It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"2012" is still happening… don't be deceived.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Nope not even that. Just another Friday in a long line of Fridays.. Just another day in the life.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You know what ? I hope this does happen. To your house !

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by vpjanitorial I assure you we will see destruction like never before by the end of spring.

this wouldn't surprise me in the least. the earth is in tumult.

the earth has been in tumult since time immemorial.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
reply to post by vpjanitorial

God has revealed that it will be done by Penecost 2013 (May 19th) so your advice is totally correct, and your understanding of the level of destruction is accurate, by next summer it will be fulfilled, the end of the age of mankind's self rule will be accomplished and the Kindom of God will reign over all the Earth.

What god do you serve? Clearly Jesus said no man knows the day nor hour. And yet, you're pulling dates out of the ground like it has some significant meaning.

Why do people like yourself believe in these prediction dates, though these predictions never come to pass?
edit on 28-12-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Since we dont need to convince ourselves of what is really real I guess the reason we are here is to convince you but thats not even true. I have no problem telling someone when they are being silly. Thats why I come. To tell you folks you're nuts. In case you didnt know it already.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well I will bet $2800 that over the next few months there will be extreme weather events, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions etc and thousands will die around the world as a consequence.

As happened last year. And the year before. And the year before that ....

Take me up if you like. It's your bet

You can contact me via my blog, linked in my sig

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, 2012 is still happening.

Until Monday night. Then 2013 will be happening.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You're so silly.
Fear? Really ? You think those who know that this whole 2012 thing was a large scam are actually living in fear that this might be true? No honey we're not. Feet firmly planted here on terra firma in the land of reality.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Well I will bet $2800 that over the next few months there will be extreme weather events, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions etc and thousands will die around the world as a consequence.

Gambling? I thought you guys claimed to be decent, spiritual people. Yet you're taking bets on predictions?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

If someone offered you a bet on a 200lb emerald, wrapped in leopard skins, materialising out of thin air on your boss's head during a staff meeting at exactly 9.03am tomorrow morning - when you knew no staff meeting would take place, would you take up the bet or what?

Conversely, would you bet on it not raining anywhere in the world tomorrow? If so, please get in touch

edit on 28-12-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

The Mayans were right about what? Firstly most of what the Mayans wrote was destroyed by Cortez and his men. We have the piddly amount that we do have thanks to some soldiers who thought the writings may be important. If not for those all of the Mayans teaching would have been lost to history. The fact that most of what they wrote and believed was destroyed leaves big gaping holes in the material that is left. Any conslusions that are arrived at with this information have to be suspect.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

And investigation on an intelligent level will reveal a lot too.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

you are correct. Most historians will admit to basing almost all we know of south American cultures of less than a handful of texts written BY SPANIARDS. This is starting to change since some other material has survived. There is a long way to go though and complete understanding of these peoples might be beyond us already. Not enough has survived.

It is clear that the church and Spain didn't want to look bad, or feel bad about the conquest so they REALLY skewed the historical perspective of the pre-colombian peoples. Their real wealth of knowledge is lost I am afraid.
It was burned by the church almost in its entirety.

Here is this little tit bit about what is known of the Aztecs, it is not that far off though from the Mya or the other cultures. Same deal.--------------------

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by kyviecaldges

You are correct on a few things. The codices were poorly written by the unfinished and young apprentice scribes to the Aztecs. They were chosen because they were literate and so could learn Latin and read scripture. They were to be priests themselves to their conquered people.

They did not remember how to even speak their language with the same skill as before since years had already passed since the burnings.(OF THEIR BOOKS-ZED EDIT) They were kids remembering what they practiced a year or three ago.

The codices aren't really about sacrifice. I don't remember which do contain an explanation if any of sacrifice. They are more about time and Aztec customs. a few lessons and myths they recalled that were probably oral history Anyways.

The elites libraries which were the real wealth of information about these sacrifices was lost. Priests scribes and rulers were the first killed. Their kids were stolen from them and made Catholic priests at gun point.

We just don't know. Consider this. If all our written language was lost and a future culture were to discover our house of worship, they would see we worshiped a tortured cadaver nailed to a cross, and we drink his blood and eat his flesh. That is what the few inscriptions and images would tell them.

edit on 20-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

and this

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Unity_99

here is one site that lists the official sources historians base their interpretation on. It also goes into detail about what the Aztecs say happened. This is the intro.

On November 8, 1519, the Spanish conquistadors first entered the great city of Mexico, the metropolis the Aztecs had built on a lake island. Don Hernando Cortes, who was accompanied by six hundred Spaniards and a great many native allies, at last could see for himself the temples and palaces about which he had heard so many marvels. The Spaniards arrived from the direction of Tlalpan, to the south of the city, passing across one of the wide causeways that connected the island with the mainland.

When they reached a locality known as Xoloco, they were welcomed by the last of the Motecuhzomas, who had come out to meet them in the belief that the white men must be Quetzalcoatll and other gods, returning at last from across the waters now known as the Gulf of Mexico. Thus Cortes and his men entered the city, not only as guests, but also as gods coming home. It was the first direct encounter between one of the most extraordinary pre-Columbian cultures and the strangers who would eventually destroy it.

Cortes landed on the coast at Veracruz on Good Friday, April 22, 1519; the Aztec capital surrendered to him on August 13, 1521. The events that took place between these two dates have been recounted in a number of chronicles and other writings, of which the best known are the letters Cortes wrote to King Charles V and the True History of the Conquest of Mexico by Bernal Diaz del Castillo. These two works, along with a few others also written by Spaniards, until now have been almost the only basis on which historians have judged the conquest of one of the greatest civilizations in pre-Columbian America.

But these chronicles present only one side of the story, that of the conquerors. For some reason-scorn, perhaps-historians have failed to consider that the conquered might have set down their own version in their own language.

This book is the first to offer a selection from those indigenous accounts, some of them written as early as 1528, only seven years after the fall of the city. These writings make up a brief history of the Conquest as told by the victims, and include passages written by native priests and wise men who managed to survive the persecution and death that attended the final struggle. The manuscripts from which we have drawn are now preserved in a number of different libraries, of which the most important are the National Library in Paris, the Laurenziana Library in Florence and the library of the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City.
ambergriscaye.com...

So what can people really know about the Maya? Even modern day Maya are a broken people with little to knowledge about their ancient customs and myths compared to their original splendor.

edit on 28-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hi Vp

Of what value is insight if there is nothing that can be done? If there is something that can be done regarding an event, why would we not do it? If insight is a catalyst towards a resolving action of an impending event, then why not just do what is right?

Its fun to talk about the mysteries of being...yet perhaps better to act in such a way that bears good fruit...all of the time. There are many who do not look for some kind of signal as a call into action, but live each day bringing forward positive results. As to your thread, you have sunk the hook, so why not reel them in? Bring forward your pearls of wisdom and toss them at us swines (smile).

At best a few bags of rice and a bomb shelter will do little towards a global event. Fear is over rated and being replaced by peace, hope and faith. I'll be one of the first to take up arms if an invading force lands upon our shores and seeks to enslave us...however strongly believe that I would never ship myself off to be cannon fodder for some "perceived" nobel effort towards world peace.

If there is a point I am trying to make (smile) is that being prepared for what you are putting forward (as little as it is) is a delusion. At best that preparedness comes from within.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Give it a rest already!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

We didnt have any big events this year that killed thousands. Not even an event that killed hundreds. Its been a quiet year disaster wise. I think Sandy was the biggest story of the year in disasters and that didnt kill hundreds. It put hundreds out on the street without a roof over their head and a few people did die but as disasters go its been a quiet year.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Yes, like moths to a lamp, they insist on inserting themselves where they really have no business being at all.

So people that do not believe in any of the 2012 gibberish that has been posted on ATS and a multitude of other sites have no business discussing it?......really?

What sort of site do you think ATS would be if only members who agreed with each other had "business" posting on any given thread here?

A natural disaster on a massive scale simply CANNOT happen in my lifetime now because I walked right into that thread and told that guy how it is! Yep. I threw every ounce of logic I could muster into this argument, and I won!"

Show me one post from any member here who has said that a natural disaster on a massive scale simply CANNOT happen......and if you can find one then that member is a clown.
Massive natural disasters can, have and will happen.....what can't happen is people predicting them.

And for the record, I and many other members here do have an interest in the 2012 story, I too have carried out extensive research on the subject, it's just that my conclusions are based on logic and common sense and actual facts......I have seen lots of predictions made here on ATS over the years, all based on flawed logic and poor research, and I have "inserted" myself into many of those threads because I'm interested in the mind set of the people who make them and believe them.

I too have made my own predictions.....that all of the 2012 claims (and a host of other silly prophecies) were not only wrong, but were complete tosh........to date I have a 100% success rate with my predictions.....how about you?
edit on 28/12/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

We didnt have any big events this year that killed thousands. Not even an event that killed hundreds. Its been a quiet year disaster wise.

Really? How short your memory

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit: not a direct criticism of you: not all major disasters get widespread media publicity.
edit on 28-12-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

Your life must be pretty sweet. As for myself I don't necessarily believe everything gullible as I am. I see
more of a pattern. Oh well, so they spread rumors. It's like pressure building, both beneath our feet maybe and
within the pliable structures of society as a whole. Somethings got to give..question is how is it all going to end?
Give up your guns, submit to total control and after while you'll realize what happened and wish a tsunami
had taken us out. Scary is what could happen in this life..terrifying is where you choose to spend eternity.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We will never understand why 'you' - speaking to the fellow ATS members - find it justified in your very being to post such comments completely off topic, with the intent to criticize the OP. All you are doing is 'up-ing' your post count, your negative and meaningless comments serve absolutely no purpose besides constant flame wars.

May the Light reach you all with no obstacle in it's path, other than your own ego's.

Very good post, OP.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join