It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remnants of a Lost World...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by will2learn

We do have companies which we do business with that uses laser etchings. The lasers used on those are pretty weak. They only score the polished surface of the stone. You can hardly feel it when you pass your hand over the art work, but it is picture perfect. It's a very good and inexpensive process for interior decorative pieces. But I don't know if you could actually cut through the stone with current technology though. We do our etchings by hand. It yields a better result and the art work last longer when exposed to the elements.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by will2learn

We do have companies which we do business with that uses laser etchings. The lasers used on those are pretty weak. They only score the polished surface of the stone. You can hardly feel it when you pass your hand over the art work, but it is picture perfect. It's a very good and inexpensive process for interior decorative pieces. But I don't know if you could actually cut through the stone with current technology though. We do our etchings by hand. It yields a better result and the art work last longer when exposed to the elements.

XL

that is true about the durability, but that is due to the need for speed in the process. The laser etchers just want the photo in the stone and out the door. They do not care if it only lasts a few decades. Repassing weak lasers over the same spot or a more potent laser will have the effect you are looking for. I have seen lasers go thru the stones after multiple passes. Admittedly the tool was made by a physicist but I asume industry does a better job

Will

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Has anyone ever done a history of the geology that determines the elevation at these sites?

Is is possible that when these high elevation sites were built they were at much lower elevations?

There are seafloor fossils found in the peaks of the Rockies, and whale bones found in the plains on Peru at high elevations.

Could they be so old that they were once near sea level?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Amazing thread. This is becoming highly addictive. If you would start charging money for the next parts , i'd seriously consider to pay you. A little teaser what the next part will be about?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think certainly, there have been people on earth much longer than the story do today. Taking the Grand Canyon crater and see its depth, then the discount would have been enormous and devastating. Could it not have lived people at this time? If we assume that the earth has been in millions of years, and looking into the past 300 years, it is naive not to believe that, there lived humans before us with high intilligens and scientific modern technology.

-HH

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join