Fast and Furious Afghanistan: More Illegal Weapons in The Hands of The Enemy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

We'll be discussing this on ATS Live! #141 on Saturday 29th December 2012 and hopefully Springer will be on the show.

This is interesting - so what we are seeing here, assuming the reports are true - is either a major, major lapse in security that needs buttoning up straight away OR a way to arm the bad guys to keep 'em bad, thus justifying the involvement in Afghanistan.

And in doing so, the PSC's need to make sure their own people carry bigger guns, which in turn makes the circle complete.

MIC in action?

I dunno which PSC this is, but are they linked into any of the major corps in any way?
edit on 28/12/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I don't know what actually makes me more angry, the fact that it is happened/ing, the way this company treated him, or the lack of follow through by the authorities.
, and people wonder why PMC/PSC's are always looked at with suspison. Great post Springer.

S&F

Grim

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Holy crap springer....... Gonna take me a bit to go through all this. These are the kinds of posts that I come here for

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That is one hell of a story. I know guys that work in this region and associate with some of these pmc's and other para security groups. You all already know how powerful these organizations are and most have people in the us state department as well. I can only begin to speculate about some things but all I have to say about it at this point is that this gentlemen has presented a very very deep and illustrious perpetration of what is supposed to be going on. It makes me worry for some of my guys over there, I hope this does get resolve!

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Afghan resistance fighters (Mujahideen), while fighting those evil commies, were hailed as heroes by the US....and some were even invited to the white house.

They were even glorified in Hollywood movies such as Rambo 3... where the movie was "dedicated" to the "valiant people of Afghanistan".

The next generation of Mujahideen, (who happen to call themselves "Taliban")... fighting the US, are for some reason viewed differently.

edit on 28-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I just don't know...

OBL is supposedly dead.
The Taliban are supposedly no longer in power
Al qeada is supposedly on the skids in Afghanistan.

That means its supposedly time to get the hell out of Dodge.

Oh yeah there's that whole 3 Trillion dollars worth of raw materials to exploit....
edit on 28-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

One mans freedom fighter is anothers terrorist, its all about the spin and politcal/intel/military agenda of the week, this perpetual war on either side of the battlefield should really take a step back and think about whats coming next scandals such as the one presented by Springer only help to make profit, justify purpose, and ultimately further propagate perpetual war.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Holy-moley Springer!

Will have to read more thoroughly but it appears that defense contractors are creating business!

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Everything that can be accomplished with guns in Afghanistan has been done. That beleaguered country has suffered thrirty years of war and who can blame them for wanting to be armed to protect themselves. After the Soviet and US occupations there surely is an abundance of arms...

Afghans fear they will be abandoned by the United States once again. Most don't want the Taliban to return, so they are determined to protect themselves.

And there are plenty of weapons; arms left over from the war against the Soviets, guns smuggled over the porous border with Pakistan and those sold by former mujahideen commanders.

Russian or Pakistani-made AK-47 assault rifles are the biggest sellers, followed by light machineguns. In some areas, the militias go for rocket-propelled grenades.

---

The government was deeply embarrassed when Energy and Water Minister Ismail Khan, an influential former warlord, recently called on militias to rearm to protect Afghanistan after 2014.

General Mohammed Najib Aman, a deputy of the anti-terrorism department at the Interior Ministry, denies the illegal gun trade is flourishing.

---

Former mujahideen commanders in particular are cashing-in on the insecurity, using their wartime connections to acquire handguns and rifles and sell at inflated prices.

Islamuddin laid down his weapons after the Taliban was ousted in 2001, and became a used car salesman. These days that's a front for his real money-making business.

He now sells light machine guns for 150,000 Afghanis ($2,900), double the value a year ago, and AK-47s for 60,000 Afghanis ($1,150), triple that of last year.

"People are worried, so they're buying guns now because they might not be able to buy one when they most need it," he said sitting in a hotel restaurant.

Guns in Afghanistan

On another note from the same article:

The government is encouraging people to seek licenses for weapons so the authorities can track guns. Aman estimates between 30,000 and 40,000 gun licenses have been issued.

Emphasis added.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

The truth is that the Taliban are merely spearheading the resistance.
Their foot soldiers in this war are average tribes of Afghanistan, who for some reason, know how to use modern weapons. They live by ancient tribal laws... that call for avenging deaths of fellow clan members. If one clan member is killled, his brothers and relatives take up arms to avenge him.

They are average people isolated from the modern world.... not terrorists who want to kill westerners just because they live differently.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think there's a bit more here than a disgruntled employee "having a moan". After the considerable time I've spent reviewing the documents, researching the industry (PSCs), researching the companies involved with this story, researching the situation in Afghanistan specifically, talking with others who have worked for PSCs, and questioning Ben directly, I think there's quite a bit more going on.

Based on the stories, from completely separate sources, coming out of Afghanistan about these contractors and apparent breakdowns in discipline and security (see the video I linked at the end of the OP as only one example), it's obvious there are serious issues over there that need to be addressed. I hope this story gets enough attention to help that process happen whether this specific situation is what it appears to be or not.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Having been in theater myself. on both the military and contractor sides of the coin, I can assure you this is far more than a disgruntled employee...

This is an obvious cover up and I for one, fear for the safety and security of the young man..

This reeks in my opinion

Semper

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Taliban are supposedly no longer in power

From what I have read.... the Taliban are out of "power".... but still control most of Afghanistan. So much so that they actually collect taxes from certain areas.

Kabul is probably safe (relatively) but the Taliban have demonstrated that they can make their presence felt any time they want to. Then we have reports of Taliban infiltration into the Afghan national army... I guess all an infiltrator has to do is trim his long beard and sign up.

Its probably very close to the truth that Taliban infiltrators are working as "moles" in the Afghan National army.... supplying their leaders with American weapons and tech.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And "Fast and Furious Libya" followed by "Fast and Furious Syria".....this goes all the way back to Iran-Contra with LTC Oliver North et al.
edit on 28-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.docstoc.com...

Chapter V in this document discloses the handling of captured equipment and some other information, IDK if this information helps or not with the search for the truth but I thought it is relevant enough to bring forth to anyone researching this

also SALUTE report is a military acronym meaning
Size of enemy force, Activity of enemy force, Location of enemy force, Unit type of enemy force (IE mortar team, infantry etc), Time of enemy activity observation, and Equipment used by enemy force
edit on 28-12-2012 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I do not doubt that there are some serious lapses in security, as I said we all know that Afghan nationals employed by PMC’s and even members of the Afghan national Army or police have defected to the Taliban or other militant groups and when they do they take guns, ID’s and uniforms with them.

The issue I have is that your thread and your source appears to be implying that Compass ISS has been supplying weapons to the Afghan insurgents, however there is no proof of that. There is no proof that the weapons and uniforms that where involved in the September attack came from Compass ISS. There is no proof of that yet it is strongly suggested with in the first couple of paragraphs.

The thread then goes into detail about what happened to Ben, which I do believe, just like I do believe that employees of Compass ISS have RPG’s and DSHK’s but while illegal this is understandable. The have to defend convoys that are attacked by RPGs and heavy weapons so it stands to reason that they would want more than an AK-47. It might very well be illegal but I would bet that loads of the PMC’s out there are doing it as a matter of personal safety.

That like I say however that is not the issue I have with the thread, I just simply do not see the evidence to say this is another “fast and furious”. Rather what I see is a thread about a former employee speaking up about the use of illegal weapons and his appalling treatment at the hands of his employer. I see zero evidence that Compass ISS is supplying RPG’s to insurgents

At best this thread only highlights the plight of one employee and that it is possible that with these lapses in security that weapons may end up unintentionally in the hands of the Taliban and other Afghan insurgents.

Also just to clarify something, is this thread to be considered a thread form a ATS member or the ATS website.
edit on 28-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Considering the "war" in Afghanistan ia a Manufactured psywar operation it not one bit surprising that this is going on......
If nobody can see those who persue this illegal military conquest are doing it for
the profit and spread of a western corporate hedgemony that aims to control the entire global finances and
industry then they undoubtedly will succeed......
This really is just a very small story compared to the corruption running rampant in these war zones.....

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

From what I have read.... the Taliban are out of "power".... but still control most of Afghanistan. So much so that they actually collect taxes from certain areas.

That's a commonly believed fallacy.
They have great influence on some southern provinces but do not "control most of Afghanistan" The vast majority of the present Taliban are Pushtun. However, not all Pushtun support the Taliban. But the indigenous Pushtun on both sides of the Afghan and Pakistani border make up the majority of the Taliban. Which is exactly why there have been drone strikes in Pakistan

If you look at the map you can see the Pushtun tribal belt territory straddles the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Kabul is probably safe (relatively) but the Taliban have demonstrated that they can make their presence felt any time they want to. Then we have reports of Taliban infiltration into the Afghan national army... I guess all an infiltrator has to do is trim his long beard and sign up.

This scenario should not be a surprise to anybody who has been paying attention. Infiltration of ranks is as old as warfare itself.

edit on 28-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It's what happens when you privatize war. Nations used to take war seriously. It required logistics, planning, budgeting, and deep moral convictions to decide to engage in warfare, knowing the costs will be in human lives. Now, we have a "war on terror", no one knows who the enemy is (to be sure, they'll feed us daily propaganda to convince us they do), no one knows what the real goal is, it's public money going to private contractors to engage in clandestine warfare of their choosing. Active military units have been sidelines in favor of para-militarized civilians. I suspect the level of atrocities and war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan will never be known.

Should we be upset illegal weapons have been put in the hands of the enemy by this brand of privatized war? Yes. Should we be surprised? No.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum