It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Onequestions philosophy of the day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Today i decided that everything is an extension of my mind(self).

My body is an extension of my brain communicating to me through senses and nerve endings telling my brain whats going on.

The people in my life are also extensions of myself, everyone i interact with affects the way i think and experience just like my nervous system.

The heavenly bodies in space are also extensions of myself cosmically affecting the way i think through magnetic forces and the wave of consciousness that creates my being.

All in all everything i see is an extensions of myself and it is apart of me and what i am.

Todays philosophy.
edit on 27-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Neat!!!

Today, well pondering life in the universe gazing through my telescope, I came to the conclusion, we are all infinitely different, and so finitely the same. Our bodies, and minds are an enormous collection of cells working together to produce life, consciousness, personality. The world around us is an enormous collection of particles, moving, vibrating, existing in harmony.

Human beings are made of a billion cells all cooperating and existing in harmony, and thus is the key to life. We as human beings need to be more like our bodies, and the universe around us.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Ahhh exactly you get it nice. Well articulated and thanks for the extra info.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Maybe we're all waking up to something?

Did this thread slip by you?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Nice i glanced over it and im going to have to come back and check it out when i can. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The better question to be asking is why was it important for you to create this framework about yourself, and share it with others?

Are you searching for Truth with a capital T? Can you ever find that?

Are you searching for validation? How does it make you feel when others agree with your framework? How about if others disagree?

Why do you have a need to define everything as an extension of yourself?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I am "me" and you are "you".

I am The God (Creator/Center Point) of my life experience (via choice, action, etc.)

You are The God (Creator/Center Point) of your life experience (via choice, action, etc.)

When two people meet, it is the two creators creating a life experience together.

The true meaning of "Namaste" (My universe/world/life connects to Your universe/world/life)
(The life-experience-creator in me sees the life-experience-creator in you)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The people in my life are also extensions of myself, everyone i interact with affects the way i think and experience just like my nervous system.

Don't you mean that you are an extension of them?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Don't you mean that you are an extension of them?

There is no 'them'. And there is no 'you'.
There is just what is happening.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If there is no 'you' and there is no 'them,' there also is no 'just' and there is no 'happening.'

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

If there is no 'you' and there is no 'them,' there also is no 'just' and there is no 'happening.'

Nothing is happening but it appears to be something happening.
Emptiness is forming.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Not sure how you came to that conclusion??
The happening is happening. Seeing is happening, hearing is happening. But no one is doing it!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Reminds me of Alan Watts.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The happening is happening. Seeing is happening, hearing is happening. But no one is doing it!!

Actually, if the happening is happening, seeing cannot be happening, only seeing. Consequently, hearing is hearing, not happening. Fundamentally and necessarily, everyone is doing it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Actually, if the happening is happening, seeing cannot be happening, only seeing. Consequently, hearing is hearing, not happening. Fundamentally and necessarily, everyone is doing it.

Seeing is happening, you might think you are doing seeing but you are not. You are not doing seeing, if you were then you would beable to stop seeing. Seeing does not need doing, it is done.
No one is doing seeing.
Seeing is happening.

Who is doing this:
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Seeing is happening, you might think you are doing seeing but you are not. You are not doing seeing, if you were then you would beable to stop seeing. Seeing does not need doing, it is done.
No one is doing seeing.
Seeing is happening.

It's called closing the eyes. Then you can choose not to see.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

No one is doing seeing.
Seeing is happening.

It's called closing the eyes. Then you can choose not to see.

Seeing still happens when the eyes are shut. Even when you believe you should be sleeping, seeing still happens (dreaming).
I am pointing to what does not have to be done - awareness is natural.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

That's true. It's natural. I think what is more useful is focusing on what you want to be aware OF. If something perceived as "unwanted" is what is being aware of, then you can turn your head and focus on something else. There is a degree of free-will even though it is constant.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

That's true. It's natural. I think what is more useful is focusing on what you want to be aware OF. If something perceived as "unwanted" is what is being aware of, then you can turn your head and focus on something else. There is a degree of free-will even though it is constant.

Seeing is happening, moving the seeing to 'something else' is also just happening. Who is doing it though - that is the question?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Are you saying that if a thought appears that you do not want, you can just turn your head and look at something else. The problem with thought is that you cannot shut your eyes to stop seeing them appear.
What would you focus on if you had a thought you don't like?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join