It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabic Countries Believe Election will send the US into "2nd Civil War"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The Arabic countries feel that the democrats feel so cheated by the 2000 elections that they will do anything to remove Bush from the Whitehouse. These foreign countries notice the passion that both sides are displaying and fear for global stability in the upcoming election.

Normally it is Washington that worries about stability in Arab countries.

These days, however, there is much official nail biting in Arab capitals over the threat of instability in the United States.

“What we are witnessing in the United States is their second civil war,” says an Arab diplomat posted to Washington. “The difference is that this war is waged in the media, in churches, on the hustings, and inside many American homes.”

That next week’s presidential election is the closest in US history seems certain. What is causing concern in Arab and other capitals is that the intense passions unleashed by both sides could provoke instability and violence regardless of who wins.

Arab diplomats, speaking on condition of anonymity, claim that the Democrats, many of whom believe their party was robbed of victory in 2000, are determined to fight hard to dislodge President George W. Bush from the White House.

Fears that the “American street” might explode, in the fashion often attributed to the “Arab street,” may well be exaggerated. But the possibility of US government becoming paralyzed for weeks, if not months, as a result of disputes over election results cannot be discounted.

www.arabnews.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
does anyone even care what the arabs think about our election?

get serious.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hell, I believe there will be blood before this election is done. Who knows, it might be setting teh stage for a second civil war. So, why does the fact that a similar opinion is found around the world surprise?

DE

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I care. Thanks for sharing BlackJackal. Though, I don't think either side wants a civil war over this sort of thing. If any civil war happens, I think it will be a race war or a war between the government as a whole and the people. I think the Arab country may have it wrong, the US is a lot stronger than that, and it would take more to tear people apart than Demos and Repubs.

On a side note, even if we don't think about a civil war itself, it's interesting that the Arabs notice the "divide and conquer" strategy used in American politics.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There will not be a civil war no matter WHO wins.

Other than a few kooks life will go on reguardless, I have seen elections this heated before after its all done we will bitch and moan about the winner but will pull togather anyhow.

The only problem I could see would be a out and out STOLEN election from either side.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone

Classy response.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
truth too much for you hamilton?

response was meant to be accurate.

talk to Teresa about "class".

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I agree it will not be any civil wars any time soon, people in the US are to comfortable with their lifes and their pay checks to stand up and fight the government.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Apparently we care enough about the 'arabs' to go and lose 1,000+ American lives and spend hundreds of billions of dollars 'liberating' them, eh?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Anyone ever heard of a little thing called "wishfull thinking"

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

get serious.

Yup that summed it up for me also, who gives a flying fart?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"Apparently we care enough about the 'arabs' to go and lose 1,000+ American lives and spend hundreds of billions of dollars 'liberating' them, eh?"

Liberating the Iraqis is but a corollary to the true mission.

Stabilization of the entire area (and its oil), and yes sports fans, that means Iran and Syria.

geopolitical offensive.

and we are winning, like it or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
^
||
||

Your opinion stinks on multiple levels. Go to war if your so fervent about it. That's my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of my fellow Americans, But I have NO desire what so ever to kill any of my fellow americans. I really don't think it will come to it. Believe it or not I think we care for eachother more then to let something like this to happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Anything is possible. I don't think there will be a civil war, but maybe we need something to wake up America, and get the two dominating parties out of control of our country. Sometimes you have to stand outside of the box to get a better understanding of what is going on inside of the box. The two main parties in charge have been running this country right into the ground. It's time for a major change in America and the way things are done here. We need to take better care of fellow country men and women who are less fortunate and the enviroment that supports are way of life. If we don't take care of each other we may very well see a civil war in this country. IMO

PS: I hope we don't

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

get serious.

Yup that summed it up for me also, who gives a flying fart?

The people who have an active interest it the rest of the world...

You know the ones who's scope of caring and understanding goes beyond the borders of the USA. Those who realise the world is bigger than the USA and what happens elsewhere has to be taken into account, and the opinions of others count (even if you dont agree with them).

Thats who cares.

Anyways,

I doubt the US will fall into civil war. The only way this could happen is if there was an electiontheft scandal again, or if the winner then gets assasinated...

But yeah, i think the Arabs are kinda holding onto a dream.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
I don't know about the rest of my fellow Americans, But I have NO desire what so ever to kill any of my fellow americans. I really don't think it will come to it. Believe it or not I think we care for eachother more then to let something like this to happen.

This is the best response anyone could give.
I wouldn't even think about going to war against Americans over a little thing like differences of opinions. It's politics and it'll be over with next week.

It's my opinion that other nations would welcome another American civil war because it would be terribly disruptive to our economy, we would be weakened through division and maybe subjected to international intervention.

We Americans, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians and other parties that make up our political system, would never stand for that.

It's our privilege to pick on each other, but it's our duty to protect one another at the same time!

American Civil War II? Only in an Arabian fantasy!

[edit on 25/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sure middle-class america is probably happy with their lives, but there are quite a larger number of poverty stricken and lower income citizens who suffer because of certain policies in this country. Guess what, their numbers outnumber the others.

So what happens when people who have ideas of changing our government structure through force (because thats is the only way it will happen at this point in time) rally the citizens that have been dumped on and ignored for generations into a small force? Maybe it would start in one corner and the ideals begin to spread in other parts of the nation with the free flow of information? C

areful people not everyone in America is happy with their lives. Chances are anyone who has access to a computer and is able to post on this site will bitch and moan but is content enough that they would not fight, which is many of you alls opinions. The inner city areas are densley populated with under privalged people who are ready to fight for a change. I say watch out for that because there might already be people getting ready to strike sooner than many realise

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wishful arab media propaganda,
BUT
while i do not see any civil war resulting from this election, i do see a time where confusion will reign during a contested result investigation, and this cant be a good idea to have "2 Cmdrs in Chief" out there.
We dont need ANY lag time in the prosecution of the iraqi conflict, and certantly added confusion as to leadership would be an opportune time for terrorists/insurgants to capitalize on, in Iraq, or elswhere.

It is very important to remember that regardless of who wins the election, that arab nations LOVE to see a divided America...it works to their advantage to see such divisions in American politics and policy as it gives them hope they can WIN over the USA simply because we will get too involved in infighting to be as effective against them.

Many radical islamists would love to see a change of leadership here in America so that their PR machine could spin a kerry victory as a capitulation by Americans to their actions in a similar vein to Spains election turnaround just after the train attacks there. They want to say "see we influenced an American election,we brought down an American President."
It doesnt really matter why you vote for Kerry, the terrorists will sieze this and use it against us.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
From what I can see, a very large number of Americans don't really care what goes on in Washington, as long as they themselves are doing o/k. There is probably quite a bit to be said for that attitude, but unfortunately political apathy has allowed a corrupt and self serving government system (both parties) to grow like a cancer .

So lets assume the election is pretty close, just like last time. Then the lawyers come out, and there are all sorts of accusations about electoral fraud and vote rigging. (surprise surprise !).

Then assume a couple of weeks after the election, there is another fake staged terrorist attack even worse than 9/11. If the stock market crashes, leading to massive loss of wealth, rising unemployment, soaring food and gasoline prices, and a whole lot of other problems. People are going to get pretty mad about it.

It would no longer be possible for anyone to just ignore what is going on. That just might drive people to take some pretty extreme action.

Yes Americans are apathetic when they are doing o/k. I believe the days of doing o/k are about to end pretty suddenly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join