It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast and Furious Afghanistan: More Illegal Weapons in The Hands of The Enemy?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Of course Obama doesn't know about this or he said no to it and they went along with it anyway.

(sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You should forward this information to Dan Rather at Link TV and let them investgate it. Also, Jesse Ventura.
I think the only way to keep this going is to get it out there, any way possible.
Great work.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
While there may be some truth to his story, and there is probably a larger issue with weapons, Timmins has at least one failed attempt prior to this to throw a company he worked for under the bus.

Since most probably skipped over it, here is his failed lawsuit against a company he worked for in 2000...

Timmins Judgement

In short, he...

1. Had a disagreement over full-time vs. seasonal employment status.
2. Made allegations of food safety violations in conjunction with his work hours complaint.
3. Did not give specific details (dates/times) of alleged violations in order to aid the company with an investigation.
4. Told customers, a Senator, the USDA and several other organizations about the alleged violations

In this case, the court ruled he was being a royal pain in the arse and was just plain and simple in the wrong.

It is not a stretch of the imagination to assume he had a similar disagreement with Compass ISS and is making these allegations up to get back at them. That might also explain why he is getting little or no traction with his complaints.

I'm hoping more details arise to substantiate some of his claims, but I doubt that they will considering how much time has passed since him being fired.

So, because this company has supposedly been caught doing other things Wong, this has to be fabricated?
I don't think so...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

and press tv

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well something does appear amiss here... rotten to the core is more like it !
I shall look forward to further discussion on the show.

leolady
edit on 29-12-2012 by leolady because: cuz

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have done some research this morning into this “Ben Timmons” and made a couple of interesting discoveries.

Firstly I discovered that he has tried in the past to sue his old employers when he worked as a meet inspector and he was unsuccessful. What is very interesting is how he chose to have his court fees paid he done so by claiming legal aid on medical grounds citing his mental health problems. In 2006 he also tried to have this case looked at again and was told he was basically being annoying

I then also found something interesting on a thread used by guys working in close protection about Compass ISS. There Ben Timmons has posted a short post about his treatment, the kidnapping for example (although nothing about the weapons). Another member who calls himself “Kiwiranger” responds by accusing Mr Timmons of “losing the plot” and states this is because he was suffering due to his mental health which he was being medicated for and challenges him quite clearly stating that the reason for his “kidnapping” was because he “lost the plot on the base”.

Here is the Link to the website where if found that information, I would recommend reading page’s 5 and 6. Unfortunately the website requires you to register if you want to view more than a few pages, however I have taken the liberty of attempting to contact “KiwiRanger” regarding Mr Timmons claims in this thread.

I have also seen some legal websites that refer to a case in which Mr Timmons has attempted to unsuccessfully sue Compass ISS for unfair dismissal, again he was unsuccessful.

Now on ATS we often have threads like this, there is basically one source and they are ripped to shreds.

While I respect Springer for the fantastic work he has done for this site I have to treat this thread like any other thread and I think everyone else should be doing the same.

As I have shown above the source for this thread “Mr Timmons” is highly unreliable, he is psychologically imbalanced, has tried to file for unfair dismissal in the past and now we even have someone claiming that when Mr Timmons was in Afghanistan he “lost the plot”. Furthermore there are no other witnesses cited in the OP that corroborate what this very doggy source is saying.

Another point I wish to reiterate is that there is zero proof that Compass ISS is supplying weapons to Afghan insurgents and as such even the title of this thread is questionable.

I think other members need to stop looking at the author of this thread and start looking at the details of the thread when responding.

edit on 29-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Firstly I discovered that he has tried in the past to sue his old employers when he worked as a meet inspector and he was unsuccessful

I posted a link to the employment court judgement regarding the meat inspection job on page 7 of this thread and it can also be found on page 7 of the external thread you linked to.

Unfortunately the website requires you to register if you want to view more than a few pages

You don't have to sign up for the site, just clear your cookies/history when you get the message and you can read through the whole thread. Although, as you state, the meat of the information is on pages 5 and 6.

User sneekyhunter's post on page 5 of that thread is of particular interest.

Illegally detaining, Kidnapping and assaulting their own staff is not uncommon so if you intend to work for them best you write down any possible problem and get verifiable evidence just in case you end up down the road or being detained by the authorities.

Sound familiar?

I have also seen some legal websites that refer to a case in which Mr Timmons has attempted to unsuccessfully sue Compass ISS for unfair dismissal, again he was unsuccessful.

I couldn't find anything about him suing compass, but I assumed he did. Do you have links?
edit on 29-12-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

definately opened up my eyes on this issue....amazing read!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I wonder if Russian is supplying the Taliban at this time like the US did during the Russian occupation?
hmmmmm food for thought.

Andro

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

If you also read the posts of a member called “KiwiRanger” he seems to have some interesting perspective on Mr Timmons claims regarding his “unfair dismissal”. It is also this other poster who says Mr Timmons was “medicated” and was locked down because he “lost the plot” while on the base.

Also I am by no means a lawyer but I found this .

It’s a court ruling showing that Mr Timmons tried to take Compass ISS to court for unfair dismissal, the court ruled that because Mr. Timmons had not been employed by Compass for more than 6 months he had no grounds for making such a claim.

Actually the more and more I dig up about this MR. Timmons the more and more I am led to doubt the OP, I think springer has been too trusting and we are yet to see the evidence that Compass ISS are providing arms to insurgent groups in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Good investigating! That really changes a few things...Makes ya wonder! Mental health issues and previous attempts to sue them. Very interesting!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As I have said above Mr Timmons mental health is questionable, I found this form 2006, after Mr Timmons failed attempt to sue another of his previous employers he was forced to pay out the court fee’s. To get around this Mr. Timmons claimed legal aid citing mental health, this is called “medically diagnosed stress” in the judgment a rather vague statement I would assume this is to protect his confidentiality.

There is also the link I provided above that says that Mr. Timmons was medicated and that he “lost the plot”.

Just wanted to highlight these points.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If you also read the posts of a member called “KiwiRanger” he seems to have some interesting perspective on Mr Timmons claims regarding his “unfair dismissal”.

Yep, I read through all that yesterday. The other folks in the thread claimed KiwiRanger worked for Compass and was directly involved in the Timmins issue... although he states he is not the person they say he is, he seems to have first-hand knowledge of what happened. I won't give the name, as he is redacted in the documents Springer posted. It's fairly easy to figure out though.

Thanks for posting the additional links.

Now, none of this proves that he is lying about what happened at Compass. However, it is painting a picture of Mr. Timmins that does not help his credibility in the least.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No it does not prove he is lying

But.

if you think about it, we know that Ben Timmons had tried to sue one of his previous employers that that was over turned, and we also know that he then tried unsuccessfully to take Compass to court for unfair dismissal. In the back ground of all this we also know that he was medically diagnosed as being “stressed” so it’s not too much of a reach to believe was this “Kiwiranger” guy has to say about him being “medicated” if one follows this line of thought through then is it really so difficult to believe that Mr. Timmons “lost the plot”. Regardless of whether or not Kiwiranger was in on it or not everyone other than ATS it would seem has told Mr. Timmons get lost.

Is it really that hard to believe that this guy who we all know what stressed out and had previously tried to sue a former employer just blew the whole thing out of proportion. Say he was trying to leave the base into an unsecure area and was flipping out so the guys at Compass decide to lock him down for his own safety. Then they realise he’s not suited to the job because he just can’t hack it and can’t accept that the PMC guys have the same guns as the Taliban, DSHK’s and RPGs so they sack him because of his actions.

Then he tried to unsuccessfully sue them for unfair dismissal.

So he then tries unsuccessfully to make a big deal out of it going to senators and so on.

I would bet he also tried unsuccessfully to go to the media with this story.

And eventually just goes to ATS.

Who it seems have tried to use his story as some kind of evidence that PMC’s are providing weapons to afghan insurgents, something we are yet to see any evidence off.

This source would be ripped to shreds if you or I posted it, but because its springer everyone is going with it. Look at the thread and not the member.

The source is unreliable as I have proven, the source’s testimony also lacks any corroboration and we still have no evidence of Compass ISS providing weapons to Afghan insurgents.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The source is unreliable as I have proven

I think I beat you to that on the previous page, but I'll give you credit for the additional research

Always remember, even an unreliable source can be telling the truth at times...

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If you want to have the brownie points for beating me to the punch line then go for it but i spent most of a day doing all my research and I have posted what i have found which is more than you.

What I really want here is for Springer to address the points I have raised.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hey, I'm one of the very few on this thread that are on the same page with you.

The information regarding Timmins' background is extremely relevant to the context of the story.

What I really want here is for Springer to address the points I have raised.

The points made regarding Timmins and their implications are pretty self-explanatory. I don't expect them to be specifically addressed.

Springer said he'd update the thread as new info came in. I'll wait for that.

We will be doing a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) inquiry into everything we can on this case and will update this thread as we gain new information.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What does that mean? "Losing the Plot" I haven't heard that before outside of story telling.

Timmons may be a trouble maker, but some of the points you brought up seem off. (not that you're off, but rather the information)

I then also found something interesting on a thread used by guys working in close protection about Compass ISS. There Ben Timmons has posted a short post about his treatment, the kidnapping for example (although nothing about the weapons). Another member who calls himself “Kiwiranger” responds by accusing Mr Timmons of “losing the plot” and states this is because he was suffering due to his mental health which he was being medicated for and challenges him quite clearly stating that the reason for his “kidnapping” was because he “lost the plot on the base”.
So this Kiwiranger person states that Timmons was kidnapped because he lost the plot. Doesn't it seem odd that a company would kidnap one of it's employees?

Something else about this Timmons character. He seems like a person that collects dirt on his employer, and then blows his whistle when he doesn't get his way. In the court case with the Meat Inspectors, it never states that the health issues he reported were looked into, but it does point out the a Sexual Harassment complaint was placed against him after he made his report.

It seems to be the same in this case. He gathered up info on his employer, then is using that info when it suits him. It may be a slimey way of doing stuff (it seems like he's trying to blackmail companies for full employment status), but that doesn't make what he saying any less true.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

I think what might have happened possibly is that when he saw the RPG’s he tried to leave the security of the camp to report it and for his safety they had to lock him up. That is just my interpretation one thing is for sure based on the volume of evidence I have gathered it is clear that the OP is wrong.

There is no evidence that and PMC’s including Compass are supplying weapons to Afghan insurgents.

Yes word for word everything might have happened as the OP has stated, but there no evidence that Compass ISS have been supplying weapons to insurgents.

I have only been able to look into a small part of this guy’s history outside of this thread and everything I have found shows him to be unreliable.

To still be willing to believe to OP in the face of this makes no sense when it is based entirely on his testimony.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I still think that there may be something to this though, I'll explain why briefly. Prior to 2008 PMCs and other national, international, and private agencies operating in Iraq could carry pretty much whatever their company gave them a lot of the times weaponry was chosen by a team leader this includes machine guns, scoped long range rifles, assault weapons, frag/incin/smoke/flash/CS grenades, LAAW 7/AT4/SMAW rocket systems. After the revised status of forces agreement between President Talibani PM Noraki ambassador Ryan Crocker and CG Patrues was enacted and agreed upon one of the things (among others) that was decided these PMC were no longer allowed grenades rocket launchers and some other things. Do you know what happened to this stuff I know they didn't send it back to wal mart because international laws with customs will not let you leave the country with this kind of ordinance unless you were military, PMC guys couldnt use it, and the military couldnt take it. I am not saying I know for sure what happened to all them rocket launchers and grenades but I do know that a bunch went missing through word of mouth rumors while I still worked there. So that is why I think it is plausible for at least his claim about the rpg everything else is well as you put it earlier.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join