It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger publishes names, addresses of newspaper staff after gun-permit database

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It looks like the goal here was to put some political pressure, social pressure on these gun owners. Thats were it gets evil. Its clear that the folks at this NP want to let everyone know were the bad guys live....those sick and twisted gun owners. Smart libs know that this was a mistake and are trying to slowly back out, cover azz.

Just think of the outrage if lists of people with aids were published.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The First Amendment cuts both ways. Those who use it to further their own political agendas should not cry foul when it is used against them in a similar manner.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

Unfortunately, the names and addresses of the permit owners were published to harass them. While I don't necessarily believe in "an eye for an eye", I believe this harassment is wrong. The current government has every intention of stripping our 2nd amendment rights and they are doing it in tiny increments (and undercover) so that no one notices and fights back. It's the answer to the old question - how do you boil a frog? Put the frog in cold water and slowly turn up the heat - the frog doesn't notice, but after awhile, the frog is in real trouble. The newspaper published the permit owners' names because they are upset about the CT school shooting. What "they" don't understand is that the gun wasn't the problem - a very angry child was the problem. This whole issue should be about lazy parenting and not gun violence. Thank you for a place to voice an opinion.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blacko
The First Amendment cuts both ways. Those who use it to further their own political agendas should not cry foul when it is used against them in a similar manner.

I get the idea that in their selfright crusading mindset this idea never crossed their minds. They thought they had the moral high ground.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
First, what will this mean for all those zombie apocalypse preppers who planned to bug in? Or more seriously, any prepper who bugs in for any reason? Wouldn't they then be sitting ducks? Then there's the correspondence issue:

Thieves like to rob rich people.
Media personalities tend to earn more than poor people.
There are two lists: the armed, and the media.
If the media list does not overlap the armed list, then the media is unarmed.

So now you have a list of people who are both unarmed, and potentially rich in the eyes of a thief.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I thought it was wrong when the media published the addresses of the firearm owners and I think it is wrong the other way around.

They should have held the high ground and not sunk into the muck. All this does is cause more trouble. It seems everyone is morally bankrupt on both sides. It is very typical of the world we live in today. You attack me so I will attack you and it will go on for ever.

The problem with holding the 'high ground' is that the original idiots consider it a license to continue with their invasion of privacy. If 'they' see no retaliation, it appears to be OK..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by caranw

Firstly, this information was not public, it was obtained through a FOIA, that means they had to go to court in order to obtain it. Secondly, this is EXACTLY what criminals want, now they know exactly which houses to hit when they are looking for new guns to steal. This is pretty much giving the bad guys a list of free gun cache's to steal from whenever they wish. All they have to do is come to the door posing as a vacation sale's man, and ask the people "if they plan on going on vacation any time soon" (from Home Alone I believe). There is also plenty of other ways to determine when the inhabitants will be out, and the weaponry can be stolen.

Lastly, sure the abusive ex husbands might find the houses anyways, but this is going to make their job a hell of a-lot easier, now these women need to go through all the trouble of finding a new residence. Which in this day, and age, is not easy. Will these newspaper staff be liable if this misuses of information results in theft, abuse, murder? Who will hold them accountable for their actions, if not the people themselves?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What's the blogger's name and address?

Or is he just yet another nasty hypocrit?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

But you could still seek retribution without stooping to their level. Why not enact a class action lawsuit against the paper? Or how about organizing a boycott of the paper they print? There are many ways to go about getting back at these yahoos without endangering their lives and their family's lives.

No.

A lawsuit or boycott only punishes the corporation of the paper. The publishers and writers on the staff of this paper made a personal decision to put the lives of gun owners and their families at risk. The people who did this need to have their persons and family placed in danger in the same manner they put other families in that same danger.

No more hiding personal responsibility behind a corporation and no, it's NOT just business.

It is real people's real lives and that ALWAYS trumps a business greed.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Op did not post the actual link for the blog mentioned...here it is if you want to see the real deal and not just a story about it:

christopherfountain.wordpress.com...

Cheers!
edit on 29-12-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, looks like that newspaper is going to post more and more names:

news.yahoo.com...

I highly recommend that people that are concerned about this should find out who advertises with that newspaper, contact them with your disgust that their practices and you will no longer buy from them as long as they do business with that paper.

Hit them in the wallet.

edit on 29-12-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com... yeah they are gonna post more names,if you read the comments and go down far enough they post the names and addresses of most of the staff of the paper and whatnot wont post them here as pretty sure thats against t and c.

so i think this is gonna keep escalating for a while and dont think we have heard the last about this situation

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
She has put in jeopardy her own self. She has the money to hire armed guards.........most people don't! I have to say, now she can feel what others feel......in fear for their lives, that is the poetic justice in all of this.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Karma's a bitch, is it not? Putting the lives of those who lawfully own firearms because you have some personal probably idiotic fear of firearms deserves at minimum the same treatment back. I don't want anyone on either side to be injured but just to feel the emotional stress that the gun owners probably felt.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
are you all moronically insane?

"Miss Royle’s married name is Lambert,” Fountain wrote. “She lives in White Plains and here is her Facebook page complete with pictures of her and her kids. Hello Sanctimony.”

yes, lets cheer and applaud this stupid act. We've now given pi$$ed off gun owners the addresses so they can take their own revenge. Lets hope none of them are psycopathic gun nuts.. afterall these are a rare in the US, right?

two wrongs dont make a right and im a little dissapointed in people on this board now!

edit on 8-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.newrochelletalk.com...
Payback and all that.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
NRA Publishes List of Gun Control Advocates

Unions, celebrities, advocacy groups, writers and newspapers all made the list.

After the Journal News published the names and addresses of more than 33,000 legal handgun permit holders, making families, homes and neighborhoods vulnerable to theft and assault, the National Rifle Association decided to hit back. If the intent of the newspaper was to shame those with gun permits living in their community, the NRA has upped the game by publishing the names of gun control advocates all over the country. Many of the names on the list are companies, organizations and individuals that are guarded by armed security.

www.conservativedailynews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join