It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers predict that a second Earth will be found in 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They can find Earth like planets as much as they like next year. Since we currently have no method of even sending a probe to there destinations whats the point?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

To ensure that we are under total control. To ensure we continue to believe the things we are fed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
They can find Earth like planets as much as they like next year. Since we currently have no method of even sending a probe to there destinations whats the point?

That's officially mate and what we have secretly, are two very different things

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

To ensure that we are under total control. To ensure we continue to believe the things we are fed.

Well said mate! Exactly the response i was looking for.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by andy06shake

That's officially mate and what we have secretly, are two very different things

The Alcubierre drive looks like it has some potential for FTL travel but we would need some exotic matter which is still only theoretical and then there is the problem of the acululated energy during transit, that somehow has to be dissipated before arrival. Whats your views on FTL propulsion methods?
edit on 28-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Whatever my views are would only be speculation and I certainly ain't no warp drive expert

However, I would say that nothing can be discounted and that includes traveling beyond the speed of light

Just to explain my reasoning behind that, with some of the UFO incidents reported over the years, there is a technology being displayed that is something way beyond what anyone would think possible.

edit on 28-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i'm still trying to figure out what these scientists are using to detect water molecules millions and millions of miles away.

and maybe they should be using that equipment here on earth so african children don't die of hunger and thirst because of extreme drought.

i think it's all b.s. and if the some theories here on ats are right, this is just leaking already confirmed information given to them by entities that may be from there or have confirmed those planets existence.

i wonder how many humans were sold out by our "leaders" for a lousy star chart.

i think at the pace everything is being released your kids, kids, when they reach adult hood will be face to face with these visitors.

edit on 28-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I do think that speed of light travel is speculative at least.

Makes for good coffee table conversation though.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So this is the year? Have they already found it an are awaiting for 'clearance' to reveal it to the world?

Hold on to the conspiracy talk. It's all to do with technology and the capability of detecting smaller planets and even the atmosphere they have. That technology is improving all the time.

It's as simple and non conspiratorial as that !

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ahhh so that's the hidden agenda with this thread......goodbye and be happy in your paranoia.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Excellent I propose we send the 1%ers first then blow up all the space ships so they can't come back.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Many millenium in the past, perhaps the previous great civilizations found this planet, sent their ships and established their own little bitty world out in the middle of nowhere. No regulation from the space government, nothing. But then something happens. Maybe their ship broke, maybe the home planet blew itself up in nuclear fire. And then there's just a blue-green marble with some disconnected civilized beings who grew less and less civilized with each generation. A hundred generations down the line, then you've got humanity.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Would anyone sign up for a one way ticket?
Hopefully they have hot green alien girls
then I would go.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Am I missing something? Didn't astronomers already idenfity a few goldilock planets in the past?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Even if we find it no one will ever make it without "outside" help and I think we burned that card many many years ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

They found a super earth which has twice the mass of earth so we couldn't live there due to the increased gravity all the others were just rocks or gas giants which happened to be in the goldilocks zone.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
ill be on the first flight outta here! just at long as those who corrupted Earth dont come as well

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar
These people are so hung up on water and temperature. Have they never heard of extremophiles? And what says an alien life form would have cells as we know them, or even DNA? Water is not unnecessary for life.

Absolutely correct although I don't know what an extremophile. Are Humans being used as the gauge to be measured by? So if something doesn't match up to our life style it's considered extreme? I truly feel I live among cavemen with weapons (not you).

But I think it's safe to assume however, if you and I think like this then this thought MUST'VE crossed the mind of a scientist or two.
I feel these are purposefully placed baby-steps so mankind can start accepting what we were taught didn't exist.

Same goes with the general UFO mindset. Many of us feel/know, some of these crafts are extraterrestrial but, how many are open minded enough to consider who the pilots are? Reptilians and mantis for example still get more giggles than respect.

So it's all a slow process of acceptance that's for sure.

edit on 28-12-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Instead of looking for planets they should find a way to reach FTL travel.

We can't even reach the nearest star besides our sun with our current technology...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
Instead of looking for planets they should find a way to reach FTL travel.

We can't even reach the nearest star besides our sun with our current technology...

In the words of the four-star General Wesley Clark: "I still believe in E = mc². But I can't believe that in all of human history we'll never ever be able to go beyond the speed of light to reach where we want to go. I happen to believe that mankind can do it. I've argued with physicists about it. I've argued with best friends about it. I just have to believe it. It's my only faith-based initiative."

I would have to say that he isn't saying it lightly and without knowledge of something

edit on 28-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join