It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epidemic Alert on Dec 24th that described victims eyes turning green...read on

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
time to get MILK THISTLE to the patients in africa.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
reply to post by crazyewok

What about the eyes turning green. I thought yellow fever was supposed to make them yellow?

Im not arguing with you as it seems to have similar sympotoms, but from what I understand nI thought the virus was supposed to turn the eyes yellow.

Its intresting but clinicaly not significant. Liver and kidney failure can cause colour changes to yellow or green due the build up of toxins. Will be intresting to see what it is as I will be suprised if not yelllow fever or marburg.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This likely is natural, but it is right to question everything, considering that governments in the 20th and 21st centuries have tested conventional, biological, and chemical weapons on unsuspecting populations, on at least a small scale. Remember when the CIA was experimenting with '___'? Not only were US soldiers used as guinea pigs, but the groundwater was spiked with the drug in a small village in France, which had a horrible effect on many of the residents there.

There are many such cases, some more recent than others. Hussein was notorious for using unconventional weaponry on the Kurds in Iraq, and hypocritical nations like the US want to cry foul, although they have a splotched record themselves. Look at agent orange, which was used in Vietnam. These are chemical weapons, but really, if a nation or group is willing to use chemical weapons, why not biological weapons? They are much more difficult to trace, and it is harder to distinguish whether the outbreak was natural or man-made.

I think that nowadays, if any relatively large and powerful nation, of which there are quite a few, wanted to field test some of their biological weapons, they would do it in a place like Africa. A place where there is no solid power structure, and no governmental oversight. A place that is in turmoil already. A nation that has no legal or illegal way to fight back. But personally I do not see why biological weaponry would need to be tested on a large scale like this, with actual human targets.

The biological agent would have already been tested on animals to document the effects, therefore those who developed the weapons have a very good idea as to what will happen if they deploy these weapons. So the only thing, in my opinion, that would even need to be tested on these types of weapons is the delivery system. There is also the possibility that IF this was done purposefully, it was done for a specific reason that we know nothing about, and was not intended to be a test...rather it was intended as an attack. Maybe it is supposed to send a message to another country. Who knows really.

But as I said initially, this is likely natural. It is scary to think that different types of diseases or viruses can adapt and overcome our eradication measures, and that they can grow stronger in a relatively short period of time. Another reason this is likely natural is that places with a large population, coupled with extremely unsanitary conditions, malnutrition, etc, epidemics are likely to occur much more frequently than in other places. It just makes sense. The symptoms seem quite strange, or at least the eyes turning green. I have never heard of eyes turning that color. Yellow maybe, but not green. Very strange, whether natural or man-made.

There is also the possibility that this was an attack by an extremist or terrorist group in Africa, of which there are plenty. But where would they have gotten such a weapon? The OP already mentioned that there are nations with these types of weapons, and the security measures are likely not up to par. In some of those countries, just about any local or native can be bribed, if they were not already a fundamentalist committed to a terrorist group's cause. I remember reading a thread yesterday about a security group with a DoD contract in Afghanistan, some of whose native employees were carrying RPG's, which are outlawed completely in that country...Think about it for a second...The majority of the citizens there are extremely poor, and the opportunity to make money is much more important to them than the lives of American troops. That is my main point, along with the fact that just about any type of weaponry that is possessed by a structurally weak nation can be acquired by anyone with the right amount of funding. Things just work differently in developing nations than they do in stronger, more established nations.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The yellowing of the skin is easy. That's jaundice. Caused by having too much bilirubin or in severe cases - biliverdin (which is green) - in your bloodstream. Their red blood cells have been damaged and hemoglobin is flowing in the bloodstream. All sorts of causes, but usually viral related.

Now the green eyes is confusing. Is it the whites of the eyes that are turning green? If so, that's called the sclera. The only colors I've ever seen are blue, red, and yellow. Yellow from jaundice, red from partying too much
and blue from several causes. Anti-malaria drugs can cause blue scleras and so can iron deficiency. Old people get blue sclera too.

For what it's worth, green could also be the color of the pus from a bacterial infection just gunking up the eyes.

In my guesstimate, they have something that is damaging their red blood cells intensely, causing severe jaundice and iron deficiency. Yellow sclera from the bilirubin or even the green biliverdin + blue sclera from the iron deficiency could produce green-colored whites of the eyes. Maybe it is a new type of Hepatitis virus? Vomiting/fever/jaundice symptoms are indicative of Hep. Hep isn't airborne, but could be transmitted via food. But honestly, viruses don't act THAT fast. Plus 500 people all at once?

I'm just getting the feeling that this is some kind of mass poisoning.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Didn't locate anything on the news, either. Then again, a lot happens in Africa that doesn't seem to make the news. Strange case. Here is a link to the page with the description: direct link

More strange, I can't find anything online to even suggest what could cause that color change. There is a "wikianswers" question, asking what could cause eyes to turn green, but it has no answers. Even medical sites seem to have no information. Maybe there is a reason they are worried.....

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I do not know either "Lady Green eyes".
WE have reports of swine flu in Palestine...oops Israel ( west bank where the non jews exist), a mass outbreak in Indonesia, all sorts of exotic diseases in Africa, botulism outbreaks in Australian cattle, mosquito diseases in Australia, and dengue fever plague of mosquitoes in Melbourne Australia.
Green eyes, I once swore I had them , but it turned out they were blue, but had changed from green.
Lets hope we all remain safe.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Well, there have been diseases around a long time, and some are pretty weird. Plus, it's very possible this is something with a man-made cause. Some chemical thing, or some biological weapon.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There's no other known disease that can turn the iris a diferent color. If the only symptoms are vomiting and diahrrea then it leads me to believe these people could have a comorbid condition to turn the skin yellow and eyes possibly yellow-green tent such as liver failure or hep.

I wonder what will happen after they die---zombies oh my.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellfreedumb

Is it the iris that turns, or the sclera? The information we have seen doesn't really make that clear. If the sclera, that could be a tint from some liver problem, as suggested. If the iris....well, that's beyond weird!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join