It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remnants of a Lost World...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Nice thread!
In one of your first images you showed the walls of a complex. The stones looked like jigsaw puzzle pieces. Of course I've seen these images many times before, as I'm sure many others have. I'm starting to think those stones were cut that way, rather than them being 'filler' stones. They fit far too tightly to be roughly thrown together. Also, if you look closely at them, they bow out at the seems. Almost as if they were placed there together rather roughly and then literally melted together. Fascinating stuff and in any event, these people were master stone masons.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
WOW.....great stuff here Slayer..

I'm always fascinated looking at these structures...

I can't help but wonder sometimes what the purpose would have been for all the different ways the stones were cut..

The very high-res pic was just mind blowing...

thanks again for making my day more interesting!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

If you can watch the video skip to 6:30 to 12:00

edit on 27-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I can't help but wonder sometimes what the purpose would have been for all the different ways the stones were cut..

I read somewhere they think it might have been to lend stability during earthquakes. If true, it seems to have worked.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

OK. Thanks. I can definitely see what you meant by filler blocks. Haha

I was thinking of the jigsaw like wall you posted pics of. The block shapes are so odd, but they fit perfectly. Its odd.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I could very easily picture the typical, disc type of "ufo" to park right in the circular walkway. Why not have a landing pad for your visitors and give them a nice walkway? Sure is exciting!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I actually applauded the little lady playing the Harp. Oyente Tambo with those flowing water ways and megalithic construction. I could never go there because the only way they'd get rid of me would be to tie me down.

Please forgive the vague asimile.
Something Childress barely touches on and believe is gigantic clue is however these structures were done and by whoever ? It absolutely had to be an easy accomplishment. I mean just to even begin thinking about such a task in those times. You'd have to be out of your gord. That's before we even consider the fact that they accomplished it. And I do mean WTF ?

What are your thoughts Slayer ?
edit on 27-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In 5023 someone will dig up NYC and ascertain it was built as a launching pad for aliens and there is a hidden message in the street configuration, and an ancient worship place that has two huge square pits at the bottom of the island with a date of a piece of fragment saying 9/11 which must have been the day the aliens there left the planet or arrived?

And if you cannot see the irony, there not hope for you.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

YA!, no they won't.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Another very interesting site for us closet wannabe archiologists to enjoy from the comforts of home.
Thanks Slayer.

2nd shot down that little drain is interesting and runs into another section.
Are there any other closer air shots of the dismantled tower section?
Were the rings individual walls?
A North South reference would be good too.

Spokes (for want of a better word)
Outer 13 (some are doubles others aren't)
Inner 5
1 main
all confined in a square
It's not balanced so it was more than asthetic reasoning behind the design, but that's just a guess.
Any similarities between this and any crop circles? Think spherical 3 layers differnet doors -ish, could even, meataphorically speaking be the layers to this system.
A lock
Ancients didn't willy nilly for the heck of it, everything had meaning.
Incidentally, how did they store water or where was their water source up there?

I hope our future means they stop dismantling stuff so we can find out what it was.

Very interesting stuff though thanks again

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

closet wannabe archiologists

You mean we finally have a handle ?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Well Done.

I bet some of these wondrous works built, are built over even bigger and better works of construction.

The sons and daughters had to have learned somehow......

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This really makes for wondering: why won't archaeologists (or maybe they have already and it's impractical) use some sort of new technology scanning radar to investigate further. Beneath the ruins.

The answer is - they can. However, the answers they are sure to find are likely more volatile than even people on this forum can imagine. No doubt.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skyzeagle

Because science and archeology sometimes LIKES their little box they play in?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Dear SLAYER69,

I have not posted on any threads for a bit; but, absolutely had to thank you for the invite and for the opportunity to read and see another of your informative and beautiful posts. You are the best. Peace.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Ew looking good can't wait to read it,
bookmarking

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Kudos again. Slayer. Thoroughly enjoyed the video of Researcher David Hatcher Childress. Peru has always fascinated me. Even more so, than ancient Egypt.

Des

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The rocks had to be carved by other rocks. Have any tool-rocks been found at these sites?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Excellent post as always, Slayer.

I spent a few weeks backpacking through Peru this past May, and one definitely gets the feeling a very ancient civilization used to call the land home.

The stonework is, as you've pointed out, entrancing. I also agree that much of the ruins seem to be built upon older, more sophisticated structures.

At Machu Picchu (which deserves a thread of its own), many 'simpler' structures are built upon much larger, more finely crafted stone. Beautiful stuff, too.

Something else I noticed while traveling around the country is the absolutely dumbfounding amount of terracing in the mountains. Almost every hill and cliff side has been painstakingly terraced to increase crop yield. I mean, it's everywhere! That alone says something about the size and level of sophistication of Peruvian history, IMO.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join