It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Walking Dead fans out there? Can't wait for season 2 of the game...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have to say the Walking Dead game is the greatest =)

I can't bring myself to play it again right now(because the ending broke my heart lol) I am taking a break from it playing Uncharted 3. I didn't know I would like it, but its awesome too. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agatha

Yea, Lee dying pissed me off. Who are we going to play as in season 2, clementine? That wont be any fun.
I also think that they need a new strategy for releasing the episodes, maybe create them in advance and release them all at once. Sucks having to wait 6 weeks between episodes.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread I'm just starting chapter 5 and I now know that Lee dies...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Great game btw.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread I'm just starting chapter 5 and I now know that Lee dies...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Great game btw.

Oops, sorry man. Wasnt thinking

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Yeah I know! I was so mad LOL I kept rewinding over and over. I tried to see maybe I could change it. Maybe they'll add flash backs of Lee and Clem in the s2. I dn who we are going to be now
I loved it still, though I cried like a baby haha

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

LOL sorry, you know they always have to end it with a bang. I hate that so much.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agatha

Im also disappointed that I have to wait till Feb 15th to start the second half of season 3 of TWD show.. Why do they have to split up the season like that? Bastards

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I love the show, but the game that is out currently is nothing more than a glorified "Choose your own adventure" game to me..

I'm REALLY looking forward to the new game next year called "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct" because it's more of a game where you can wander around and explorer than the current game... This game is also based on the television series.

Wiki: Click

I also play War Z but it's overrun with cheaters and bandits .. Day Z is decent but a bit more complicated.. and then there is Dead Island with the George Romero mod .. large maps, great graphics.. but you can only have 4 players per game.

edit on 12/27/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

me too

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Hmmm I will definitely check that out.
I have to say some scenes in this game scared me. Walking through the herd of Walkers
...guys don't read if you don't want to know more haha

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I love the show, but the game that is out currently is nothing more than a glorified "Choose your own adventure" game to me..

Yea, its more of a "story" than it is a game and honestly the choices you make, really dont change the over all outcome that much, maybe temporarily but in the end, it doesnt.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agatha

I have to say some scenes in this game scared me. Walking through the herd of Walkers

Yeah, I love being creeped out in games .. War Z is creepy but the experience is ruined... Dead Island is a lot of fun but the zombies run and I'm a classic zombie lover so there is a free mod called the George Romero mod that makes them fit the classic rules.. they lumber at you for the most part ( some do still run ) and unless you take them out with a head shot of some kind they will get right back up .. It's quest based and exploration based..

Day Z is a lot like War Z .. in fact most people would say War Z is a rip off .. Fun to have them all in your collection =) War Z is an MMO.. with no monthly subscription frees, tons of players online

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agatha

I will say this.. one of the scariest moments in a game was War Z when I was exploring a town looking for food and water ( you die if you starve ) .. Zombies are triggered by sounds and other zombies.. so I was left to starve to death on top of a car surrounded by the undead in a map that's nearly as large as the entire state of Colorado ( it's called Colorado in fact ) .. Free to go anywhere you please, do anything you want.. no quests .. the game is to see how long you can survive.. your survival time is your score. =)

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Wow that sounds scary, I will remember that
I love games like that too. Movies as well lol. 28 days later is the most terrifying to me. And the other version of that. Seen lots of horrors - horror games. Silent Hill games are good too. SCARY. War Z sounds interesting.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Nice! didn't realize they where making a part 2.
I can understand the criticism of it being a choose your own adventure style game, but at least they didn't completely neuter it like with the Jurassic park game. You where literally just pushing buttons at the correct time to advance the story with very minimal problem solving. I defiantly want to try the Romero mode on dead island, but the running zombies create the atmosphere of anxiety.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Come on, no spoilers please. I finished it too, and was heartbroke too. Loved it! Comics are the best, then you have the game, and then on third place there is the series!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

LOL I know! I hate that soo much. They know we'd wait anyhow. Bc the show is awesome

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Great game btw.

Goddamnit, I also read that exact part. Lmfao.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Played DEAD ISLAND - WOW great game. Can't wait for Riptide =) Also want to play The Last of Us, The Walking Dead 2, The Walking Dead Survival Instincts and what ever else =) Love Dead Space too. Watch my bros play it

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm so excited for the next season, and read something about some content to tide us over. Such a great game, I actually teared up a bit at the end.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join