It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn Jillette; A Voice of Reason.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted already but I just watched this clip;

Penn tells it how it really is, he explains that it was an anomaly not a common occurrence, he explains that most people who have guns do no damage to others, just as most folks with mental illness do no harm to others. Most people are overwhelmingly good he states. He then defends CoD from the blame the ladies attempt to place on it.

People must take responsibility we must stop blaming society and blame the perpetrator, and he's also state Jamie Fox is wrong. Blame the killers, not the artist, Shakespeare is not a bad person. I'm paraphrasing here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
Apologies if this has been posted already but I just watched this clip;

Penn tells it how it really is, he explains that it was an anomaly not a common occurrence, he explains that most people who have guns do no damage to others, just as most folks with mental illness do no harm to others. Most people are overwhelmingly good he states. He then defends CoD from the blame the ladies attempt to place on it.

People must take responsibility we must stop blaming society and blame the perpetrator, and he's also state Jamie Fox is wrong. Blame the killers, not the artist, Shakespeare is not a bad person. I'm paraphrasing here.

Penn's faulty logic is laughable. I guess this is the kind of stuff you learn in clown college.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Ringling Style

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A very common anomaly.

List of mass killings

Which does not include these:

School killings
Workplace killings

As much as I like Penn Jillette, he is wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

And how does that list compare to the number of people killed in automobile accidents?

Is it any less tragic to die in a car accident than it is a killers rampage?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

And how does that list compare to the number of people killed in automobile accidents?

Is it any less tragic to die in a car accident than it is a killers rampage?

Intentional vs not intentional, made to kill vs made to transport, completely different amount of cars in constant use. The two aren't even comparable.
edit on 1-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I disagree, road rage is real, but not easily quantified.

The real measure is discriminate or discriminate, and figuring out which is worse. We are apparently willing to live with extremely large numbers of what is considered indiscriminate deaths, which can be prevented, but not willing to accept a small number of what are considered to be discriminate deaths.

To try and pretend there is a difference.

Some driver makes a mistake, someone dies. Some person on the edge blows a gasket, someone dies.

I see 2 accidents, but one type takes a whole lot more lives.

I don't see it as justice that more lives are sacrificed for a different type of failure.

top topics

join