It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has The Entire World Gone Full On Stupid Or What?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah. I know I don't post much. I lurk. That's the most comfortable fit for me here. I like to sit back, read, watch, learn, and soak it all in. This has been my pattern for quite a long time. Some of you actually feel, to me, as if you were friends. That is how familiar some of you are.

So please understand that this comes from a place of love and is only directed as those who is applies to - so don't automatically feel I am speaking to you. Well, unless the shoe fits.

HAVE YOU PEOPLE LOST YOUR DAMNED MINDS? WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU? FOR LIKE TWO STRAIGHT WEEKS I HAVE SEEN MORE IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY HERE THAN IN THE FOUR OR FIVE YEARS PREVIOUS!!!

For the love of all that is holy. It's like GLP and 4chan both purged at the same moment, while both pointed here. I have never seen so much condensed and concentrated freaking dumb before. Did the failure of 12/21 to end the world provoke the insipid to try and make it happen anyway? A whole "Well, damn, no apocalypse??? NOT ON MY WATCH!!!"

Man up and grow a pair people. This is just sad.

Now I will go back to lurking again, feeling much better if not a bit guilty. Part of me feels that lurkers shouldn't have opinions. Part of me, on the other hand, well sometimes a person just has to let it out and stand.

/lurker mode activated.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WrathShadow

And now you go lurk again? Waiting for all the dumb posts to continue?

I think the energy feels weird.. I have been off my game for the last week.
People are maybe feeling like they are waiting for something, to hold on to, and until they pick something the board has lost some identity after dec 21 2012..

It comes and goes in waves..

Why don't you stick around and post back?
Tell more of your story?
Spread some intelligence?

Lurking just leaches bandwidth, if not for some purpose... Right?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The mayans predicted the end of the civilized world.

We are now quickly devolving back into swamp-fish-monkeys.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Im a bit offended you didnt just send U2U and felt the need to make a thread to embarrass me.

Ive been a bit sick the last few days and I guess its affected me a bit, Sorry

Ill try do better from now on

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thank you. I've been hinting at that for a long time. you can't call people morons in a thread, the mods will delete your post, even though many people on here need to be made aware that they are in fact morons.

Logic and common sense have been removed from public education and now you're seeing the results. It's much easier to control a hysterical idiot than calm genius. Schooling people in here is like trying to light up a coal mine with a night light. You can see the night light, but the mine is still dim as hell.
edit on 27-12-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It is feeling downright Heavenly at times, isn't it? I hope the owners gave the mods something nice for Christmas. I can only imagine that if we're seeing as much as we are ...what the total actually is that they're dealing with is enormous. I've noticed new additions among the Mod crew too. People I know here and trust and appreciate seeing there....and so I wonder even more just how busy they must really be staying.

Then again, the traffic stats on the Forum page ...down there on the right side...are staggering to consider. Hopefully the less serious folks.....to be nice on all this.....will be discouraged and move on themselves. It's a hope anyway.

(Of course...I feel appropriately shamed myself..like the Kitty up there said...and shall go flog myself with a bushel of rotten carrots to consider my place in all this for awhile.
)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This clip comes to mind as to what has been transpiring as of late.

edit on 12/27/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's too bad the people that need to hear it the most are the ones that skim over the thread declaring, "You can't possibly mean ME! I am not like what you describe, you mean someone else."

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I personally dislike that (some members) on ATS...feel that they are superior in intelligence...and to them many on ATS are dumb. They have a need (with their inflated ego's) to let us all know...that we are not in their league of intelligence.

One of the things that I have always liked about ATS is the diversity in viewpoints and information.

People on ATS come from varying backgrounds in education etc. and some people have had more advantages in their upbringing

However that does not make them superior to others.

People who have been blessed with much should be kind and patient with those that haven't.

I welcome the diversity of people on ATS; and I realize (all people have value); and what they have to say is important to them; and they are reaching out to others; trying to express themselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Never said I was smart. In fact, I'll admit that I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. To clarify, I am not disparaging the natural intellect of anyone, anywhere. I am ranting about their behavior. You are discussing capacity for intellect. I am discussing the exercise or lack thereof said intellect.

Relax, I definitely was not talking about you anyway. Condescension and passive aggression are subjects I'm saving for next time.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Agreed, but there is a stark difference between having a differing opinion and providing a compelling argument, and ignorant trolling. When it comes to certain matters, there is a reality that a lot of people are not willing to grasp, whether it be that they are ignorant and incapable of processing it, or they actively support that reality.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Never said I was smart. In fact, I'll admit that I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. To clarify, I am not disparaging the natural intellect of anyone, anywhere. I am ranting about their behavior. You are discussing capacity for intellect. I am discussing the exercise or lack thereof said intellect. Relax, I definitely was not talking about you anyway. Condescension and passive aggression are subjects I'm saving for next time.

Dude relax, she wasnt talking about you she was talking about me!!!!!

Not everythings about you you know.

BTW Im still upset you felt the need to make this thread about me

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WrathShadow

Never said I was smart. In fact, I'll admit that I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. To clarify, I am not disparaging the natural intellect of anyone, anywhere. I am ranting about their behavior. You are discussing capacity for intellect. I am discussing the exercise or lack thereof said intellect.

Relax, I definitely was not talking about you anyway. Condescension and passive aggression are subjects I'm saving for next time.

I'm not the most popular guy on ATS because I refuse to candy-coat anything. I am direct and sometimes harsh, and it rubs a lot of people the wrong way. However, I have been walking around experiencing this effed up world a lot longer than most of the people on here, and I do happen to have a high IQ. That does not make me superior in any way, but it does make me more experienced and more likely to have correct information. That is not ego talking, either. If you met me in person you would see that I am very humble and show much deference to others. I also do not show unwarranted admiration for people who think they deserve it because they are famous or wealthy, whatever the case may be, I'm not always right, either, but when I don't know about a particular subject, I don't pretend that I do, either. I also admit when I am wrong, which the majority of ATSers do NOT do.

That about cover it, Cal?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Maybe you took the OP a bit too personally? You have to admit that your mindset and beliefs are going to be totally opposed by someone Else's...Always. That's just the way it rolls.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Maybe you took the OP a bit too personally? You have to admit that your mindset and beliefs are going to be totally opposed by someone Else's...Always. That's just the way it rolls.

I do not feel that the OP was directed at me personally; before I replied I read all that was written; and I replied with my opinions.

People are always going to agree to disagree; that is true and a part of life; as in this thread for instance.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

People who have been blessed with much should be kind and patient with those that haven't.

When referring to ATS, I just want people to have a logical point and to not get their panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with their beliefs.

If I don't know something I'll be the first to admit it without attacking a person for showing me some truth.
edit on 12/27/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WrathShadow

Has the Entire World Gone Full On Stupid, Or What?
HAVE YOU PEOPLE LOST YOUR DAMNED MINDS? WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU? FOR LIKE TWO STRAIGHT WEEKS I HAVE SEEN MORE IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY HERE THAN IN THE FOUR OR FIVE YEARS PREVIOUS!!!
It's like GLP and 4chan both purged at the same moment, while both pointed here. I have never seen so much condensed and concentrated freaking dumb before. Did the failure of 12/21 to end the world provoke the insipid to try and make it happen anyway?...

In answer to the Thread Title - YES!

This theory is now UnDeBunkAble.

From a haze, I witnessed what appeared as "stupidity", "ignorance" and even "hysterical naivete" run amok...
But, by harrowing travail, the fog was lifted...and...what once was seen as the "stupidity of others", has firmly settled upon me.
So - be at peace.
I will keep the disease to myself, and return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I'm new here and maybe I should not be commenting but by your perceived passion with all the capital letters and all it must be true. I can obviously go through the threads to see what you are on about but I just wanted to point something out about your post. If I am not mistaken the hash mark(/) means close or end in the context you used it so the last line in your post does not make sense.

/lurker mode activated.
Is this not a contradiction unto itself?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Its the fact that we lost our identity when December 21st didn't happen. Everybody prepared for this moment for the last 4-5 years and put so much effort in preparing that all got dissapointed when the day came and went.

Its exactly how i felt when i finished high school, it was like i had no point in life anymore, my whole 12 years of studying amounted to that point and when it passed it was like my life ended in a way. (Nobody told me that college will be that hard so i have a new purpose ... to try to get 2 exams passed per year
)
edit on 29-12-2012 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This forum should only allow smart people to sign up which they will prove by personally driving to the site creators home and taking a rigorous test which will then turn into membership... as long as skeptic overlord isnt a nsa code word for nut job control farm.

How would you even know if it's just not the singularity hal 2012 multiplying fictional users in a diabolical worldwide ploy to subjugate all humanity. - you really don't.

Deny ignorance - deny membership - deny the Internets - deny, deny, deny, denied!

Or maybe just let it be, let it be.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

top topics

<<   2 >>

join