It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Brains (Under Construction)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Someone is raising children, and they're not human: check out this.

Do you think they will succeed? What does it all mean? Looks like a James Bond movie set.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
its the end of the world the artificial brains will take over earth and make us their slaves!

yea well anyways it could be a giant step into cloning artificial limbs or whatsoever for people who are paralyzed and such

if the stuff arent organic brains please ignore the second sentence

[edit on 25-10-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
AI brains could be a good thing. It could eventually lead to preserving the mind in the sense.....If the technology could be created to send the brainwaves and Memories to these AI brains then we could effectivaly become immortal, and better ourselfs....:| SCARY THOUGHT

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have a question ... What part of your body would you have to actually replace to become someone else .... say I took Johns ... Front lobe and and took Freds front lobe and switched them woudl they still be the same person or ? Obviously not ... So ... are those people ever those people or just temporarily in those bodies ? If this is the case why is reincarnation so had to believe ?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
To me the brain is still just a vehicle for the mind. So I highly doubt that AI or artificial brains can be used to carry on the mind. There is no one as of yet (that I know of), who's been able to succesfully duplicate a human mind. (which includes the conscious and subconscious minds)

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
To me the brain is still just a vehicle for the mind. So I highly doubt that AI or artificial brains can be used to carry on the mind. There is no one as of yet (that I know of), who's been able to succesfully duplicate a human mind. (which includes the conscious and subconscious minds)

Exactly, Bandit! The conscious. And subconscious. Minds.

Humans have more than one mind.

The hemispheric and vertical separations allow a multiprocessor internal dialogue. That is what is missing in our current neural nets. When we program two AI to accept a common input, discuss it together, agree on a common response and THEN output an answer we will be very, very close to creating an actual artificial brain that will have the ability to initiate inquiry- to dream. I think this breakthrough will happen very soon.

top topics

join