It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole Watch 2013-16

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There have been a lot of sinkholes all over the place, but there is one that has grabbed a lot of attention and that's the Louisiana Bayou Corne sinkhole. This sinkhole started in August and has continued to expand and release deadly gases. There are a couple of good threads dedicated to this sinkhole alone, but I thought it was time to start a watch of the other sinkholes being reported on a daily basis. I will also post any new updates to the Louisiana sinkhole here too.

Many of these sinkholes have logical explanations, but some don't. Also, a lot are described as the result of a water main break, but I sometimes wonder what causes the water main break? Could it be the other way around, the sinkhole caused the water main break? Well, I will post the news reports here and hope that if you find something of interest in regards to sinkholes, you'll post it here as well.

I'm not sure if there is an increase in sinkholes. I don't know of any statistics about it. I think that the Louisiana sinkhole is what has drawn attention to these events and there is no doubting the fact that many sinkholes are occurring. I think sinkholes are a sign of our changing planet and are of great concern, especially when considering the deadly gases that are being released, which may have other consequences such as unexplained fires and explosions, which I've discussed in another thread I authored in my signature. I think these sinkholes are definitely worth keeping track of. I will also post here land cracks and landslides of importance.

MOST RECENT HEADLINES:

Bus falls in massive sinkhole, Oceanside, CA

No one was hurt, but two workers who went to the bus driver’s rescue fell into the sinkhole in water that was over their heads, said Patty Troublefield, property manager of Villa Del Mar apartments on Los Arbolitos Boulevard near Fredericks Avenue. “One fell in and then the other ran to help him and he fell in,” said Troublefield, who arrived for work around 7 a.m., right after the North County Transit District bus dropped into the sinkhole in front of her apartment complex. “He went in and went all the way down, then came up,” Troublefield said. The two workers managed to pull themselves out as police and other city workers ran to their aid, Troublefield said.

Huge sinkhole repaired in Yuma, AZ

That area where Arizona Avenue curves into Walnut Avenue was closed to traffic for more than 10 hours on Christmas Eve after a waterline break caused a 25-feet deep sinkhole. The City of Yuma Utilities Department responded to the area at 6:30 a.m. to fix a sinkhole that was 60 feet long and 30 feet wide.

Large sinkhole closes road in Washington

Culver t collapse causes sinkhole in Santa Rosa, CA

Sinkhole closes street in Leetonia, OH

Donnalley told Village Council Wednesday night that the eastbound lane of State Street east of Hazel Street has been blocked off after the department discovered a sink hole beginning in the roadway. He said a camera will be run through the sanitary system on Friday in an attempt to determine the cause. Donnalley noted that there are no remnants of debris in the nearest manhole, nor are other manholes backed up, indicating that the main line has not collapsed.

Is Louisiana sinkhole gas drifting as far away as Texas?

What is the nexus between FEMA activity in the Beaumont, TX port (which is the nearest port to the petrol sinkhole at Byou Corne, LA), fireballs over nearby Houston, TX (just to the West of Byou Corne along the Gulf), and power line poles in counties to the north and south of Houston bursting into flames? It is certainly not the fog! If the moisture in fog could cause an arc on pole tops, what happens in Texas during the rain? Electric lines can cause an arc, and heat from meteors can likewise spark an explosion, but what would the fuel be? The collapsing and leaking salt dome cavern near Byou Corne is doing more than putting an oil slick on the surface of the sinkhole. The petrol on the surface is vaporizing into the air, and being blown about by the winds, and though oil and water do not mix, oil can settle on the surface of water and this includes the surface of water droplets in the air, i.e. fog! Why are the meteor showers in the area turning into fireballs, appearing aflame in the skies? The winds are blowing fuel, and there are explosions in abundance! Is FEMA concerned about a possible conflagration at Byou Corne, with a sudden need to evacuate residents in the area? It is more than just that sinkhole, as numerous salt dome caverns used to store petrol products are in use in the region.

Report from Energy News on LA sinkhole

Where is Jindal?

edit on Thu Feb 27 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: added 2014 to title

edit on Sun Nov 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jan 1 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I just don't think sink holes are on the same scale as volcanoes and earthquakes, sorry OP

edit on 27-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/28/2012 by kosmicjack because: removed quoted OT content and other OT content

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I agree with you there...not on the same level, but worth checking out! Maybe when you drive into one of these holes like that bus did this morning, you'll think it on another level

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You know what bothers me about Louisiana...aside from the shifty stories and lack of detail to what someone must have documented to the last container for what's down there... It's the seismic activity recorded. What the heck is moving around down there??

I get the idea that the Salt Domes collapsed or at least one did completely with whatever was stored inside. Fine. I'm sure that event rang seismographs too..No big surprised. It's the ongoing periods of activity people are talking about that really makes me wonder. What is still moving enough to be noticeable at times? That's a little unnerving.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Theres a news watch on the Bayou Corme sinkhole on the net called the sinkhole bugle.....i think...
its updated daily too....or at least when a new wrinkle occurs....
lasinkhole.wordpress.com...
Its pretty reactionary at times but hey they live there...when not evacuated

“It is an issue with wide impact. The EPA says that one in four Americans, including 10 million children under the age of 12, lives within four miles of a toxic waste dump.”

edit on 27-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I thought the same thing Wrabbit, and it's surprising how little attention this gets.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Check it this link to sign White House petition asking they recognize or bring attention to the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We need to get the MSM and the government to come clean with this potential disaster.

White House Petition...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Phage got censored?! Wow!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Once again, want to post this because it's important. Here is a link to the White House petition to demand some attention to the Louisiana sinkhole. Anyone interested in signing should do so to help out this cause.

"Concerned citizens petition the White House to take action without delay at the Bayou Corne Sinkhole disaster."

We feel that Texas Brine and government officials haven't released all information in regards to these possible dangers, which include dangerous radiation levels which are said to be 15 times higher than state-recognized safe levels. Other dangers to the public include dangerous levels of oil and methane gas releases, risk of a catastrophic explosion, continuous tremors and the possibility of an ever growing sinkhole. It’s unclear just what exactly Texas Brine did or didn’t bury at the sinkhole. Neither company nor state regulators have been clear about what’s been taking place at the site for years. They haven’t been honest we demand an immediate resolution.

White House Petition...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

not sure how much help it is,
but for what its worth, its signed.

Although i cant see our govt giving us
real answers, but worth a shot anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

If they get 25,000 signatures in a month, then Obama is supposed to at least address the issue. You're right though, doesn't mean he'll say much. But, if he addresses it, then maybe the MSM will at least take a look and say something as well.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And maybe Jimdal will get the spanking he deserves by ignoring this issue.

I know, Jindal

edit on 29-12-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This one from China

Gaping sinkhole in China
edit on 29-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ottawa, Canada back in September...Driver spots hole and slams on brakes, but too late!

Car drives into Ottawa sinkhole

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
These recent phenomenas of sinkholes has got me thinking. I know that sinkholes occur from time to time...but this recent escalation has got me pondering...

Earthquakes have picked up
Volcanoes are extremely active
and now massive sinkholes are appearing out of the blue at an alarming rate...

I think that I may have stumbled on to a link that would explain all of these things...
Solar Flares...heating up the earths core, melting the icecaps, forcing underground water pressure and wreaking havoc on the earth...

Man cannot possibly be the blame alone...global warming is due to Solar flares...but I guess blaming it on man is more profitable.

Anyway...that's my theory. I'm sure it will be picked apart like a Christmas goose.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
These recent phenomenas of sinkholes has got me thinking. I know that sinkholes occur from time to time...but this recent escalation has got me pondering...

Earthquakes have picked up
Volcanoes are extremely active
and now massive sinkholes are appearing out of the blue at an alarming rate...

I think that I may have stumbled on to a link that would explain all of these things...
Solar Flares...heating up the earths core, melting the icecaps, forcing underground water pressure and wreaking havoc on the earth...

Man cannot possibly be the blame alone...global warming is due to Solar flares...but I guess blaming it on man is more profitable.

Anyway...that's my theory. I'm sure it will be picked apart like a Christmas goose.

I'm thinking that you are spot on, except that our thoughts differ in one area...rather than solar flare, I believe its UV radiation heating us up but its because of dangerous levels of methane and hydrogen sulfide gases being released from arctic ice melt, fracking, volcanoes, and the many other reasons methane is leaking. I have another thread about it in my signature.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I believe its UV radiation heating us up

UV radiation doesn't heat us up. Infrared does.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join