It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO sightings' in Wellington and Taranaki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
stuff.co.nz

Just saw this mentioned on Teletext, seems we have visitors again for Christmas here in New Zealand

The mysterious object had already disappeared into cloud by the time he got there, but a second one the same as the first travelled past soon after, and he narrowly missed capturing it with his camera.

Velvin said she could understand if people were sceptical about her sighting but declared she was "not a kook". She did not believe in aliens but was frustrated she could not explain the sighting, she said.

"I'm sure you'll get people saying it was shaped like a space ship, but I'm just determined to find someone who saw this thing, I don't know where it came from."

She said she remained open-minded.

"I don't think it's little grey men, but I've always been a believer there's something out there."

Here is the ATS thread about similar sightings early last year in 2011.

UFO sighting makes Headlines in New Zealand

Personally from what I can see based on the timing and the previous sightings id have to go with the Chinese Lanterns set off for the festive season although that would be a rather careless thing to do given the hot summer we have at the mo (although it has been very wet the last 5 or so days). Pitty we cant tell just what 'fast-moving' means with the witnesses account since such things without footage is all just relative (ie ive seen fast satellites that someone who hadnt seen many satellites would describe as slow as sap).

Ill have to keep my eyes out in the evenings here in the upper Waikato and see if i spot anything (might be far to far north to see anything especially if their just Lanterns), although the weather is far from playing ball in that regard.

Most likely a very easily explained spat of sightings but thought id post about it anyway as it might interest someone.

edit on 27-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Video from the OP:

Yes, those look exactly like Chinese lanterns rising up from the ground. No UFO's here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i bet a LARGE number of these UFO sitings
are from our own govt's...

what better way to keep tabs on us and
do some secret testing.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Definitely. Although the 'pilot's sighting seems a little less lantern like, granted just an anonymous account so means little.

A man said he and two other people also saw something strange in the sky above the Wellington suburb of Johnsonville around 10.30pm on Christmas night.
An orange light which appeared to be about 4500 metres above ground, and two to three times more luminous than an aircraft's navigation light, had approached fast from the northwest. Then it went to the left, returned to where he had first seen it, shimmered and disappeared.
During the 15 seconds he watched it, the light moved very fast, the man, who did not want to be named, said.
The unnamed man, who said he was a pilot with about 400 hours flying time, including night flying, he had never seen anything like it before.

Simply made the thread since its a 'sighting' event reported by the media, even if an easily explained one. And another good example of what a false positive looks like.

Edit:-

Originally posted by severdsoul i bet a LARGE number of these UFO sitings are from our own govt's... what better way to keep tabs on us and do some secret testing.

Nooo... well not here in NZ at any rate, simple lanterns thats all, would have been extremely rare in NZ until recently but given how wide spread world wide their use has become in the last few years for celebrations or simple to have a lark when bored. I remember reading something recently about people becoming concerned about their release possibly interfering with low flying aircraft so it seems their use is on the rise here in NZ and could become an issue.

edit on 27-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The video did not show the fast moving lights .
This video is from Paekakariki on the Kapiti Coast not from the lady in the report .
I think if they were lanterns then someone is a dumb ass letting them fly here in summer due to the fire hazard.
edit on 28-12-2012 by pillock because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
------------ EVERYONE PLEASE READ IVE GOT SOME WTFERY HERE....

New guy here cant create a new thread cause im under 20 posts, need to freakn post this somewhere and get some ideas as to wth i saw last night;

4 of us last night witnessed the strangest thing imaginable, this wasnt some ordanary ufo sighting, oh no, ive seen plenty of those in the past... this was much bigger than anything ive ever even heard of. Before any of you ask we used stationary reference points, no drugs were taken, and i (not the others) had 2 beers.

Standing outside Adelaide, Australia about 24 hours ago. (11pm) look up and notice all the stars are moving at the same speed across the sky, from the northen horizion up untill they reached directly above us, where they slowed right down to normal speed.

Ive seen "stars" move on their own before thats nothing crazy but the entire spectrum of stars that i could see was moving alot faster than normal. example: if you were to take a video of the night sky watch some stars move from horizion to directly above you, that video would take half the night... but if you sped that video up so that one star you're watching took 10 minutes to comlete that journey accross the sky, thats how fast they were moving.

I'm not bull#ting we saw this, and to any of you guys fimilar with Val Valerian (matrix series) in the 3rd from the top update on his website trufax.com at the bottom of the home page "events that will occur" a video by Pane Andov is linked
www.youtube.com...
If you skip to 1:04:30 you can see him talking about a crack over Adelaide (my city) which i didnt discover untill last night after we came in by complete acident... i think this is definatly tied in somehow and yeah i dont know what else to say other than wtf..

anyone got any ideas?

top topics

join