It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers predict that a second Earth will be found in 2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Faith-based. Reality has little to do with faith.
The failure of his faith is that he thinks you have to actually travel to get somewhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Faith-based. Reality has little to do with faith.
The failure of his faith is that he thinks you have to actually travel to get somewhere.

Our perceptions and ideas differ greatly on that and some things are just inevitable, as you pointed out earlier in the thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
One has already been found;

www.independent.co.uk...

I think it's more interesting news that E.Ts are going to make themselves known to the peoples of the Earth within the next two months.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by koagula

Cool, wonder if it is the one thatwill be revealed in the original news article.

And erm aliens? Where is your link for that?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I look at stars and planets sometimes, (mainly others pictures), therefore I am an astronomer. I predict a planet that could possibly maybe someday produce life will be found hopefully within 50 years. Somebody publish my discovery and pay me. Thanks.
edit on 29-12-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by ssupp
Instead of looking for planets they should find a way to reach FTL travel.

We can't even reach the nearest star besides our sun with our current technology...

In the words of the four-star General Wesley Clark: "I still believe in E = mc². But I can't believe that in all of human history we'll never ever be able to go beyond the speed of light to reach where we want to go. I happen to believe that mankind can do it. I've argued with physicists about it. I've argued with best friends about it. I just have to believe it. It's my only faith-based initiative."

I would have to say that he isn't saying it lightly and without knowledge of something

edit on 28-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

I would take his point more seriously had he came up with E = mc².

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by ssupp
Instead of looking for planets they should find a way to reach FTL travel.

We can't even reach the nearest star besides our sun with our current technology...

In the words of the four-star General Wesley Clark: "I still believe in E = mc². But I can't believe that in all of human history we'll never ever be able to go beyond the speed of light to reach where we want to go. I happen to believe that mankind can do it. I've argued with physicists about it. I've argued with best friends about it. I just have to believe it. It's my only faith-based initiative."

I would have to say that he isn't saying it lightly and without knowledge of something

edit on 28-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

I would take his point more seriously had he came up with E = mc².

Very witty, however with the connections some of these generals have, I wouldn't be so quick to discount the quote.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

It's futile finding them if we can't even set up a mere outpost on the moon!

Unless we actually get colonising the nearest and dearest planets to us staring a picture won't change a thing!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

If they do find it , it might then provide incentive to set that base up and take the next step. If we just sit back and do nothing we will never expand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join