It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabic Countries Believe Election will send the US into "2nd Civil War"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Stabilization of the entire area (and its oil), and yes sports fans, that means Iran and Syria.

The entire region is more destable now than it has been in recent memory.

and we are winning, like it or not.

lol, keep telling yourself that.

We probably should just be thankful the terrorists and insurgents are happily killing people daily over in Iraq rather than in America doing the same thing, heaven forbid they ever tire of that huh? Maybe that should have been Bush's stance, we wanted to destabilize Afghanistan and Iraq to the point they were both turned into a terrorist playground, so they can be merry and raise Jihad over there instead of inside our borders, eh?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
While I believe that the idea of a civil war is no more than an arab fantasy it did bring to mind some troubling thoughts. Many of us here have considered and discussed the idea of a terrorist attack on or before election day, but what concerns me is the idea of a terrorist attack on nov 3. If this election is as close as 2000 was then the results will be contested, now what happens if during the legal wrangling terrorist attacks which either appear to be partisan, or make it harder to judge results were to take place. For example what if in a 2000 repeat a terrorist bomb were to go off in a predominatly democratic county vote counting office? Besides the natural chaos wouldn't many accuse bush of trying to steal the election by destroying votes? What about a terrorist attack at the speech site for either candidate? A terrorist attack prior to the election would draw americans closer together but what about after when Americans are divided as to whom the legitimate president elect is? If the terrorist attacks could even be slightly seen as partisan would it not open up a whole new can of worms which could divide the country even more?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Even though i think it is 'Arab Fantasy',

All it would take is a major trigger to spark this event... say one of the candidates was assassinated, or there was a huge scandal... the Us is currently partitioned into two rough camps (liberals and conservatives) and the tension seems quite high...

All it would take is a trigger...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hamilton says,

The entire region is more destable now than it has been in recent memory.

and

keep telling yourself that. (we are winning)

The jury is certantly out on weather we're winning, and weather the entire region is more/less stable.

my take is, we are winning, not nessisarily in a "gain the peace" way, but in a manner that shows clear resolve to not allow the USA's interest to be kicked around by some radical country with a hair up its wazoo....it sends a message that if you think the USA doesnt have the guts, the will, to actually come over there and get some...your deadly mistaken. We will no longer tolorate threats by essentially third world nations OR rouge terrorists, or those that harbor or support them. This is where the war is really being waged right now, on an ideological battlefield, not just in the physical whos millitary is where sense. Peace will come thru time and continuing to project this image. NOT by retreat and capitualtions to thugs with weapons.
Im CazMedia, and I approve this message.

As far as regional stability goes, while terrorism is definatly more prominate in Iraq, and to a far lesser extent in saudi arabia....i dont see the israeli/palestinian conflict has changed, i dont see egypt, or iran doing anything they havnt been doing...if fact i see ghadafi giving up his wmd program as he now sees "holy crap...the USA actually WILL come over here and mess me up if i get out of line." Heck even Yemen has been giving more cooperation on terror info, as well as having brought the USS cole attackers to justice. If the preassure wasnt on some behinds over there, i think some of these areas would be MORE inclined to try and screw with the USA, than less.

Hamilton says,

We probably should just be thankful the terrorists and insurgents are happily killing people daily over in Iraq rather than in America doing the same thing

Ever hear the President say "we'll see them at a time and place of our choosing"? Hello Iraq!!!!
We chose to draw the line over there, WE decided where the battles and insurgents would congregate to come try and get a piece of the USA. WE siezed the initiative, which is a key component of millitary strategy.
Muslim extremist chose to poke the sleeping bear....the bear now stalks amongst them....better that we took the fight to them instead of sitting around with our heads in the sand until terror is again upon us at home.
I'm CazMedia and I approve this message!

SpecialAsianX says,

All it would take is a trigger... (to spark a USA civil war)

Id have to concur that most Americans would just lay there and take it than get up and conflict with the government or others. This seems readily apparent as about 1/2 of America is ready to turn tail and run out of iraq.
What makes you think they have enough guts to conduct a resistance at home when they cant even stick it out millitarily dominating a country?
Yes we've suffered casualties, but the total # PALES incomparison to the #'s for our own civil war, let alone any forign conflict the USA has been in.
More Americans murder each other every year than weve lost in Iraq by far, and there isnt a feeling that we've got to crack down on crimne here.
noone is marching in the streets even these days about the war....
a muddy election would hardly cause Americans to rise up in violence even if things seemed REALLY shady. (not just some wild Bush stole the election crap)
Guess who i am and what i approve.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by CazMedia]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Now that the election is over is the Civil war on the way?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Arab countries actually believed this crap?
Did they realy think we wouldnt re-elect Bush, let alone break out into civil conflict?
They used to think that the USA didnt have the guts to put boots on the ground and lay a smack-down on them over there either.
Looks like they believe in alot of fantasy if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The divisions in our culture are bad, but nowhere near the sort of horrible levels needed for a civil war, thank God. Part of the problem is that many Americans are disenfranchised from the political process by the two dominant political parties. For many Americans, participating in the political process in any meaningful way means compromising one's views and joining either the demoblicans or the republicrats.

Until we allow so-called "third parties" to participate in the process fully, Americans will never be fully engaged in their own government. This is a real conspiracy, although it is an unplanned one. The two main parties, the mainstream media and even the upper echelons of American Society and the Corporate community unwittingly work together without conscious intent to suppress the meaningful participation of third parties. When they are mentioned by the media, they are made to look like kooks, rather than citizens with well thought-out alternative political views.

Freedom can only be increased by opening up the political process to more voices!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A American cival war in this day and age is impossible.Most Americans dont even possess the mindset to kill their own countrymen.I mean could you honestly see democrats and republicans killing eachother lol?The Arab world live in a different mindset compared to the US.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So, you think it's just the Arabs that think so?

What about the US states [at least three of them] that are moving to secede?

What about the American citizens who are fleeing the country and emigrating to other nations now?

What about the looming bankruptcy of this nation because our military is so spread it, we can no longer support our men?

What about the looting of our US Treasury, Social Security, and the use of private property as collateral to keep U.S. Bond debts floating?

When it comes down, Baby, it's gonna come >DOWN< and then you can wonder how you'll survive, just as Arabs in certain nations that we have plundered, do now.

"What goes around, comes around." That's called "Justice."

Grandma Emily, the old fart.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Who here really thinks Kerry would benefit from having a civil war? He is getting paid or was at least earning lots of money as a Senator and with his loaded wife who needs a job. People dont seem to understand that rich people dont benefit from any kind of revolution because theyre already good as it is! Also who do you think knows how to fire a gun better a southerner who probably does it for a hobby or a northener. There will be no civil war.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What's Kerry got to do with it?

SOME Americans are sick of the lies, the deceit, the tricks, the games and the falsified rationales.

SOME Americans are sick of influence-peddling, war-mongering, genocidal and omnicidal waste and the profiteering off human death and misery.

SOME Americans are sick of having their money and their names used principally for death and destruction of other peoples and nations.

SOME Americans are sick of the Tweedle-DEE/Tweedle-DUM elections in which no real issues get dealt with and the whole thing is handled like a football game.

SOME Americans are sick to death of seeing the equity we had in this nation going down the drain.

The people who are sick sick sick are either leaving the country; they are battening down their hatches for the long haul; or they're coming out swinging.

I'm coming out swinging. I don't want my grandchildren to have to deal with this parody--ruse--of a terrorism problem that our government created to trump up business--or worse yet--I don't want my grandchildren to die in a nuclear holocaust caused by the NeoCon loose-cannon leadership.

I'm hopping furious; and that's not going to just go away any time soon.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Swing all you want,noone is going to join you in a civil war sorry.If you really think a large number of people will join a civil war.....well thats your opinion good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
War? That's not my style.

Resisting violence, depravity and deceit: that's my style.

I dig down, find some facts and bring them to out embarrass the people who lie like rugs; say one thing and do other bad things; make promises to one group of people and rip off another group of people.

I will expose whatever wrongs and harm I can find to expose. That is my way of dealing with what I see and believe is evil and wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I doubt if political differences will start a civil war, that is one half of America fighting the other half. I just cannot see that happening ever.

What I see is revolution and total anarchy, not civil war. When the economy totally collapses, and people finally realise that there are no jobs, no money, no social security, and no health care, and the power grid goes down. All hell will break loose. People are going to start stealing and looting just to live. If someone needs food, booze or gasoline, they will use a gun to get it.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg

I'm coming out swinging.

Resisting violence, depravity and deceit: that's my style.

It may be just me, but if you are "coming out swinging" then aren't you actually committing violence and adding to the revolt? Resisting violence would be more an act of protesting rather than revolting. Revolts include violence, unless of course you want the floor wiped with your butt. These people will not just step down. You would have to take them out with violence. Like it or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
"Coming out swinging" is an expression that has more to do with my attitude than it does, with my behavior.

My behavior is always very measured because I'm scared to death of the police state mentality that is running this nation right now.

But they won't government my thoughts or feelings--ever.

I just pray for deliverance from Thug-ism day and night, all the time.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Seems as if "John Titor's" report of a civil war is leaking back into our threads.

The United States in a Civil War again? The first and only was one of the bloodiest ever in world history. I think, I say I think, that this in not going to be a culpable reality. We have too much to lose and not enough to gain.

Most Politics and law are economically driven and therefore will not allow that to occur.

Viva Ditka!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The Arabic Countries would LOVE for us to be in a Civil War...

Won't happen though. Sure, I'm dissappointed, but it's not enough to make me take up arms against my fellow countrymen...

In fact, since we've basically given the world the finger anyhow, we might as well quit pussy-footin' around in this thing, and start whoopin' some ass. From the looks of things, the Dubya camp thinks likewise, as evident in Fallujah.

Obviously, either one of two things happened on Tuesday...
1. The majority of America is for Bush's war-mongering...
or
2. With Diebold's help, the NWO firmly took control of the nation....

Either way, we're all screwed in this... The only good I can see is this is that since international opinion doesn't seem to mean a hill of beans to the majority of this nation, the gloves can come off and we can really start winning this tippy-toe war. But take arms against my brothers? Sorry, not an option...too bad Osama...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
1. The majority of America is for Bush's war-mongering...

Exactly! Too bad the majority weren't made up of more meterosexuals (sp).

I think the majority felt Kerry would be a push-over for the blood thirsty war mongering mideasterners. It would be like watching a man trying to reason with a ape.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I think the majority felt Kerry would be a push-over for the blood thirsty war mongering mideasterners. It would be like watching a man trying to reason with a ape.

So now we have two apes slugging it out....wonderful.

I guess I too would trust an AWOL National Guardsmen over a decorated Vietnam vet to fight terror....
[/sarcasm]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join