Remnants of a Lost World...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Much thanks, much to absorb, as it's still one of my fav places! Nice presentation of information...images.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well with that I'll wrap this thread up.

I'll be posting Part 2 most likely sometime after the New Years.
So until then

Stay frosty......

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great thread Slayer.
To me it seems obvious that all the similarities world wide in megalithic sites point to a common origin.
Looking forward to the next two parts.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Hello, Slayer, I thank you for the invitation to this wonderful thread and I am so sorry local circumstances prevented a timely presence. even now I've not yet had an opportunity to watch the video of Mr. Childress and the thread's ended. Sigh.

I also thank you for your usual fabulous presentation and intriguing ideas which as usual are right up my alley.

This thread which I've just finished reading the replies has excited me because the Sacsayhuamán site is new to me and the photo of the obviously upside down chunk of wall and stairway is quite frankly jaw dropping. I mean, really! Now the story of a massive underground installation having been blown to smithereens would normally be pretty cool but just a story... that picture... that chunk... I dare say goes a long way to jacking that story up a few notches on the credibility scale. Really. As others noted I don't see any evidence of a volcano or other whim of Mother Nature's doings... and so, I can only ask, as you do... what did that?!

I've tended to agree with the theories proposed in your threads for quite some time, and this is another case of that. The build patterns noted are pretty obvious. I too am of the opinion that humankind is humankind and we've been around a couple hundred thousand years or more... I simply cannot accept that we've been asleep for all but the last 20 or so thousand of those. Please.

And as has been noted, I would agree that those who came before must have existed at a level of being that we can hardly comprehend on so many levels.

Peace to you, my friend, and thank you, very much,

Pixel

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wonderful thread. When I saw this I HAD to join ATS
Thanks!!

I believe that these place have a very spiritual nature. I don't believe that the people who built them were warlike in any way. I don't see forts/castles or armouries just places which venerate the stones around which they were built. Take this place for example -

ñaupa Iglesia, or 'Church of the Ancient'

www.youtube.com...

Can you imagine what that looked like before it was damaged with dynamite? Mindblowing! And certainly spiritual in nature

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Nice thread Slayer as usual... S+F a very interesting read and loved the video.
It sparked a question,"What,when and when did this Vitrification take place"... to which I decided to search the net for Ancient Vitrified Ruins...... I'd list them but it would turn out to be a bigger post than your original OP... They are everywhere North and South America, England, Ireland, Scotland, Turkey, France, Iran.... In fact they are absolutely everywhere on Earth. Remnants from an Ancient Atomic War, Solar Flares or Super Volcanoes
It would be interesting to find the date at which point they were all vitrified, be it one event or a series of events throughout history.
edit on 31-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
To date, this has been the most informational and enjoyable post I've seen on ATS. I honestly had no idea the Ancient Civilizations forums existed, and this has absolutely made my day. This is truly a life's passion of mine, and seeing other people as interested as I am, has really brightened the coming year! Cheers, Slayer69! (I hope that's an actual reference to the band.)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Huayna Picchu is the large mountain which towers over Machu Picchu. At the base of the mountain we find what’s been called The Temple of the Moon. This name was obviously applied much later than when it was built so it is meaningless really. Made from white granite it really is a beautiful sacred place. We’re also told that this was a place where mummies were displayed but I personally find this very hard to believe as the niches are only around 4 ft high and there’s only 5 of them. Maybe the Inca did display mummies in them but the Inca didn’t build them and that’s not their original purpose. What that purpose is I have no idea at this stage. Needless to say what a beautiful amazing structure this is! Enjoy!

Huayna Picchu

The Temple of the Moon -

Interior with people for scale -

Detail from afar -

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Great Thread Slayer!

Love the topic. I didn't read all the replies because my head is still spinning from yesterday but i just wanted to mention Brian Foerster. He has done many unedited open minded reports on the subject you are dealing with.

Here is an example: BRIAN FOERSTER

Make sure you watch his 'saw-cut' video, it's in there somewhere, i just couldn't find it cause of the headspinning.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Very interesting thread Slayer. Thanks. Being a tombstone designer, I can tell you the kind of work being done on those stone is extraordinary. I mostly work with granit which is one of the hardest stone to work with not counting diorite. We use sand blast and diamond tip tools and it no easy task. There are lots of questions I asked myself conserning the stone work but unfotunatly I havent been able to come up with an answer.

I once heard a story of this cowoy who's horse died and had to walk home. He crossed a feild and when he came out the other side his spirs looked like they had melted or had been disolved in some way. Now, he investigated and found the plants in that field were used by birds to borrow holes in the rock face so they could nest. They would grind the plants in there beaks and rub it against the stone.

HERE is a PDF of what Pre-Incans use plants to chemicly shape stones for trinkets and figurines. What if they cultivated this plant on an industrial level and was a common accurance back in the day.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

You may be referring to a book by an author named Maxwell Igan.

Were stones softened to build Peru's ancient structures?

Can you imagine the benefits as well as the Pandora's Box that would be opened if there was such an elixir?

edit on 2-1-2013 by Chronon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

XLR

do you ever use the laser etching techniques on granite. Photographs can be place in stone with a relatively weak beam, pass over the same line enough times and the stones can be cut too.

Will

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

What I see could be a huge smelter.

Although we may no longer see a huge circular tower, there are the remnants.
Each level of liquid rock or ore would have it’s own level. Each level would have it’s own siphon and holding area.

Finally, the slag would perhaps exit out the side down the rear of the of the complex. Notice the alluvial fan in the lower right side. of the photo.

Additionally, it would be interesting if radioactive isotopes could be found there as well. SnF Slayer.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You know that thought crossed my mind. The original tower located on that spot could have been the crucible used for purification of the gold ore and then it would pour out along that stone conduit.

edit on 2-1-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronon
reply to post by lonegurkha

You may be referring to a book by an author named Maxwell Igan.

Were stones softened to build Peru's ancient structures?

Can you imagine the benefits as well as the Pandora's Box that would be opened if there was such an elixir?

edit on 2-1-2013 by Chronon because: (no reason given)

That is indeed the account that I read so many years ago,thank you for that link. I will read the whole thing later today as I have to go out today.As soon as I started reading the link I realized that this is indeed the account that I was referring to. Thanks so much for this post. I really appreciate it.

This would indeed open a pandoras box if it were rediscovered.More evidence of a forgotton technology the ancients used that we do not.As I said in one of my posts here the ancient peoples lived much closer to their envionment than we do and would have known of these things in their natural world.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think that the "advanced civilization" that built these sites mentioned is recorded in history. You can list the civilizations of the olmecs aztecs, mayans, incas, egyptians, sumerians, and so on. Before all these nations arose, the Bible says there was a people unified by one language and led by a leader who's building spree culimated in a direct affront to the throne of God in the tower of Babel effort. I'm thinking that it was this world ruler, king Nimrod, who enacted all the megalithic building site stonework that cannot be explained. He had access to the pre-flood knowledge and technology. It didn't last long as that same knowledge and tech was scattered & lost along with the confusion of the languages that occured at the tower of Babel.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cruff
Back to Ollyantaytambo - what has me (and others I suspect) baffled is what the heck are the little stone parts that jut out. Were they originally small ledges or something or were they attached to something else?

What about this 1 (YANGSHAN STONE TABLET)

Again those knobs/stones sticking out!
I was thinking maybe once they where like carved heads sticking out but eroded by time making them look like only some ''knobs sticking out''.
But of course wild guess.

More about the stone tablets here:
geolines.ru...

(Probaly very ancient (as well) and not so recent as the official story being told)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin

Originally posted by Cruff
Back to Ollyantaytambo - what has me (and others I suspect) baffled is what the heck are the little stone parts that jut out. Were they originally small ledges or something or were they attached to something else?

What about this 1 (YANGSHAN STONE TABLET)

Again those knobs/stones sticking out!
I was thinking maybe once they where like carved heads sticking out but eroded by time making them look like only some ''knobs sticking out''.
But of course wild guess.

More about the stone tablets here:
geolines.ru...

(Probaly very ancient (as well) and not so recent as the official story being told)

WOW! Not seen that before. That site is crazy! Thanks
Just checked out some more photo from there pretty off the charts very skillful stone work and again for what reason?!?!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What a great thread Slayer, you always impress and bring good topics that have meat to still pick over (like one user mentioned, your topics have meat, i agree) SnF sir.

About 12 yrs ago I had a video game contract working on an educational walk thru of Machu Picchu as a texture and asset artist. I had very little knowledge of the Incas previously, but after doing weeks of research the whole history of Peru and Incans became a huge interest. The ability of craft these people had was outstanding and beyond what is currently being displayed in stone masonry. I have little knowledge of Ollantaytambo but find fascinating as usual. Some of the theories I'm hearing on this thread about how they made this structure has got my interest, like the stone melting juice (hey plants are powerful too), or granite concrete (maybe doesn't require heat or chemicals, just sound?), or odd shaped blocks to prevent synchronous vibrations? All very odd sounding but I'll wrap my head around them for a minute. I like this kind of exercise.

Recently watched a few vids (some with Childress in them, his voice kind of gets to me after awhile) about Tiwanaku and that place gets even crazier in that the same huge sized blocks with very smooth surfaces are not only cookie cutter dimensions (assembly line maybe? all identical and precise?) and megalithic proportions, but show weird "liquified" characteristics in the large drill holes in some of the blocks. I'm sure you are already planning a thread on that site so I'll get back to the specific topic.

The large angular tumbled block everybody keeps pondering over looks to me like a huge chunk of a carved grand staircase that was broken off and tossed like a rag by some huge cataclysm? In most of the the Incan structures I've researched the main features are gigantic walls meant to last, doorways and windows in very purposeful places, but always lots of roads and staircases, especially in sacred places thought to be temples. It always seems as if they funnel the traffic through specific doorways and portals, up or down giant staircases. It all feels like a huge palace in most of the ancient sites with these similar features. When researching Machu Picchu the most odd part of the whole place was the temple of the sun, which had odd tracks and grooves, and weird stairs and insets placed into it. Honestly one of the weirdest, oddly organic structures that reeks of a higher purpose, whether real or superstitious I do not know.

Someone mentioned that they believed there might have been a one world government in the distant past, well one of the vids I watched talked about a bowl discovered (Fuente Magna from Bolivia) with traditional motifs but also what appears to be a crude version of cuneiform (Sumerian writing), this might be some connection possibly.
Link
Also there's the uncanny similarities in interlocking stonework designs between Easter Island, Egypt and Peru. I find it interesting to say the least. Also there's the connection with mummification that was done in China, Egypt and Canary Islands as well as by our ancient South Americans.

I'm looking forward to more of these threads Slayer, and I want to say that currently, with all these powderkeg topics like the mass shootings and such, I'm really glad to see more "thinking" and less "drama" threads, such as this one.

Everybody keep up the good work on this insanely cool thread, i'll add what I can

edit on 4-1-2013 by Aliquandro because: cuz i can

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Firstly, Slayer, your threads are bang on the topic that intrigues me more than any other. I am relatively new to pretty much all of this thinking, and so, with the help of threads like this, playing catch-up. Many who comment on these topics and threads have much more knowledge on the subjects explored. But, as I've become hooked on these thoughts and ideas, and in turn dug deeper and deeper, the more it's all made sense. I am now in no doubt that there were ancient civilisations, or a single civilisation preceding the Incas, and other megalithic builders...I really hope that we slowly begin to uncover the truths, and evidence. We keep chipping away, I just pray that the thousands of questions I have in my head begin to be answered.
Fascinating thread, as always...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join