It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an Englishman without a gun and here is my view...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
as an american with a gun i would say a chainsaw is scarier. i have used chainsaws to cut firewood and i can say i fear chainsaws more than guns for the simple fact of dismemberment value and it just sounds like you're cutting up firewood. i could get hacked to death with a chainsaw after being tied down to a chair with duct tape. serial killers have used syringes full of pine sol. the focus on guns as a danger is illogical and stupid. one forest fire vs. one shot with a gun and nobody talks about matches? people are allowed garden trowels? pencils? gasoline? liquid plumber? hammers? bits of wood? watch faces of death, it will show you that there are so many ways of killing somebody that you will be scared of having a dirty home, there are so many ways to die prematurely. what about those videos of opening a car door after a car crash and somebodys brains fall out with the rest of them? knives, piano wire, a hard enough barstool, a frying pan, a 5 lb weight, a sock with a frozen orange inside and guns are a problem. anti gun people are so stupid that they don't know what awaits them when they get into their car
LOOK AT IT and you tell me how safe driving is compared to other daily activities, cars just waiting to crush anybody, waiting in their garages like wolves ready to kill

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Its funny i live outside a navy research base in the calif desert and there is a British Royal Air Force unit that trains and does testing here.

One of the things the British military guys want to do is go shooting.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I agree, with you on your point.

I myself don't own a firearm, i barely have a knife collection.

I think people who try to enforce power with guns, just lack in other departments of combat.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

ever try stabbing someone on pcp who has their own knife?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The U.S. equation is changing almost daily.

Most of the change is regional. City to city. State to state.

I've never owned any weapon/gun...until recently. Gun, rifle and AR purchases have exploded nation-wide.

Fear and it's lesser "cousin" concern, is the motivating factor....on both sides of the issue. Fear/concern of proliferation vs fear/concern of an inability to defend oneself and their families.

Diminished trust is the source of that "fear". Diminished to zero trust in our systems. Financial, political, moral, justice...the list goes on.

My personal "fears" are assuaged by, at first, two 9 mm pistols. Now two ARs(legal). All stored safely with zero desire to use or even break them out.

I call it prudence. A reasonable precaution. In the same vein as having candles for power outages. First-aid kits in the event of sudden injuries. Alternate power and cooking facilities.

Others see this as a form of paranoia. Believe me, the preppers think I'm a trusting fool.

Who's right? To what degree?

Unanswerable with any degree of consensus. Weapons are part of the American DNA. 300 million plus out there and growing daily. Violence is not desirable. Survival is...

That's what freedom is all about...it's your call. Not the government's.....

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well when the system focuses on petty crimes instead of the serious ones, it does become a problem.

I live in the G.T.A, Canada and there is probably quite a few guns around. Mainly concealed, sawed-off, or assualt rifles are banned. Usually it just shotguns and long/hunting rifle from what I know.

Less then a decade ago, it was getting pretty bad with guns, but then the government made some strict laws against illegal guns.
It would be an easy 10 year sentence.

You get hear of some shootings every now and then, but usually it pretty calm unless for certain areas.

Also, if I remember, the citizens in the states own 2/3 of all the guns in the country. Even more then military if I believe.
edit on 8-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Slowly, Canadian gun laws have been easing. Without much, if any, public announcement.

Pistols are ok IF you are a member of a "gun club". Multiple ownership is allowed as well. AR's are still out.

There is way more guns in civilian hands than the U.S. military. 2-4 million in the forces...over 300 million weapons in civilian hands.

Makes some gov't types very nervous....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join