It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has The Entire World Gone Full On Stupid Or What?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I don't just see it here, I see it offline in reality as well.
It's like the world celebrates stupidity now. The more ignorant it is, the more people love it. We used to embrace that which enlightened...

The only thing that bothers me about the boards lately, is an intolerance for a differing opinion.
EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion on a subject but some feel the need to differ which includes calling you names and beating your ideas out of you with insults.
Seems to give them their jolly's by shaking somebody else's tree in an attempt to uproot them in some way.
IMHO that is the height of ignorance. When you can't discuss or debate a topic without getting your feathers ruffled and spewing out soon to be removed posts it's not the one you are debating with that's the problem, it's you.
Check your attitude at the door.
It's pretty bad when many members admit they'd rather lurk than chance delving into a thread where they might get slammed.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WrathShadow

I hear you brother. I recently joined after years of lurking because of the decreasing quality of reasoning evident here. I thought, it's time to stop whinging to myself about the post quality and make a contribution myself.

Sometimes I see a post and I think, "how do you even know how to breath?"

The UFO debunkers and skeptics get awful treatment here. I felt their pain earlier in the year when ATS was inundated with threads of chinese lanterns. Then there's this particular type of US poster who seams perfectly normal and rational under most circumstances but becomes a frothing rapid dog when any non-american dares criticise the USA or her military.

It's sad but true that fewer and fewer people engage any kind of logical or analytical thought when going about their daily lives, and that is reflected even here, a place where a higher percentage of people than the general population claim to be 'awake'.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Star and flag for you.....
If it wasn't for some of the more specialized forums I would have left already.
The ignorance, hatred and common decency toward each other is terrible lately.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes, there are people with large egos... but here's the thing.

Most of the time when a not-intelligent person thinks an intelligent person is rubbing their ego in their face, they're actually just trying to BE CORRECT. Don't take being wrong so personally - the way to develop intelligence is to learn from mistakes.

The reason the conspiracy theory community is the laughing stock of the world is because of all the stupid ideas people put out there, all the people who believe something is 'proof' when it is no such thing.

It's incredibly easy to create a sound logical argument for something like 'the case that a small few control the world and seek to continue/further that control', but it's impossible to be taken seriously because of all the absolutely nuts ideas/presentations of 'proof' out there.

So please.. if you feel like you're being beaten on for being unintelligent.. go read a book about 'critical argument and reasoning' or 'logic' or honestly just read any book. They all help.
Listen to people when they genuinely tell you you're wrong - try to understand why you're wrong.

The conspiracy theory realm doesn't need some great exposure of information, it just needs its arguments to be well formulated. We don't have enough to prove some things outright, but we have enough to make a convincing case of plausability if presented properly.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning

But i somewhat agree

Here i the thing, the world has indeed gone mad and has been spiraling out of control for some time. For the past several decades we have become inundated and unethical as a society here and abroad. I come here for the comedy value these days anyway... the fringe never ceases to amaze me. All though you can uncover some fascinating articles and thought provoking discussions , it has, and has always been well... meh... a mixed pot of crazy here on ATS. I would not take ATS as some sort of gospel of truth to begin with.

People are just frustrated, detached from reality and ATS is somewhat a confessional booth for some and for others much like when school is out a place for tall tales, lore and fantasy where they can find some sort of compatibility with others making connections and such. I would take everything with a grain of salt as offensive or as mind numbing it may seem. I am sure most of these people are probably decent people from a life of normalcy. When they log off and go back to a job they love or hate they are just like me and you. We all need to vent and sometimes flame sometimes. The idea of DOOM would have set them free from the ugliness in life, but they just do not know how to really live and i suppose that the idea of some astronomical event and or disaster makes them feel special.

You cant help them, only they can anything else is a disservice
edit on 29-12-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Because conspiracy theory has now become a fad, so all the trolls and wannabes and people under 15 have flocked here and screwed up the boards.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Did the failure of 12/21 to end the world provoke the insipid to try and make it happen anyway?

Maybe that's how the world ends.... not in a great fire...

But in the great stupiding!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Has anyone notice the rise of new members in 2012? I’m thinking with all the craziness associated with Dec 21, 2012, it brought in a LOT of new people who were really affected and freaked out by the whole 2012 thing. Maybe now that it has come and gone, a lot of these people will just move on to other things.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Because conspiracy theory has now become a fad, so all the trolls and wannabes and people under 15 have flocked here and screwed up the boards.

Nixie is correct... couple that with the fact that only the rational parts of each of us ascended on 2012.. ( except those of us who covered ourselves in KY and tinfoil for that 24 hr period) we're in the poo.

Seriously though, Ive had to take a little step back from ATS lately. RL stuff and annoyance with a few things that have happened as of late on ATS. I want my fun and informative past time back with posters I enjoy dammit. I demand everyone suck it up and be cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join