It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"2012" is still happening… don't be deceived.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Im going to back up your message OP and say 21st is just the beginning.
It all begins when people finally have enough.... if that ever happens.
damn sheep!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If it's coming there isn't much we can do about it.

This does seem familiar to something I started noticing around 2008. I was stuck at home recovering from surgery so all I could do was read books, watch TV, or watch Get Smart until the sun came up(Couldn't sleep at night for various reasons). There were several new 2012 end of the world style documentaries and I noticed a trend. The newer ones all started adding a disclaimer along the lines of the following.

*December 21, 2012 is the center of a +-5 year window* Some wend as far as +-50, but the 50 year was just on the radio, the highest I saw on TV was 25 years. Now everyone differed some would say destruction some would say transformation. The point is all of them started hedging their bets years ago.

My response to that whenever someone would bring up 2012 I would point out the +- window and say. "So technically we could all die now... I mean now...NOW. Oh I give up".

So if we are going to die, or transform there isn't much we can do about it. But I think we will be hearing about the end/beginning for some time as people started hedging their bets years ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

My guess is that the string of apocalyptic prophecies will continue for the next thousand years, if not forever. Heck, the followers of Christ have been expecting his return during their own lifetimes for the past 2,000 years, if I recall correctly.
The 20th century was the scene of some very dirty stuff. However, I have to wonder just how similar the ancient world would be to modern times if the Roman Empire existed in a technological Information Age.
Featuring Nero, Caligula and all the rest.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well we are on a downward spiral with global warming and the knock on effects that most governments refuse to do anything about, so yeah, the end is nigh!

(nice avatar hoonsince89
)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The speakers blew on my Lunatic 3000.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I can't believe that after all we have seen naturally and man made over the course of the past few years that people still think our planet is acting normal. I live in NE Pennsylvania and before the snow storm hit us yesterday it totally wrecked the Midwest with blizzards galore and no that's not normal. Furthermore as the upper states are getting brutalized the southern states received 32 tornados. Yes boys and girls tornados....again not normal. For PA we typically average 45-48in of snow each year in the NE. Last year our total count was 8in. Not 18 or 28 it was 8. Um yeah again not normal. So far this year we received 4 by now we should have around 20.

This is but one of many and countless examples. I think I read today that Siberia is experiencing record breaking cold. Like -58 F.......yeah not normal. Last summer 68 or more tornado touchdowns in a single day over 4 states. Um yeah again, sorry but that's not normal.
edit on 28-12-2012 by masta12d because: Typos

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
I can't believe that after all we have seen naturally and man made over the course of the past few years that people still think our planet is acting normal. I live in NE Pennsylvania and before the snow storm hit us yesterday it totally wrecked the Midwest with blizzards galore and no that's not normal. Furthermore as the upper states are getting brutalized the southern states received 32 tornados. Yes boys and girls tornados....again not normal. For PA we typically average 45-48in of snow each year in the NE. Last year our total count was 8in. Not 18 or 28 it was 8. Um yeah again not normal. So far this year we received 4 by now we should have around 20.

This is but one of many and countless examples. I think I read today that Siberia is experiencing record breaking cold. Like -58 F.......yeah not normal. Last summer 68 or more tornado touchdowns in a single day over 4 states. Um yeah again, sorry but that's not normal.
edit on 28-12-2012 by masta12d because: Typos

I hate to break it to you, but nothing that has happened weather wise is anything that has ever been considered "abnormal". Rare? Sure. Nothing that hasn't happened before though...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The present complacency is just amazing.
People still think that the Mayas were some kind of primitive civilisation.
The wake up call will be on the 2nd of January 2013.
What I see is a HUGE financial chaos coming real fast.
The Fiscal Cliff is really the Stock Market Cliff.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vpjanitorial

I know I may be seen as a nut, but please don't sell your survival gear until summer. Don't get rid of your rice, or anything you did. Keep your guard up until Summer.

Summer? Don't you understand what the Great Mayan Prophecy for the white man was all about? On 12/21/2012, the Mayan Long Count calendar said bye to the cyclical period of 12th baktun and now it entered the period of the 13th baktun which will last 394.3 tropical years before the 14th baktun takes over. The white man very much understands what 13 means. 13 is an unlucky number and that means the white man, who put the natives of America through a willful genocide, will experience 394.3 unlucky years. That period will leave the white man destitute. Too bad that you moved to Indiana and didn't get the clue. White man no smart, white man history.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol
The present complacency is just amazing.
People still think that the Mayas were some kind of primitive civilisation.
The wake up call will be on the 2nd of January 2013.
What I see is a HUGE financial chaos coming real fast.
The Fiscal Cliff is really the Stock Market Cliff.

And what exactly does financial chaos have to do with the Maya exactly ?
Also "fiscal cliff" pffft...just a media/politico label. If nothing is done all that happens is austerity, which might I stress MIGHT induce a roll back into recession.

Not exactly end of the world stuff.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by goou111
you 2012ers just cant help yourself huh?

enough is enough

Its so interesting to me... multitudes of cynical scoffers seem compelled to flock to threads like these and seem programmed to parrot some cliche response, over and over again, even though they apparently "dont care" (but still feel the need to post), are convinced "nothing will happen" (a logical impossibility), and so forth.

What compels the herds of "skeptics" to jump onto every thread they see? Who are you all trying to convince repeating yourselves over and over? Others? Or yourselves?

It seems like a fear based reaction to me. That would explain the incessant need to repeatedly go on the offensive against anything that if it were to happen, might shake up the box theyve placed reality into.
edit on 12/27/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

The same can be said for the doomers and gloomers.

They just keep comming back posting the "end is here", "the end is here" (and then of course is isn't), so they come back a week later with a new "the end is here".

The reason ppl flock to these pages to denounce them is because everyone with an ounce of logic is sick and tired of new age hippies and tinfoil hat wearing losers making prophecies, even when they are proven wrong time and time again.

Sure there will be disasters and sure the earth is a little screwed up at the moment, but there is not going to be a devistating, end of all life scenario played out in out in the "very near future".

Fail after fail, these doomers need to know when to give up..!!

But of course they won't give up.

Every doomer wants to be "the ONE", "the HERO", "the DISCOVERER" of the END TIMES or the one who "leads the world into the new age". So they keep comming, each time hoping to be right and to be "The ONE"...

Something that will make them famous and give their otherwise meaningless and insignificant lives some meaning, to be a cut above the rest.

Heros get laid alot too (prolly one of the more significant reasons some geek wants to be "THE hero of earth"...

Thats all it comes down to, being "special", without realising the fact that they (each and every one), are "SPECIAL"..... "Very SPECIAL"..!!

Sorry, tis all just getting very old now !!
edit on 12/28/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by njl51
reply to post by glassspider

Your life must be pretty sweet. As for myself I don't necessarily believe everything gullible as I am. I see
more of a pattern. Oh well, so they spread rumors. It's like pressure building, both beneath our feet maybe and
within the pliable structures of society as a whole. Somethings got to give..question is how is it all going to end?
Give up your guns, submit to total control and after while you'll realize what happened and wish a tsunami
had taken us out. Scary is what could happen in this life..terrifying is where you choose to spend eternity.

my life is pretty sweet yeah. the fact that the op didnt come back to the thread and left you all bickering suggests that what i wrote was most likely right. If you want to defend the people who keep making ridiculous threads to mock people help yourself but it is destroying what was once a decent website. Its top heavy now with hit and run threads designed to get people arguing and since some people are desperate to believe anything that takes responsibility from them and want life to be some kind of magical adventure where psychics can tell the future and arent con artists and you can have a nice chat with your previous incarnations.it works every time.

ive lived in spain england scotland portugal and netherlands so have never had a gun to take nor would i want one thanks i can see what they are doing to other societies thanks you can keep em
so no not living in fear of them coming to take my guns either.not sure why you thought i would.

and as for where i spend eternity another fear i dont have since i didnt spend my life being brainwashed by twisted religions. i will be cremated and given back to the earth my brain will be destroyed so i will be at peace not sitting on a cloud watching the living or downstairs with a pitch fork up my bum. these are childrens stories just like the end of the world predictions. nothing to see. hope i covered all your random points. if you see patterns look at the pattern of these hit and run ridicule threads.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I agree "something" is going to happen. Not only that, but "things" are accelerating. So, where does that lead? Ride the wave, be aware, and check your experience. Be fiercely loyal to it. All is well.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yet another thread that will be forgotten.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Today is the antepenultimate of NYE.

Still no disaster in sight.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The most basic understanding of things is that all things are cyclic. Nothing really is new under the sun within that context. It has long been understood that we exist in a world of imperminence ( and for some, deficiency). Change is always happening. It seems dramatic to us but is merely a matter of fact to 'What Is'. The garment we wear will not last forever, humanity will not last forever, earth will not last forever, etc. as we know it, they will become other things until that process is ceased, if ever. Such is the nature of this world.

The wheel ever turns, seasons come and go. These are the patterns of the Great Pattern which was long observed by the ancients in regards to this world, you also have other levels of reality which have their pattern. So now that we know nothing lasts in this world as we know it at present, why tremble at what will be (and no, this dosn't mean making the world a better place is for nought)? Why not instead cultivate what matters such as coming to a Gnowing of ourselves and shinning that Light within outwards? But i'm rambling.

As for the complaints about skeptics, i'm glad they are here, they make us step up our game and not grow too cozy lest we should stray from our Journey of Truth and backslide into our own self importance and hold too dear to the things which ought not be held too tightly.

That's my two cents (not much considering inflation).

edit on 29-12-2012 by Arles Morningside because: Because my typing sux.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

The OP isn't the only one who senses some bad things are coming soon...
Jessica Caracciolo is a psychic medium who has many predictions come true. Here is her latest update:
Source: jessicacaracciolo.wordpress.com...

On another note- the energy is getting worse, it shifted about a week ago and continues to get worse. The anxiety it is producing keeps intensifying and getting even stronger. Make sure you take good care of yourself and do deep breathing. I find gentle yoga helps and eating simple things- the less complicated foods you eat, the more your body will probably thank you- because it doesn’t have to work as hard to process the food. The anxiety is driving me nuts and frankly my stomach hates it too. I am doing everything I can to help it but it isn’t easy being so energetically sensitive. Just do the foot grounding technique from Robyn, along with her method of putting your heart in either a rose or lotus flower, and commanding “radiance” and visualize yourself surrounded by it. Also try and put yourself in a large coat type thing like feety pajamas with a hood so you are totally covered over with good energy and blocking. Now is the time to really amp up the protection because it is needed big time.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

What exactly am I supposed to fear from this energy she speaks about?

And if not asking for too much, could you give a couple of precise predictions she has made.

TY in advance.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by sled735

And if not asking for too much, could you give a couple of precise predictions she has made.

TY in advance.

Not spreading fear. Just telling people to be prepared.

Most all of her predictions are on her website that I linked. But, the one that sticks out in my mind is her predicting Hurricane Sandy and it hitting the East coast of the U.S.
And she also predicted the snow blizzard that just hit the North West states of the U.S.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by sled735

TY in advance.

Not spreading fear. Just telling people to be prepared.

Most all of her predictions are on her website that I linked. But, the one that sticks out in my mind is her predicting Hurricane Sandy and it hitting the East coast of the U.S.
And she also predicted the snow blizzard that just hit the North West states of the U.S.

Do you not see how circular and stupid this is though? How is it not spreading fear? If I spend everyday speaking of some "negative energy" and telling people they need to be ready for "change" or "tribulation" or "struggle" or "scary times", I will be able to pinpoint at LEAST 100 things per day that I could attribute to the "negative energy" I "sensed". Do you not see how stupid this is? She predicted Hurricane Sandy? OMG!!!! A Freaking Psychic? How could she have possibly predicted a ************************** hurricane!!!!! SHE PREDICTED A BLIZZARD IN THE MIDWEST (that wasn't even the worst "blizzard" in the last 15 years)!!!!!! OMG SHE REALLY DOES SEE INTO THE FUTURE! WE ARE DOOMED! You might not be fear mongering yourself, but you sure buy into the fear mongering of others.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join