It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

My main is a Springfield XD sc 9mm. It holds 16+1 and I do carry it chambered. My backup is a micro desert eagle, 380, holds 10+1 and likewise one in the pipe. I hope I never need either. And if I get to my DE, there's a big problem.

(Sidenote... my hubby, minutes ago, just got threatened at the laundromat- washing mattress pads that are too big for either one of our washing machines at home- while a 4 & 6 year old were standing by his side. The guy threatened to punch him in the face for our 6 year old spilling a soda.)

And no, I don't live in a bad section of town. In fact, we live a very nice suburb, hardly any crime. Soooo...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What about laser blasters and proton torpedoes? They'll have a time getting those!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So because some dimwit in Connecticut screws up, I have to pay for it by baby-proofing my life more. With this reactionary governing, one of these days, a glue gun is going to be illegal. Then only criminals will have them.

Well it looks like the psychos will have to find another tool for ruining lots of lives. How about they try for a job in politics?

What if they just reinvent the weapon and refuse to call it a gun, does it bypass the legalese of the ban? We could call them nugs. I can see it now...

Oh this thing officer? Oh no, it's not a gun, it's a nug. Okay, you have a nice day too.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lilmehere

Yeah. I live in a small town. And am known for being a little crazy, and a touch of an a-hole. Works well for me.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
Damn.... All my firearms were stolen in a break-in.

Well, you did report that to the police right?

Oh my gosh, I can see the other legal perversion on the horizon: gun owner insurance. If you had it you'd have to file a claim for those stolen guns.

So lucky someone stole those guns before you were stuck with the crime.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilmehere

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully

I know it is hard for you but have a think about how the gun loving people of America are perceived from the perspective of people like me & other from around the world.

I cannot understand it, it is not the wild west anymore & i am quite sure the founding fathers would have thought & hoped that the American people had progressed by now, guns are simply a cowards weapon.

We don't care how we are perceived. Perception isn't reality.

I'm not ashamed to admit it: I live in the best country in the entire world. I have freedoms that other people only dream of. I don't care that someone in another country with restricted freedoms doesn't understand the importance of every single one of my freedoms. And, if you want to call that arrogance, so be it. There's a reason people scramble to the US to live.

No country in existence became a country without the use of guns. You call that cowardly, huh?

You don't live in America. You can't understand our culture. Just as I cannot understand why England has a modern-day queen that doesn't do anything and why the British love her so much. I don't get it. I don't get why it's acceptable for the English to have bad teeth. But, hey... that's part of England's history and part of England's culture. Guns are part of my American culture that insure my freedom against tyranny.

You don't have to understand something or agree with it in order to respect it.

Land of the free, i do not think so, it is a myth.

I do not like the Queen & for your information our teeth are no worse than yours, also we do NOT have free dental treatment 99.9% is private dental work that we pay for when we need it.

The problem is that instead of you the people owning the guns the guns now own you.

It seems strange that Americans hold their freedoms & values so highly that they try to diminish those of everyone else.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by charlyv

How about my rights, and the rights of others including children? The right to live in a world that is a little bit safer, and not to be peppered with an automatic or semi-auto with a large clip, just because some idiot is having a bad day.

I am a gun owner. I was in the military.

I was in the military too, and from what you just said, you are not my brother/sister! You joined the military for monetary reasons and you failed to understand your OATH to the Constitution of the United States of America!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!

Honor your Oath!!!!! Your a disgrace to those of us who do still honor our Oath!
edit on 27-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

I joined the military to help defend my country, and how dare you infer that I did it for "monetary reasons". What the hell do you know about me? You want to talk about OATH? Well, here it is. Let's see who's viewpoints are in the spirit of the oath.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Do you see the part that says "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States " ? This is the legislation that he himself is pushing. Further, you are exactly the kind of person that my original post is directed against.

If you think that assault class weapons belong in the public sector, then you are more an enemy to the public, then an ally of the United States. You are the one who is a disgrace to those of us who do still honor our Oath, because you really have forgotten what it really says, and what it really means.
edit on 28-12-2012 by charlyv because: so teed off I cannot spell right.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think it's time The South unites into The Confederate again - and welcomes tons of Northern states that will join over this issue. We have to band together as one to tell the FED - at gunpoint - to lay off OUR U.S. Constitution.

The thing is this is tried almost every year so most people think this will fail again but in light of tragedies/False Flags like the Ct school shootings ( take your pick) these gain ground a little more by citizens who are duped by propaganda. In La. they are turning over their guns in the droves - and getting IOU's or consumer coupons in exchange because La is broke. People need to keep their guns in a safe place not get rid of them. When the SHTF they won't be protected.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

If you can define an "assault class weapon", then you're doing better than some of the top military and law enforcement officials in the U.S. There is no such official term, unless you're here to officiate it.

And your oath includes a commitment...no...an OBLIGATION....to only obey lawful orders and to disobey unlawful orders. So if you have interpreted your oath to blindly do whatever some nut-job anti-American asswipe in the White House tells you, you are in breach of your military obligations.

And I'm okay with pointing that out to you, by the way.
edit on 12-28-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Land of the free, i do not think so, it is a myth.

I do not like the Queen & for your information our teeth are no worse than yours, also we do NOT have free dental treatment 99.9% is private dental work that we pay for when we need it.

The problem is that instead of you the people owning the guns the guns now own you.

It seems strange that Americans hold their freedoms & values so highly that they try to diminish those of everyone else.

I'm sorry. I must have mistaken - I thought you were belittling the reason I have my freedoms (and the reason you have yours)

I'm not diminishing your freedoms- I simply know what mine were founded upon and what I've been guaranteed. Those concepts are foreign to foreigners. I can't expect you to understand them, but is it so wrong for me to want you to respect them?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

While you're at the store, will you grab me one too?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

And I'm okay with pointing that out to you, by the way.

And I'm okay with giving you a star for an excellent post!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

The public doesn't own any military class weapons (at least without a very expensive license).
As someone who was apparently in the military, you should know this, so that casts doubt.

A semi auto bushmaster AR is NOT an "assault" weapon. It is a sporting rifle. It is no more capable of rapid fire than any 9mm semi auto pistol. Large magazines don't make a weapon an assault rifle. They are just a result of a particular type of loading system.

If you think that making auto loading rifles available to the public makes one an enemy to the country, than you are delusional.

An assualt rifle is a rifle that has the option to switch between semi-auto and full auto and has multiple assault weapon features. The public does not have access to these kinds of weapons.
edit on 28-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I think it's time The South unites into The Confederate again - and welcomes tons of Northern states that will join over this issue. We have to band together as one to tell the FED - at gunpoint - to lay off OUR U.S. Constitution.

The thing is this is tried almost every year so most people think this will fail again but in light of tragedies/False Flags like the Ct school shootings ( take your pick) these gain ground a little more by citizens who are duped by propaganda. In La. they are turning over their guns in the droves - and getting IOU's or consumer coupons in exchange because La is broke. People need to keep their guns in a safe place not get rid of them. When the SHTF they won't be protected.

As much as I would like to see the South rise again, I don't see how it's possible. I would think the feds would stop all transportation going to these states. I believe millions would starve.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

So you are saying that you are confident that you can protect your family with what you have now against whatever weapon the U.N. has? Is that what I should take away from your statement?

Think about what you just said. If a conflict , for who knows what reason, ever arose that would require me to defend against the U.N. forces, do you think it would matter much what kind of weapons I had in my house? Perhaps I could live an extra 10 seconds.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Did you see the rebuttal to the journalists mapping the gun owners?

Link

I thought it was very creative...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The public doesn't own any military class weapons (at least without a very expensive license).
As someone who was apparently in the military, you should know this, so that casts doubt.

Well, I know you have seen the TV show, Sons of Guns, and most of their featured weapons are class III and most were sold to the "public". Yes, they require the tax stamp, but it's not that big of a deal. It's just time-consuming, and relatively expensive.

A semi auto bushmaster AR is NOT an "assault" weapon. It is a sporting rifle. It is no more capable of rapid fire than any 9mm semi auto pistol. Large magazines don't make a weapon an assault rifle. They are just a result of a particular type of loading system.

This is true. MSR's, or Modern Sporting Rifles have become much more prevalent as a hunting rifle. Mainly because of the weight benefit and their modularity, for ease in changing calibers. As well as their overall size, which makes them an excellent brush gun. Much of the same qualities, of the lever gun of yester-year, with obvious improvements and advancements indicative of progress.

What people need to understand is that magazine capacity is NOT something determined by how lethal a designer wants their weapon to be! It is simply determined by the size of the ammo vs. the size of the weapon.

A 1911-A1 typically holds 8 rounds (7+1) of .45 ACP in a single stack magazine that fits into the grip area of the weapon. Whereas a Kel-tec PMR-30, which is very similar in size to a 1911, holds 31 rounds (30+1) of .22 WMR, in a doublestack (staggered) mag-well placed magazine, also...And these are BOTH pistols!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by Andromerius

I stated that you live in a dream land, because if you feel you can just leave your windows and doors unlocked without consequence you are surely "dreaming". No contradiction at all. We have a serious methhead problem here in Oregon, and they will not hesitate to kill you over 10 dollars. You gave up your firearms, fine. Don't tell us to give up ours.

edit on 12/28/12 by VikingWarlord because: (no reason given)

But that is exactly what i meant by having issues to deal with that have nothing to do with guns.
If you have a serious meth problem then that needs to be addressed first so you do not have to live in fear of some methhead killing you right? If all this issues that you live in fear off are sorted, there will be no need to have guns.
Obviously, it will be difficult to completely eradicate all this issues, but a compromise can be reached where the impact on society is negligible and though almost invisible.
edit on 28/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

What about people like myself and my kids who enjoy the time spent together killing paper targets and seeing who is a better shot? Just because you can kill someone with a gun doesn't mean thats all their used for. And all your hippy peace loving crap will never work in this world, unless you figure out how to get rid of greed, and the people obsessed with power. Just another question for you, How many times have you written the governments of the world and demanded they put down their guns? I mean it's that easy right, easy for them to do, easy for the common person to do. Like others have stated you and many people like yourself live in another world, where you have to have it all your way, well guess what there are gonna be a lot of people like myself standing in your way.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

Did you see the rebuttal to the journalists mapping the gun owners?

Link

I thought it was very creative...

Here is the most important text from your link...And why quick to react liberals should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, if not charged with some crime, for such self-absorbed, thoughtless, hey-look-at-me, acts...

I’ve received emails from abused women who were under protective order and in hiding, and they’re terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map,”

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elmrich

Yeah, unfortunately they would. Because all the states that he cut transport off to....they have the food. Try eating a sidewalk.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join