It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New smart phone app sees through clothes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm assuming that this is fake but then again its not as though the images are crystal clear. The people are somewhat pixelated.

Wouldnt it be possible for an app to approximate a person's shape based on their outer contours?

In order to fake this, wouldnt the people and corresponding scenes on the phone have to be scripted and preplanned?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Looks to me like it simply animates the people in front of the camera. Once animated it can simulate them being nude, but it can't see through clothes.....

Although fake, I still think that's pretty cool.
edit on 27-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I loled but it has to be fake....why? because it can see thru clothes but not a watchstrap?.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What is the app for us who can't watch the video?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not only that but there is nobody walking by at first, then he gets app up, then all of a sudden people everywhere. All he did was film them once naked, then the exact same way clothed.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Fake app...well, more like misleading. I would have sold a kidney back in high school for something that worked as displayed in the video. I'd like to believe I've "evolved" since then, but....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
To see through people's clothes you need the technology they use at the airports for full-body scan. It uses terahertz part of the spectrum. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Throw this in the full of crap..err I mean the hoax bin.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
WTH!
Is this the new age peeping tom? Perverts would have a field day if something like this becomes real. Lol at the X Files theme.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ah, technology! It used to be there were ads in the back of comic books for magic glases that saw through clothes. I wonder how many teen age boys sent in their $3.00 in anticipation of finally seeing the next door neighbor, Mary Jane, in the buff.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I remember those ads for "x-ray" glasses. Let me assure you, teenage boys were not the only ones buying them. My uncle sent away for a pair, quite eagerly I might add, only to have his inner pervert emotionally crushed by the poor results.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
on the phone there are no strong sunlight areas, the regular scene has sunlight on the ground. Fake

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This bs is cgi.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Great App in South Beach Miami...not so great in Lower Alabama

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Lol I totally dig what you're saying and it so true!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ahh...
What a great time to be a pervy!

PS: I have to admit, as other poster did earlier, had this existed when I was in HS I would have sold my soul to Macgyver to have one of them peepie-apps.
edit on 27/12/2012 by drakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

so the f'd up part is that this just goes to show how a live feed through a digital computer can be manipulated, i wonder how many digital cameras the main stream media has?
edit on 27-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

What is it with these x-ray glasses that they never can see through shoes,...

I like feet..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This brings a new era to video taping cops lol sorry had to say it

new topics

top topics

join