street to a house like NOTHING happened. He had reddish/blonde hair. The angle that he walked I couldn't see his face but just the back of his head. He was wearing a camo jacket. No limping, nothing. I know he wasn't crossing the street and fell down. I would have seen him before the maroon SUV had driven across. There was also no ice to slip on at that part of the road. My light turned green and I creeped across the intersection, looking at the back of his head the whole time checking to see if he was ok. I had to keep going through the intersection due to my green light.

What creeped me out is how flat those clothes were on the ground, and how quickly the figure stood up and "filled out" the clothes. My eyesight is normal. My 20 yr old son and friend were with me, they saw the boy walking towards the house, but they were talking to each other at the time he "fell off" the back of the SUV, so they didn't witness the creepy part.

My guesses are this.

1) He was "hitching" a rid by riding on the back of the SUV and chose that moment, just before going through the intersection, to drop off, and it was an optical illusion. I'm a bit doubtful of that, as there doesn't seem to be enough room for a kid to ride on that part without the driver knowing. And the driver didn't seem to know anything. No slowing down or speeding up. Just normal speed. The back window to the SUV was closed, as I glanced as it passed by.

2) Maybe I really didn't see him on the sidewalk crossing the road before that point. But that sidewalk is next to a grassy field. Possible optical illusion, again. He would have stood out next to it due to the dark coloring of his clothes and the grass had snow on it, though.

3) Someone or something chose that spot and time to materialize and I was just able to catch it. Still have my doubts on that one, but the flattened out spread of clothes, then in a millisecond he's standing there... weird. Add to the fact that he just strolled over to the house casually... weird again.

So... does anyone have any ideas, or have ever seen anything like that before? One thing I'll say about myself. I'm a fairly cynical person. I don't believe in ghosts, or spooky stuff in general. I'm a fairly level headed person, until last night

Thanks, everyone!

join