It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosquito Hamburgers, How's That For A Table Turner?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
On the one hand points for enterprise! If it keeps your children from starving, good for you. On the other hand, the ick factor, for me personally is off the charts. I eat a medium steak so I am the definition of hypocricy here, but I would not eat blood sausage, I guess I like my blood warm, but not congealed. 'gags'

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Hee hee, yes keep meh blood for consumption non congealed please! I bet these skeeter burgers do not have a horrible and putrid taste, probably just a burnt, nutty flavor maybe? But yea I would not want to detect any blood flavor in those burgers.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Having accidentally bitten down on a skeeter that flew into my mouth, I recall a sour taste.
I'll never forget it, especially now!
So in my head, I can't help but think of these as sour crunch burgers.

and oh yeah:
You want Flies with that?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

No flies please.

I just wonder if, like so many things, the patties taste like chicken? Sour is probably more accurate, but I am not a connoisseur of bug flavors and their varieties, so...
I would try a small bite just out of curiosity, would you?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I probably would have a little taste.
It looked like in the video they were cooking with water. I think I'd feel more secure if my little taste was cooked in some oil, to get a higher temperature going.

It's so weird, that since you posted that video,, the memories of that taste have flooded back into my mind.
It wasn't really a nasty taste, but I knew it was the mosquito that had been buzzing my ear for about 20 minutes.
Had to peel the remnants off my back teeth to see what it was. I wasn't about to swallow the whole thing, even though it was tiny.

Enter your Post. I see a pile so big you can make burgers. Made me pucker...LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join