It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lilmehere

Or how obama's daughter attended a school that had 11 armed body guards, but it is too much of a cheap hypocrite to be able to afford half the protection to other schools that are not so privileged. My, my the hypocrisy...I see the queen mary 2 floating on that ocean.

It is really sad most people will never know some occult worshippers planned all these child massacres, much like they planned and executed the adult massacres on 9-11-2001 that lead to constant wars, endless government bureaucracy, endless deficit spending, threats of cutting down on social welfare spending as a result of the phoney war on terror.

Clearly people live in la-la land, and such ignorance is becoming an unbelievably big liability!!
edit on 29/12/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Depends on the person and the type gun really....... I have shot a crackhead who thought it was a good idea to try and rob me with a knife. I had to shoot 3 times before he went down, with my shotgun loaded with pellets, not slugs. I was in an APT at the time, so I didn't think the neighbors would appreciate me using slugs, or my rifle

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Depends on the person and the type gun really....... I have shot a crackhead who thought it was a good idea to try and rob me with a knife. I had to shoot 3 times before he went down, with my shotgun loaded with pellets, not slugs. I was in an APT at the time, so I didn't think the neighbors would appreciate me using slugs, or my rifle

Can you aim properly? Maybe you are cross-wired in that you are right handed with a left dominant eye?

I find it impossible to believe you had to shoot someone three times to bring him down. People have been known to die with a single .22lr pistol shot at the chest. You gotta make the rounds count. And yes people on crack are tougher to stop because they are full of adrenaline.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by habaneroazul

At one time she was the only CCW permit holder in San Francisco and one of the very few in California. She had also carried concealed illegally before the permit was issued.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Good.

Then you agree that people kill people?

You should also agree that people that go and act out violence they learned from TV, Music, and Video Games should be held responsible for their actions not the tools or weapons they used, right?

edit on 29-12-2012 by Timing because:

Absolutely! It is a choice! The means has no effect, on the conscious decision to commit murder. It is merely an afterthought....
No one says, "Hey! I have a gun! I should go kill someone!"
The desire comes first, then the means and then the plan!

As for the knowledge you cite, as a predisposition to murder, that too, is irrelevant, and is not a preface to killing.
If so, all professors of criminal science and all homicide detectives, would "act out [the ]violence" they acquired from their jobs, wouldn't they?

Put another way, recompense should be applied to the individual who failed to control their actions, and physically acted out their illegal thoughts and desires.

You don't ban snow clouds and write laws, telling the mountains how steep they can be after someone dies in an avalanche. And you sure as heck don't punish all of the other mountains that have never received snow, either!!!

It's ridiculous!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Similar to prostitution and gambling, there is a demand for illegal drugs &Guns that will be satisfied by some sector of the marketplace.
The idea behind the permit process is to keep guns out of the wrong hands.
Only those that "qualify" should have guns on the street, so why is it that criminals everywhere have guns if they so choose?
The answer is simple, they pay for them on the black market.
The criminal underworld operates very much on the basis of free enterprise.

Get your training, have your finger prints taken, pay the permit fees, and then wait for the licensed to be issued.

Next, conceal your weapon appropriately and go for a stroll down the street. Imagine that you're a criminal and not a law-abiding citizen.
This will demonstrate to you know just how easy it is for an armed criminal to go about his or her day-to-day business among other law-abiding citizens.

Let's recognize Owning a Gun for what it is - a personal choice and not a crime.
This regulatory burden is indeed a penalty of sorts for being a law-abiding citizen.
Happy Newyear

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have been saying this for almost a year now. The more people wake up and see the world for what it truly is the less power TPTB have. Think about how big the prepper movement is and it is still growing at a alarming pace.

The internet has connected people and ideas spread like wild fire at some point the idea that all of this crap we have seen for the past decades is a lie will spread.

What will it be the economy tipping? Taking away guns? Racial tensions? Political tensions?

We live in very interesting times to say the least.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Sounds like bird shot not buckshot....#4s will still do the job at close range and no limit on crackheads.

edit on 30-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Yes, I can aim properly...... I have taken down 23 deer, 3 moose, I lost count of rabbits and squirrel long time ago.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yeah, was birdshot, not buckshot. Like I said, didn't want to hit neighbors through those tiny walls, if I could hear sex through them, I could probably hit them with buckshot. I have been shot with pellets before, I am no wuss, they still made me stop for a minute.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
some people you just can't reach

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So here the list of specifically-named banned guns BEFORE Feinstein gets through adding to it (please note that the open-ended clause "or duplicates thereof" makes this apply to anything they deem "like it"):

`(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof:

`(i) AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;

`(ii) AR-10;

`(iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or Olympic Arms PCR;

`(iv) AR70;

`(v) Calico Liberty;

`(vi) Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU;

`(vii) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC;

`(viii) Hi-Point Carbine;

`(ix) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, or HK-PSG-1;

`(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;

`(xi) M1 Carbine;

`(xii) Saiga;

`(xiii) SAR-8, SAR-4800;

`(xiv) SKS with detachable magazine;

`(xv) SLG 95;

`(xvi) SLR 95 or 96;

`(xvii) Steyr AUG;

`(xviii) Sturm, Ruger Mini-14;

`(xix) Tavor;

`(xx) Thompson 1927, Thompson M1, or Thompson 1927 Commando; or

`(xxi) Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).

`(B) The following pistols or copies or duplicates thereof:

`(i) Calico M-110;

`(ii) MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3;

`(iii) Olympic Arms OA;

`(iv) TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10; or

`(v) Uzi.

`(C) The following shotguns or copies or duplicates thereof:

`(i) Armscor 30 BG;

`(ii) SPAS 12 or LAW 12;

`(iii) Striker 12; or

`(iv) Streetsweeper.

And then here is the TWO character check that Feinstein will reduce to ONE of any of these:

(D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a threaded barrel;

`(iii) a pistol grip;

`(iv) a forward grip; or

`(v) a barrel shroud.

`(E)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), a semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

`(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

`(F) A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has--

`(i) a second pistol grip;

`(ii) a threaded barrel;

`(iii) a barrel shroud; or

`(iv) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at a location outside of the pistol grip.

`(G) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

`(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip;

`(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

`(iv) a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.

`(I) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

`(J) A frame or receiver that is identical to, or based substantially on the frame or receiver of, a firearm described in any of subparagraphs (A) through (I) or (L).

`(K) A conversion kit.

`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.

Again both (J) and (L) are broadly written and can be applied arbitrarily.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by habaneroazul

At one time she was the only CCW permit holder in San Francisco and one of the very few in California. She had also carried concealed illegally before the permit was issued.

In that case, someone should send her this video:

(This is the 'clean' version)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Look all these gun grabbers and liberals who don't think any private citizen should have a gun have a remarkable flaw in common....no guns for anyone else but not them.
Michael Moore that useless piece of garbage has armed body guards with him at all times, Madonna etc they all come out against guns but yet are surrounded by armed body guards. So it is the same BS no guns for the (little people) but we are special

Obamas daughters have no less than 11 armed secret service agents around them at any time, Fienstein has security as well as private security for members of her family etc
I know some of you will say yes but they are politicians and targets, well so are private citizens...we are targets of robbery, rape, murder etc Amazing how the so called elite have all these ideas but those ideas never apply to themselves

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wonder why Feinstein's email contact link is not functioning?

I wonder???

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And here comes the head interloper...

thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Can you aim properly? Maybe you are cross-wired in that you are right handed with a left dominant eye?

I find it impossible to believe you had to shoot someone three times to bring him down. People have been known to die with a single .22lr pistol shot at the chest. You gotta make the rounds count. And yes people on crack are tougher to stop because they are full of adrenaline.

There was a case in California where a bank robber on PCP was shot multiple times by the police and still was able to fight back. He was fatally shot in the heart but was able to keep shooting for 15+ secs after that fatal shot. One shot can kill someone, but more often than not it takes multiple shots and if someone is on certain drugs they can still fight back after suffering a fatal wound.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
And here comes the head interloper...

thehill.com...

From your source:

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” said Obama in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Bend over America, assume the position... You're gonna get screwed, like it or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

The title of this thread clearly implies civil war related to tighter gun control laws, as well as, the thread starting post by the OP. A civilian grass roots civil war would mean fighting the governments military force; which would be totally a exercise in failure.

I totally agree with you on changing society. In order to have a more peaceful society people need to relearn the art of being social and interacting with each other with the society as a whole in mind. One of the biggest problem in modern America is this idea of `screw everyone else, stay off my grass, I want to help or care about anyone and I don`t want anyone helping me.` I see such thinking out of so many Americans what I wonder why people in America struggle to understand why the nation is so violent and on edge.

Americans, as a whole, need to learn how to work together for the benefit of everyone. It starts with building strong communities and involving more people in the process of living and working together everyday.

edit on 30-12-2012 by freedomwv because: grammar and spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join