It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole Watch 2013-16

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Update on new bubble site.

assumptionla.wordpress.com...

theadvocate.com...

As I wrote yesterday, I noticed surveyor spikes marking out something. I believe these stakes marked the route of the new pipeline. It appears that this would be the new pipeline they are installing. I said the source may not even be local because gas can move laterally. I don't trust Texas Brine and it's contractors. But, from the evidence, it would appear there is no widening of the sinkhole. There is gas tramped around the entire area. It will lay under the silt and mud until disturbed. Obviously, the drilling of a new borehole allowed the gas to travel and surface.

The source of the gas is the sinkhole regardless. And, Bayou Corne is still an ecological disaster and will be for years to come.

Last night, I wondered about the cavern itself. Will it ever just fill up and stop. I think that's a question which is hard to answer. Mainly because something like this has never happened before. Could the water keep entering the cavern and could it keep eroding the salt and ejecting it? I doubt it. Eventually, it will fill with enough rock to stop the larger movements of water.

But I think one thing is for sure. The land around the sinkhole won't be stable for decades. Maybe longer. How long has that gas hole to hell been burning? Um 1971... Wow. 43 years. That's some bonfire. That's four decades with no sign of slowing.
Door to hell they call it. And to think, we HUMANS, are the ones that opened it.

www.amusingplanet.com...

Why isn't there as sinkhole watch 2014. Come on . Get on it.

edit on 26-2-2014 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
here are two Maps (of the 40 Maps on the page) which might have a bearing on sinkhole creation

i think i read there are some 42,000 rivers/streams/creeks that are consequential here in the USA alone

asheepnomore.net...

Map 26. The 7000 Rivers that Feed into the Mississippi River
Map 16. Map of Rivers in the Contiguous United States

the maps are small but get the message across... the land is laced with water flows both above & below the surface...

with development, the even drainage of water both above ground & under ground is radically changed... So it ain't all centered around the 'fracking' intrusion

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I wonder how long the people of the Midwest and south will put up with all of the corporate environmental disasters happening around them, before they say "enough is enough"

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Scientists baffled by gigantic 262ft hole that has appeared at Siberia's 'End of The World'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 15-7-2014 by digoots because: remove quote

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ring of fire: Mysterious blazing sinkhole shocks Chinese village

A blazing sinkhole in northwest China terrified locals, attracting tourists as well as researchers and prompting questions about its origin. The temperature on top of the burning crater was estimated to be 792 degrees Celsius (1,457 degrees Fahrenheit).

Due to the deadly heat, scientists have been unable to come close enough to the crater to measure how deep it really is.

Located in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, near Urumqi, in northwest China, the sinkhole is 0.9 meters (3 feet) wide.

It is hot enough to light up branches and other objects placed next to it. Various tourist videos show people setting things on fire.

Locals have dubbed it a “gateway to hell.” Many have told the Chinese media that the ground in the area has been hot for some time now.

Source

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19221483]lurksoften[

Not a new place but new hole.

Sinkhole scare: Mysterious giant crater emerges in Siberian village

A fresh giant crater has appeared in Siberia's Novokuznetsk region. Measuring 20 meters in diameter and up to 30 meters in depth, the hole is unnerving the local population, who fear the next one might swallow their homes.

The mysterious sinkhole was first spotted by Rinat Sharifullin, a local man whose house is a mere 100 meters away from where it emerged. He blames the sagging of earth into abandoned mine tunnels snaking beneath the ground in the area.

Emergency ministry staff promptly arrived to the spot, fenced the crater away and filled it with earth. Experts are now investigating it to find out why it emerged.

The new crater emerged some 3,500 kilometers away from a group of similar holes not far from Gazprom’s Bovanenkovo gas field. There, about 20 'baby' craters appeared in February around a giant one filled with water, which could mean there could be more to come in the new spot.

In either location, there's no full certainty as to what caused them. While locals blame old mine shafts, geologists name another possible reason: methane emissions from permafrost melting due to global warming. Methane is a highly flammable gas, and locals are being advised to avoid using fire near the craters. This also makes it a dangerous job for scientists to study the holes.

Source

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hasn't been much for updates on this thread, but I must say that I continue to receive daily Google updates on sinkholes and they continue to increase all around the world. Here are three headlines from this morning, the first one of which is a pretty significant sinkhole in Papua New Guinea that destroyed 16 homes.

The Post-Courier reported the sinkhole appeared in the swampy Ambunti area of East Sepik Province and caused panic among locals.

Photos on social media showed huge cracks in the soil, as well as collapsed houses.

The newspaper quoted a witness who said the sinkhole formed about midday on Saturday, near the Sepik River.

The ABC has been unable to reach emergency officials.

Sinkhole destroys 16 homes

The Water Authority blamed the sinkhole on a broken water main. It’s not clear what caused it, but if the authority is at fault, it would be responsible for the damage to the SUV.

People told Action 7 News that they couldn’t believe that this happened in Albuquerque.

“In the 22 years of my life that I’ve been here, I’ve never seen anything like it before,” said an area resident.

SUV rescued from large sinkhole in Albuequerque, nm

It's funny how they always try to blame these on water main breaks. Just all of a sudden cities around the world have worthless water mains. I think it's the other way around...land subsidence events like earth crustal movement is causing the water mains to break, bridges to collapse, trains to derail, pipelines to explode, etc. The sinkhole comes first, then a water main breaks from the collapse, not the other way around like they want you to believe. Note what the guy says in the end of story above...in his 22 years in Albuquerque he hasn't seen anything like it.

This next sinkhole is likely caused by heavy rains seeing how San Diego and the rest of Cali just recieved record rainfalls.

Sinkhole opens up under trolley

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

China has experienced one of its worst urban disasters of recent times. An entire building, together with the ground underneath, has collapsed and sunk into a massive hole.

The incident has occurred in Guangdong province, in Dongguan. Evidence of the monster disaster first appeared on LiveLeak in the early hours of Thursday.

advice for headphone users, turn down the volume

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

And a construction worker died in this sinkhole disaster. China by far has the worst sinkholes in the past few years. They had one city where literally dozens of sinkholes appeared a couple of years ago.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Seen this one today, china sinkhole.

Or this one, in china also, now that has got to be a trip, one day your walking by on the sidewalk all fine the next moment you fall right on through.

Or this one in Korea I think.

Though really if you look online there everywhere, China, USA, Russia, UK, Australia, and you name it there has likely been sinkholes appearing this year or previous years. Literally pick a spot and country on the map and there be shinkholes.

Some new documentary I seen on YouTube about this.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
More sinkholes.

Not sure if this happened this year, but its bigger then the little ones that have been opening up on city streets all over the world, a good chuck of some Russian town to be exact.

And this one, we may have to change the name of the dead sea, to the deader sea, or just salt desert, some years from now.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
small update on the sinkholes in Siberia.

'Can explode at anytime': Scientists reveal giant sinkhole to appear in Siberia

Scientists in Siberia are preparing for the formation of a massive new crater, which will be even bigger than an existing one. The researchers believe the sinkhole will be caused by a blast in the permafrost, though they are keeping its location under wraps.
The scientists have located a so-called ‘hillock of swelling,’ which is abnormal in terms of size and form, according to Vladimir Olenchenko, a senior researcher at the Institute of Petroleum Geology and Geophysics in the city of Novosibirsk. He added that the new possible sinkhole is not far from and will be bigger than a massive crater, which was formed last year in Solikamsk.

Scientists confirmed that around 20 mini-craters have recently formed around the sinkhole in Solikamsk over the last year, while locals have also discovered other depressions.The discoveries have led to a number of theories concerning how they were created. These range from a UFO invasion, to the consequences of global warming.

Experts believe that underground explosions caused by the release of gas hydrates were the reason for the crater’s formation. They had previously warned that rising temperatures will trigger the melting of the surrounding permafrost and the discharge of large amounts of gas hydrartes, which contain as much as 10 times more carbon than the atmosphere. They say this will have a negative impact on the environment.

Source

Original Story from 2014

20 smaller craters appear next to large one.

RSOE Event Report

edit on 23-9-2015 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

car, trailer, and caravan all swallowed

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Pretty crazy! luckily no one was injured, no doubt some pretty intoxicated people about

www.abc.net.au...
Engineers will use ground-penetrating radar to assess the area surrounding a massive sinkhole that has closed campgrounds at Inskip Point near Fraser Island in south-east Queensland.
The sinkhole claimed 200 metres of beachfront and about 50 metres of a popular campground and swallowed up a caravan, four-wheel drive camper-trailer and tents just after 10:00pm on Saturday.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Milah

That's some crazy people in that video still standing around the edges of that massive hole when it could easily collapse even more. The size of a football field...now that's freaky...and right along the shore where most likely cause is a gas explosion similar to that Rhode Island boom a couple months ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Giant cave-in swallows cars in IHOP parking lot

A huge cave-in has swallowed more than a dozen cars in an IHOP parking lot in Meridian, Miss., according to local media.

Local TV station KSLA quoted witnesses as hearing a series of booms before power went out and the cave-in, which is about 50 feet wide and 600 feet long, opened up.

Another station, WTOK, said emergency responders were called out to the scene about 7:15 p.m. CT Saturday. Officials told the station that about 15 vehicles were submerged in mud and paving but that no one appeared to have been hurt.

Source

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Rez not sure were to start here. Have some time on my hands atm last post was in Nov. There are so many new stories not sure were to begin.

Oregon Jan 31st 2016

Canal Street New Orleans Apr 30th 2016

WILDWOOD, MO Feb 6 2016

Tarpon Spring, Florida Mar 30th 2016

Seattle Jan 25th 2016
DES MOINES, Iowa Apr 13th 2016

PITTSBORO, N.C. Jan 18th 2016

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark 1/04 2016

Giant sinkhole appears overnight, swallows 25 tonnes of fish China

Lots happening in Cali with sinkholes. Not much suprise there. Source Source

Britian Dec 25th 2015

Feb 15th 2016

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lurksoften

Thanks for the links Lurks. I'm still watching, getting my daily Google Alerts, and yes, there are an awful lot of sinkholes, as well as all the other events increasing, like volcanoes and earthquakes, especially all around the Ring of Fire. Quite interesting times.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Google Translated.

Monday May 30, 2016

Lago Riesco disappears in Aysen: Mystery hits in Patagonia

The lack of information increases the mystery, waiting for an official version of what happened with the Lago Riesco.

Several versions are indicating that much of the risk-of Lake 1,400 hectares of buildable area have disappeared in Patagonia. The lake is, or was, located 27 kilometers from Puerto Aysén. The inhabitants of Aysen, Miriam Henriquez, posted a video and shocking pictures on Facebook of desiccated lake. The well-known local radio Santa Maria published a photo of dry lake, information has been widely disseminated in social networks of people who wonder what happened to the Lago Riesco.

The last report of April SERNAGEOMIN places all the volcanoes in the Aysen region level green (stable and imminent risk). It should be mentioned that the region has a temperate maritime climate with annual rainfall rainy cold of the order of 3,000 millimeters.

The monumental Liquiñe-Ofqui geological fault extends from the area of the Liquiñe in Valdivia, to the Gulf of Penas, about 1,200 kilometers along the south of Chile. Some scholars point to the fault responsible for earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Various consultations that we conducted during the day , said that a possible explanation of what happened the could provide the geological fault Liquiñe-Ofqui, which runs from north to south on one of the lakeshore. The other possibility is that the normal rainfall has been affected by the phenomenon OS, (El Niño). In the first case, if the large volume of lake water had drained into the ground by the opening of a failure, there would important manifestations of this change. In the case of a decrease in rainfall would have to wait a normalization of the regional climate

Source

:37 sec mark

or if you have facebook 2min Video

Sinkhole Turkey
edit on 31-5-2016 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join