It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remnants of a Lost World...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I am envious...you are the master thread layer slayer...you are the stone builder's of ATS...along with a few other highly skilled architects...since this is your thread I will refrain

I am always amazed at the construction of ancient sights, we can never understand how these things were built, chisels and pulleys? I am not buying it...there is something completely mystical about all of them....300 ton slabs of granite lifted onto 600 ton slabs and often times in places that have no business having these any where near them to begin with. I have seen many of these pictures before and I am always in awe.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

How were these ancient master builders able to fit large blocks of stone together so precisely wihtout gaps? My theory is that they looked for natural stone slopes or rock which had been fractures by earth seismic activity. They would then quarry rocks aroound the fracture line which has a sloping edge. The fracture line can go very deep into rock. Fitting the quarried stones back togther will then allow achieving a perfect symtery fit.

Look at something carefully enough there will be hints at how it was done.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

How were these ancient master builders able to fit large blocks of stone together so precisely wihtout gaps? My theory is that they looked for natural stone slopes or rock which had been fractures by earth seismic activity. They would then quarry rocks aroound the fracture line which has a sloping edge. The fracture line can go very deep into rock. Fitting the quarried stones back togther will then allow achieving a perfect symtery fit.

Look at something carefully enough there will be hints at how it was done.

oh well that explains it...I can stop being in awe now.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Some of those pictures look like irrigation systems,
others like fountains, others like I don't know.
Some trace of agriculture has to exist,
after all, how many houndreds of thousands of people
lived in those areas before huh? Had to feed em somehow,
this means they had to have some kind of workable agriculture,
irrigation systems included, what better than rocks?
Aquaducts worked well for the romans.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Reading through the thread I see that this was probably a site where a younger civilization came across these ruins and filled in the pieces. Before I read that I was thinking that maybe the culture was devastated by natural disaster and the smaller stones would be what was left trying to save what was left of their culture.

Also while thinking about how to get such intricate joints and flat faced stone I was thinking if you had the right tools instead of carving the whole stone you would hammer a bunch of holes in series along a fault in the stone creating a line of sorts, then you get a wedge and shear the face of the stone off. Then you have workers come along and pretty everything up.

Either way, another informative thread. Looking forward to the next two installments.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Great thread as always, Slayer. I think it's high time you get a job with National Geographic or something similar.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
how excellent to have a group of people like here at ATS.....
I'm all into this evidence and long ago reached the conclusion.....that allows for all the historical finds.

shouldn't we have seen these sites on televsion documentaries or shows that take video of the great outdoors....like wild america from twentyfive years ago. That's my final misgivings....who is hiding all this from us
the Giants...I mentioned I'm an old timer on the subject of out of place artifacts...I live near` dallas....home of the famous but kept hidden "rockwall texas"....a town that got it's name from the .....get this.....3 mile by five friggin mile rectangle structure buried just one foot below ground level....windows and large diameter pipe penetrations are found....photographed....and forgotten.....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

It's funny you mentioned Rome.

The Incas are called the Roman Empire of the new world.
They like the Romans built thousands of miles of roads, built aqueducts, and had an outstanding understanding of construction engineering and conquered all their neighbors which they also like the Romans absorbed into their empire.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

S&F for another excellent OP, SLAYER69. With me you’re preaching to the choir. I KNOW humankind has lost 99.9% (probably more) of its history.

I believe advanced HUMAN world civilizations have existed in our pre-history.
I also believe homo sapiens sapiens is much, much older than currently believed.
We were created by ETs who genetically re-engineered an Earth hominid.

Sitchin thought it was more than 400,000 years ago.
Edgar Cayce talked of past human lives from ten million years ago.

It’s clear in these photos, that the quality of the stonework is not equal.

When these ruins were first discovered by Whites, the descendants of the Incas did NOT take credit for building the megalithic foundations of these structures.
The “Gods” (human or ET) built the foundations with magical means.
The Incas built on top of PRE-EXISTING megalithic stonework of amazing sophistication.

A case could be made that there was NO connection between the original builders of the megalithic structures & the Incas who used them.

In other words, that the Incas stumbled across the remnants of a civilization already long-lost when the Incas arrived.

Unfortunately, politics got into it and some Inca descendants feel “belittled” when it’s suggested that their ancestors did not build ALL of these ancient sites.

As for the Ica Stones, I think some may be real. (There’s a relief of a dinosaur in an ancient Cambodian temple.)

In readings, Edgar Cayce talked of the Atlanteans having to defend human communities from very large, destructive animals with weapons that used crystals.

Cayce died in Jan 1945, many years before the discovery of lasers was made public. (Some believe Nazi scientists discovered lasers before the end of WWII.)

In the West, discovery of the related “maser” was not made public until1954.
1960 – Theodore Maiman invented the ruby laser.
1960 – Ali Javan invented the gas laser.
1962 – Robert Hall invented the semiconductor laser.

The “possible signs of vitrification” (where the rocks were so superheated that they melted into glass) could be the result of these laser beam-like weapons.

Some researchers, like Joseph P. Farrell, believe that there was a worldwide war between competing ETs.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

I have to relate this, I just can't resist.I can't remember the name or author of the book,But back when I was in college writting a paper on some of these civilizations for my anthropology course. I came across a book written by an archeologist who had worked on some South American sites. He claimed that the natives had told him that the close fit between the stones was acheived by using a plant found in the jungle. The plant was collected and crushed for it's juice. The juice of said plant was used to soften the stone face. When the stone was placed it settled into place with a very close fit as the facings were softened by this plant juice.

Apparently he was told that the stones were shaped for rough fit and the plant juice softened the stone facings causing them to fit closely together, but not to fuse. My thoughts on this are that the type of stone used could be because that particular stone was suseptable to the softening action of this juice.

I apologise for not being able to site a source for this,but advancing age has doomed my memory. I read this many years ago and because of it's unusual nature it has stuck with me inspite of my bad memory.I think that this could at least be plausible. The Natives live very close to the land and know much more about the properties of the natural world around them than we do. Perhaps they discovered this by chance,or perhaps because of their deeper understanding of their world they knew that this plant could be used in this fashion. Possibly they observed this plant growing near a piece of this stone and causing the stone to soften. We will never know for sure.

Slayer

this is one of two red herrings wrt ancient stone work, the other being the bird spit hypothesis. Both fail on the basis of the scale of the stonework in Peru. To create glazes or to cut stone with some form of chemical would require industrial levels of plant collection/growth or battery farms of birds to collect the spit. God knows how one collects bird spit! It would also require industrial levels of processing.

Lindroth, Watkins, Jordan and a few others show that the glazing/fracturing/vaporizing of stone is relatively easy with the sun dishes found in the museums of Peru. Granted most of the gold artifacts were melted down and removed by the spanish, but the tech is still to be found..There are a few videos that show the processes on line. No bird spit required

Will

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Amazing once again Slayer!

You are the very best of ATS. I'm serious, you keep the ats standard at its highest level.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Before I forget...

I just wanted to stop and thank everyone for posting and sharing their thoughts. This has been a very interesting read thus far.

All opinions, speculations and theories are welcome.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by will2learn

You didn't actually read the post did you. Plants are easily grown and processed.Ever hear of wine,corn,wheat.

As for bird spit that would be a bit on the unbelievable side.I never said that the stones were cut with the juice. I said they were finished with the juice.Might want to work on that reading comprehension.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The biggest revelations that we may get from these ancient structures will come from thinking outside the blocks so to speak. I believe that the answers we seek will come from a different line of questions. The sheer energy that it took to build these structures must have been harnessed in a way that is currently unimaginable to us. The balance it took to perform the labor as well as maintain a habitable environment for the community that was involved must have taken so much preparation. How did these people live when they weren't doing the work?

From my perspective it would not have been possible to have a slave driven community that could have moved around the world using the same methods while creating these structures in so many places. The peoples that would have built them had to have stumbled upon some method of harnessing so much energy that they had the time and resources to pull off these great works all while leading comfortable and meaningful lives. Works of this nature would have taken the full capacity of all of the peoples involved. It would have been impossible to get slaves, or even unskilled workers to pull off such delicate and detailed structures.

So coming from that line of thinking, and looking at the amount of energy that it took to build these structures one could get an idea of how they must have balanced their community. Given the astronomical amount of precision and energy that it took, one must conclude that these people would have been able to travel to any part of the globe with relative ease. They would have been unhindered by the seasons, or geographical areas such as mountains, deserts, forests, or oceans. It even seems probable that they did not worry about using up the resources that existed in these areas as it seems they built in places that were remote, or in tough locations to begin with.

As far as I can tell these structures were not built as any form of protection such as castles or walls were in the more recent past. That and the fact that they were able to perform this work in every corner of the globe tells me that they lived and worked with little or no threat from other humans.

There seems to be a lack of detail pertaining to the methods that they used or anything detailing their religion, faith, or other clues into the day to day lives to these people. This is a very big clue in my perspective. It seems that most people or cultures have an incessant need to leave behind some sort of legacy or definition of their lives. It may be a somewhat juvenile need to reinforce an immortal perspective that subconsciously knows its flaw. It is clear that those who built these structures were well beyond this idea. Perhaps they are expressing the pinnacle of a sustainable civilization living within it's means, literally.

Looking back it is clear that these peoples were the most advanced peoples to have inhabited the earth to date. Perhaps they were not destroyed in any cataclysmic event or destroyed in some war, but simply moved on from place to place experiencing the beauty and wonders that each different geographical location has to offer. Perhaps in their much advanced perspective they missed a very important fact, that humans, by nature will dominate, overwhelm and eventually destroy their home.

Imagine a day where we could find the balance that these peoples had exploited. Imagine that we, after learning the pitfalls of our natural instincts were to maintain a culture that expressed our renewable energies in the same way that these advanced peoples did, while at the same time, maintaining and reinforcing the legacy and lessons learned. Imagine how beautiful of a place the earth could be after a couple of hundred thousand years of living and expressing ourselves this way. How wonderful it would be to walk upon the great accomplishments of our ancestors, ones that we remember and can relate to, as well as the accomplishments of ourselves and our children. What would the earth as well as our structures look like after so much time, if we had lived this way all along.

Perhaps, this is what we were meant for. Maybe we wandered off the path for a minute and stepped in it big time. In contrast to what we have created now, these ancient peoples and their wondrous accomplishments looks like a pretty good option. Humans should take a really deep look into our own past and try to relearn how the balance was once had and lost. There we will find the answers to our future, or at least a future that may be sustainable.

Just my thoughts, thanks for all the great pics, reads and videos.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't think we will ever know the truth about these sites because there is a site just a few decades old in Homestead, florida that have all the experts baffled. The chance of figuring out what happened thousands of years is almost impossible, lookup Coral Castle and start there.

I think we are part alien or a experiment, what happened to our body hair? Evolution? There are too many holes in our history including these ancient sites around the world.

Just like you and many of this site, I want the truth. I want the escavation under the Sphinx and beneath the pyramids. I think there is more over there.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I have my doubt about the whole poured stone concept at this site.
I'm not saying it isnt possible just that I doubt it.

Isn't there to many known quarry sites for that to be. Sites where you can actually see the same size stones have been cut.

I like the theory that the stones were placed and the then they chiseled the stone away on the face and edges for a good fit ,I have doe this with stone, It is the same thing you do with clay in sculpting, but that does not explain the tight fit overall not the huge stones being placed in some very difficult spots.

As to the ease of moving the large stones with enough people, like all big jobs you can only get so many people working on an object and some of the stones are known to not only come from far away but they had to go up mountains.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
oh you earned a star from me!
nice work, love the clear photos, the great video and the interesting information!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by will2learn

You didn't actually read the post did you. Plants are easily grown and processed.Ever hear of wine,corn,wheat.

As for bird spit that would be a bit on the unbelievable side.I never said that the stones were cut with the juice. I said they were finished with the juice.Might want to work on that reading comprehension.

And the same applies, wine wheat and corn are and were part of agroindustries. I allow the proponents of the liquification of stone the leeway to collect the plants as opposed to having great fields of the mythical plants being grown. Still it requires industrial levels of processing to produce enough to produce the quantity of stone seen in these ancient sites. As far as I know no one has even come up with a plant that is up to the task.

If you look at the modern methods of doing this you will note heavy duty industrial processes producing very dangerous chemicals. Ivan Watkins did a great job on dispelling this myth in his paper Stonework of the Incas. His conclusions and experiments point to basic percussive methods and sun dish work. At least both sets of tools are in the archaeological record unlike the spitting birds and stone melting plants.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Man I really want to add something but Slayer's work is so thorough, and he covers the speculation so well, all I can say is good job and thanks for the work you do round here, always intriguing. Keep it up

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I thought many would find this interesting.

I'm glad there are others here who are interested in the topic.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join