It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Claus Arrested by DPS Capitol Police for Chalking Sidewalk with kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A guy dressed as Santa Claus was arrested for handing out chalk to children and adults and spreading holiday cheer in front of the Texas capitol building.

One cop goes around snapping photos of bystanders filming the event, a form of intimidation. I have no idea what the guy in the back did to be detained and searched but the whole event makes my blood boil and turns my stomach at the same time.

Did they really have to go this far in front of kids days before Christmas? Shame on them.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

LoL made me laugh . Santa needs to be charged with home invasions , crossing boarders with out documentation, stealing milk and cookies , running a sweat shop I hope they throw the book at him ..

Also this was posted a few days ago

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's amazing how far you have to go to see he was an Occu-Santa and this was a part of the Occupy Austin activities they reacted to. Really.. Almost all the stories I looked up didn't even mention it now...or the most passing way if they do.

After wrestling Santa to the ground and placing handcuffs on him, State Troopers also arrested Corey Elf after he used sidewalk chalk to write “Free Santa.” Both were arrested for Criminal Mischief, while Santa may face additional resisting arrest charges.
Occupy Austin stands in solidarity with Santa Claus and his elf. Three members of Occupy Austin, Audrey Steiner, Corey Williams, and Jim Bird were arrested earlier in 2012 for chalk. Though they were held in Travis County Jail, they have not been charged with any crime, raising questions about whether Troopers are arresting activists to silence them.
Source - Occupy Austin

Membership in that group has ....downsides..when out on an active protest. The cops don't even play or give a chance anymore and everyone in Occupy ought to know that. Of course I am sure they do and this was one heck of a Gotcha to the Texas DPS.... Shame on them for falling for it. They ought to be smarter than this.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I searched "Santa Clause arrested" but got nothing, my apologies.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join