It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shown A Once Atheist Author Now In Hades

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ever wonder what happens to some of these famous people who promote atheism and then die and find out what the afterlife really holds without taking Pascal's wager?

In the following snippet, a man who was shown things in Hades recounts his dialogue with a once atheist, once atheist because after finding himself there, he knows God is real and wishes it weren't so.

[color=palevioletred]Take note people:
If you are right, and there is no God, you lose nothing. But if you are wrong, you lose EVERYTHING!

spiritlessons.com...

[color=crimson]Chapter 10: An Atheist in Hell

We had not gone much farther before I saw a vast number of tormenting demons. They were continually lashing a large company of wretched souls with knotted whips of ever burning steel. The tormented were roaring out with such loud cries that I thought it might have melted even cruelty itself into some pity. This made me say to one of the tormentors, “Oh, stop your whipping, and do not use such cruelty on those who are your fellow creatures, and whom you probably helped lead to all this misery.”

“No,” answered the tormentor very smoothly. “Though we are bad enough, no devil was as bad as them, nor were we guilty of such crimes as they were. We all know there is a God, although we hate Him; but these souls would never admit (until they came here) that there was such a Being.”

“Then these,” I said, “were atheists. They are wretched men, and tried to ruin me had not eternal grace prevented it.”

I had no sooner spoken, but one of the tormented wretches cried out mournfully , “Surely I know that voice. It must be John.”
I was amazed to hear my name mentioned; and therefore I answered, “Yes, I am John; but who are you?”

To this he replied, “I once knew you well upon the earth, and had almost persuaded you to be of my opinion. I am the author of that celebrated book entitled ‘Leviathan.’”

“What! The great Hobbs?” said I. “Are you come here?”

“Alas,” replied he, “I am that unhappy man indeed. But I am so far from being great that I am one of the most wretched persons in all these dirty territories.[color=gold] For now I know there is a God. But oh! I wish there were not, for I am sure He will have no mercy on me. Nor is there any reason that He should. I do confess I was His foe on earth, and now He is mine in hell. It was that proud confidence I had in my own wisdom that has so betrayed me.”

spiritlessons.com...

If you are right, you lose nothing.But if you are wrong, you lose everything!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok which god do i need to believe to get into heaven? Will any do?
If I'm right you've wasted your whole life basing it on a lie...
edit on 27-12-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I say, "If you believe in any kind of religion, you are going to Hades."

I could be wrong, but do you really wan't to risk eternal damnation in case that I am right.

edit on 27/12/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ho-Hum, another fictional account of "Hell." It is not verifiable by the Bible or any other means. Yes, the wicked will make an account for their sins and wickedness, but God's own Law forbids an eternal punishment for temporal crimes, or have you not read the Law of Jubilee?

Heaven, yes!

Hell, no!!
edit on 27-12-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What about the Muslim, or the Jew, who has a dream, or NDE, about their own scriptures and beliefs? Let me guess, theirs is just fantasy, or a deception of the devil, but the Christian ones are real.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Not once does it say he was an Atheist, in fact he was an "an English Christian writer and preacher". A preacher. He probably didn't have an agenda at all.

Haha, I just realized that the Atheist in hell is another Author that lived in the same time and place as him, a rival philosopher that questioned his beliefs. What are chances of meeting him in hell! An amazing coincidence.

This is a great example of how Christianity uses fear to control people.
edit on 27-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So it's more evil to deny the existence of god and lead a good life than to hate him and befoul his creation?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Seems nobody is scared by the imaginary place your imaginary friend can send us to. your trying to spread a fear that most people grew out of when they realised santa was just a story too. big yawn very very childish fearmongering seems to be all the religious are capable of. ddduuuuuhhhh. if we're wrong we've got nothing to lose but if your wrong duuuuhhhhh yap yap yap. parroting the same dumb garbage as your priests is not denying ignorance it is wholeheartedly embracing it. enjoy spending your life fearing everything worrying what your imaginary friend might think about everything you do but dont try to scare other people with made up gibberish.

if god exists may he strike me down now for my blasphemy and send me to hell........ nope nothing oh hang on somethings happening. ow my chest BUUUUURRRP oh ok better now cool. no god or just a useless ineffectual one powerless even to stop me hahaha yawn.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EfficientP

Well, I've come back from the dead too, and I can tell you that, from above, everything is perfect and just the way it's supposed to be. There is no hell, just an ocean of love.

10,000 angels DO dance on the head of a pin, btw.

edit on 27-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You think you've been to heaven ....... and back. wow so what happened did your all seeing all knowing imaginary friend accidentally take you before he planned to. Then send you back here .seems a bit clumsy to me for a god

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
it's hilarious that a group of people exist amongst us that are daily literally praying for the ability to say with a smarmy tone "I told you so".
God loves you, for all your faults, you are undergoing a progression of clarification of your soul, over many many lifetimes, if that is what you seek, you are what you currently want to be, in time you will change, remaining fixated on the idea of hell is a living death.
Get over IT.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

Hey, my "1970's" experience is just a valid as anyone's! But those kinds of "experiences" aren't for everyone, and are not allowed to be discussed on ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
it's hilarious that a group of people exist amongst us that are daily literally praying for the ability to say with a smarmy tone "I told you so".
God loves you, for all your faults, you are undergoing a progression of clarification of your soul, over many many lifetimes, if that is what you seek, you are what you currently want to be, in time you will change, remaining fixated on the idea of hell is a living death.
Get over IT.

Oh and you know better than anyone else? How? The Bible told you so?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Haha. oh i see
. Been to few places with that kind of help. i hope they don't all exist

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
At least I'm going to be in good company

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EfficientP

Who talks like that?
A frank dialogue is in order... not flowery speech befitting a 19th century novellla filled with stuffy men with smoking-jackets and monocles.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
All of you atheist scoffers will be in for a big surprise when you die and God cast your souls into the pit of eternal torment. I urge you to accept Christ into your heart so he can be your lord and savior,you will not regret it and you will be with God in heaven for ever. Trust me when I say it will be the best choice you ever made.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
oh brother..........I am a spiritual person, not an athesist, but that story is one big load of BS.

"dirty territories"? really! ?!?

My "God" is not a sadistic, petty foolish entity like the one worshiped by the author of this delusion

My god is an entity of love and light

'nuff sermonizing from me

Peace and love to all! spiritual, agnostic and atheist alike

edit on 27-12-2012 by grubblesnert because: forgot the r and that makes a difference!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheChosenKing
All of you atheist scoffers will be in for a big surprise when you die and God cast your souls into the pit of eternal torment. I urge you to accept Christ into your heart so he can be your lord and savior,you will not regret it and you will be with God in heaven for ever. Trust me when I say it will be the best choice you ever made.

erm no thanks. neither required nor desired. do you honestly believe scare stories and threats are going to win people over who see the bible as a very simple man made tool to control the workers. Hes gonna make you suffer and burn in eternal pain and anguish never ending because you didnt pray hard enough because he loves you. makes a mockery of the whole jesus dying for our sins past and future thing doesnt it. hey ho as someone once said give a man a fish and he will eat for a day . teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime give him religion and he'll die praying for a fish.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheChosenKing
You foolish, egocentric man. There will be no after-life for you or anyone else. It's your fear of death that has you beliving in such foolishness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join