It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Annual ATS Tin-Foil Hat Contest [winners Announced]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am really humbled by the show of talent displayed in this thread. I can't believe what you folks can do with tinfoil! Truly impressive.

@Realtruth I am still waiting to see the G-string. That would make my day!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des I love it! It brings to mind the days of the big Hollywood movies of a golden age, full of gentlemen in tuxedos and top hats and ladies in beautiful ballroom gowns singing and dancing the night away!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

"Now, if you're blue
And you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where fashion sits
Puttin' on the Ritz"

Love it Des, lots of stars for you, from me.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Des and Val, you ladies are amazing!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
post by DontTreadOnMe

Here is my entry. I am aware that the rules are only one entry per post. I have started with a basic hat and have an accessory range to suit the occasion! Should I have transgressed the rules please let me know!

There is the basic hat & glasses and then for a more formal look and added protection - add a fascinator. I also adapted my handbag to carry technology. The technology I have featured today is a tin foil lasso that has a variety of applications as well as butterfly nanotechnology.

The piece de resistance is of course - Milly the Cat. I asked her if she would model and she replied - but of course! She may look a little laid back - well she is - we both are - we have had several days of above 40 degrees heat. The day Milly modelled it was 44 degrees!!! So it is with a touch of heat induced - you know - out thereness I am entering the ATS Tin Foil Hat Competition.

Hope these photographs have uploaded. I have just received the automated government emergency warning for bushfires - so I am glad to have placed my entry in time. I am now going to prepare to evacuate my pets and I .

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Stay safe Amanda.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

The piece de resistance is of course - Milly the Cat. I asked her if she would model and she replied - but of course! She may look a little laid back - well she is - we both are - we have had several days of above 40 degrees heat. The day Milly modelled it was 44 degrees!!! So it is with a touch of heat induced - you know - out thereness I am entering the ATS Tin Foil Hat Competition.

Awww - your links don't work for me! Want to see Milly and the hat!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Amanda...all of your links go to the ATS top topics page...I can't wait to see your entries....

Fix them quick..I'm waiting impatiently...
But, stay safe first!!!!!!!!!! God Speed.

Des

edit on 7-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Puttin' on the Ritz...just for fun. Not a contest entry...

I said I would post a pic with my tin foil hat on...here it is..silver fingernail polish and all...

It's a little crooked. My hair comes down to the middle of my back, I put it up in a pony tail for pic.

Tin foil hat alone...

Des

edit on 7-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ginger Rogers...........eat your heart out!!!

Looking fly Des, looking fly!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Well Thank You littled16...not too bad for a 62 year old broad....

Des

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I'm back - the firemen put the fire out and now I can concentrate. Okay - I think I have this adding photographs thing sorted.

Hopefully my efforts will make ATS members smile and perhaps even laugh.

Much Peace...

NB My next lesson is to rotate the photographs first - sorry about the sideways photographs.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Amanda5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Here is my entry - with no sideways photographs and an extra photograph of Milly! Thank you for being patient. I hope you have a laugh!!

There is the basic Tin Foil Hat and accessories.

Then there is the more formal look for when a basic Tin Foil Hat will just not suffice - add a fascinator!

The Tin Foil Handbag is a must and contains a Tin Foil Lasso that has many applications as well as a piece of cleverly disguised 'Butterfly' Nanotechnology!!

And for those who doubt the protective abilities of the Tin Foil Hat and accessories - just wear the lot - to be sure!

The glasses - they are real!

This is Milly - a most laid back model - but the over 40 degree heat had a lot to do with her relaxed demeanour. Note she is firmly grasping the Tin Foil Adapter - ready to be plugged in to bring even more protection!!

This final image is a close up of Milly modelling the optional Tin Foil Hat Cat accessory.

Please enjoy my entry - I had fun being creative - until the texts and the phone rang - but that's another story for another day.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
This is Milly - a most laid back model - but the over 40 degree heat had a lot to do with her relaxed demeanour. Note she is firmly grasping the Tin Foil Adapter - ready to be plugged in to bring even more protection!!

This final image is a close up of Milly modelling the optional Tin Foil Hat Cat accessory.

Both you and the hat is looking fabulous - love all the accessories... but my fave is Milly with the clever tin foil adapter - what a gorgeous girl - and so good helping protecting her glamorous mommy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
OMG OMG OMG OMG !!

Now Des...Amanda....MY GOD the women of ATS !!!!

I'm in love.

Wouldn't want to be the one to judge all those amazing entries, thank God for the stars.

And Stars are ALL wearing Tin Foil !!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Awww, you're beautiful, lady!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Amanda...you, Woman, are the tin foil Fashionista Supreme! OMG, the accessories alone are amazing. You are Beautiful on top of it all....

I'm truly impressed by your Couture Creations....just WOW....

Des

edit on 8-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

You're in love! Awesome - that's what girlies are for - to inspire with feelings and thoughts of love. It's in our job description! I am glad you are inspired by the ATS women.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words - I never know what to say to compliments. I was having a lot of fun and making a mess and had more ideas only my day was - realigned. Glad you struggled through my messed up posts to get to the one without any of my misapplied technology and damn mistakes.

Your hat is a work of art and I imagine you are a creative soul. Have you designed an outfit to go with your fabulous hat? I actually had a breastplate as well but I had to quickly take the photographs and beat the deadline.

Much Peace...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join