It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Norman Schwarzkopf Has Passed...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I met then Col. Schwarzkopf when he was a student at the US Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, PA. I was home from college and served him drinks at a party hosted by my dad, a classmate of his. I remember him well; his stature stood out in the crowd and he was very gracious.

I met him when I was assigned to JSOC during Desert Shield/Storm. I was a young Solider then a newly minted SSG 18C/97B with about zero skills and no rep in the community. I was on a team assigned to do advance work for his travel around the theater. Not a sexy assignment but necessary - checking corners and places for people to hide a general counterintelligence/security type thing we'd provide a short overview to his staff on the risks and the PSD would make a plan to mitigate them.

I certainly didn't "know" him I worked "around him" mostly.

He was very cautious in my opinion - there were plans to use the airborne in a combat jump and he rejected the idea as too risky. Pissed off the 82nd ABN Division Commander I heard he stomped out of the brief like a kid denied his favorite toy...

Understand I only know what I heard from the senior officers at JSOC but I heard that he was not a big fan of Special Operations forces in general and favored traditional forces it was begrudgingly that he included Special Operations at all. The J2 said once that we were being treated like an afterthought...

He seemed to be well liked by all his personal staff.

RIP - Sir.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The guy was a willing tool of the New World Order.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Thanks for sharing....the General was old school and probably referred to Special Forces as "snake eaters" (like my dad did).

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
RIP Sir..

From the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (7th armoured brigade- The Desert Rats) You had under your command during the liberation of Kuwait.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Unwitting tool maybe but dont you think that we had to invade Iraq after they went into Kuwait? It was the NWO dreamer GHW Bush that made them stop short of completing the mission. His initial invasion on GW I was brilliant militarily (the end around with the tanks). Gen Petraeus, who got his PhD from the Woodrow Wilson School (of Public and International Affairs, Princeton, a "progressive" training ground) is probably the general who could be a willing NWO tool.

edit on 27-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I heard that he passed earlier today. He drank Scotch....I will have a drink in his honor later tonight
edit on 27-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

As will I.

One of those guys that demanded attention, and got it. Old school.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Echo Charlie Whiskey Bravo everybody get down and do the graucho...

Stormin knows what that means... RIP my man

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A Troop 1st Cav Div ,1/7 Cav, Headhunter15 E. Lead element XVIII Airborne Corps.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A remarkable Man, He passed too soon, I Salute you Sir Rest in Peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I just wish that he could have closed the door on Saddam's Republican Guard a day or so earlier - but then he couldn't have known that they were collapsing so quickly at the time. A weaker RG would have meant that 1991 would have been the year that Saddam's head ended up on a spike in Baghdad. Ah well, he got the job done.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Shooting fish in a barrel and being proud of the accomplishment. It's what all Americans aspire to. A tool he was in a long line of tools but a fine gentleman I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
RIP General Schwarzkopf- a true soldiers soldier.

A poster wrote that he was cautious on the battlefield- I heard it slightly different- that he didnt endanger the men under his command unnecessarily, and played the long game, building up his forces until overwhelming rather than charging in blindly.

Also remember he played a part in pulling a big deception on Iraqi forces during desert storm, making them think there was to be an amphibious landing, thereby pinning down many military assets guarding the coast and building entrenched positions.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

He led yet another unnecessary US war against an "enemy" which never threatened us and posed no threat to our national security. After a whole 100 hours, the "fearsome and dangerous" Iraqis were defeated.

I have no doubt that a retard could have led the US to "victory" against those poor bastards.

In typical fashion, the pro-war establishment media commanded us to worship this man.

I am saddened by the death of anyone but excuse me if I'm not moved by his passing.

edit on 28-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It was the coalition that made them stop, not Bush. The coalition said that if the US went into Iraq any more than absolutely necessary, they would revoke the rights to bases, and bring their troops home and the US would have to go it alone with no support in the region.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Coalition including the Saudis....Bush made the deal with them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
If they had only let him finish the first Iraq war...

R.I.P.

Truer words never spoken. Had he been able to do that, there would have not been the Iraq mess of today.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yes, including the Saudis but they weren't the only ones that only wanted the war stopped at the border. All the Middle Eastern allies wanted it stopped at the border, for fear it would destabilize the area for years (sound familiar?).

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Conspiracy!!!!!

Just kidding...thx for your service...would have been great to work with ya...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I can remember reading his book when i was a kid.It seemed like he lead an interesting life.

RIP

top topics

<< 1   >>

join