It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate to introduce bill and it includes handguns.

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is the meat and potatos of the bill to be introduced to the senate by the one and only Dianne Feinstein...

Just thought I would share it.

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test

Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test

Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Source

edit on 27-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This will never pass the house..... I hope...

been running low on hope lately. If it does pass

COME AND GET IT!!!
edit on 27-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Notice owners of grandfathered weapons will be required to pay to register them and be fingerprinted???

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Man I cannot stand that woman, never have.
California just needs to get the F out of the union, then they can do what in the hell they want.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by camaro68ss

Notice owners of grandfathered weapons will be required to pay to register them and be fingerprinted???

Well what they don't know won't hurt them, now will it?
But feinstein is trying to ban every single gun ever manufactured, she's tried this before, and will continue to do it more.
edit on 12/27/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sad day for the 2nd amendment and our liberties if this bill is passed. I may look into buying one of these guns so I can get it grandfathered in.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Surely the SCOTUS will be able to find it UNCONSTITUTIONAL after Heller. Hopefully the black ops teams aren't watching "The Pelican Brief" over the holidays.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I can't help but notice that registry bit at the end..... Yeah.. So under her rape of the Constitution, we can't have national ID required at a voting booth but you will have a federally enforced registry of firearms?

This is California's gun laws in a nut shell..what she is proposing. I LOVE the fact that level of nanny state anti-gun extremism is a wonderful thing in HER state. It's damn near enough to fight over in the Midwest. If this passes the house...it'll make those divides among the citizens and sides too deep to ever really repair.

This isn't a compromise gun bill....This is "We get 100% of everything we've ever dreamed of...so take it and like it."

This literally can't do MORE and stay right of the Constitution.....and I highly DOUBT all the banning and "exempting" passes this Super Court anyway.

Keep something in mind....HER state doesn't have a gun ban list. It has a gun "approved" list. If your gun isn't listed by make, model AND EXTERIOR Finish....it is PRESUMED BANNED and hence a crime to possess in California. That is what this woman would LOVE to ultimately see done nationwide. That is, to not even tell us what we CANNOT have ...but to go so far as to flip it and tell us what little WE ARE PERMITTED to have by their good graces.

edit on 27-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Looks like that would account for about 98% of all firearms in the U.S.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

The SCOTUS can only find something unconstitutional if a case involving this is appealed all the way up to their level. This could take years just for this to happen if it happens at all. Then once it's there it can take awhile for it to be reviewed and have a decision rendered. You should hope that the bill isn't passed in the first place instead of relying on the SCOTUS.

I mean it was only just introduced, its got a long way to go before it becomes law. The opposing parties have to hijack the bill and add all their unnecessary riders first (:p)
edit on 27-12-2012 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Senator Dianne Feinstein has been a busy little bee while people are out on holiday. . .

I'm listening to her & other senators right now on Reauthorizing H.R. 5949 (Bush's Warrantless wiretaps & more).

Senator Dianne Feinstein is disputing the 4th amendment and saying that we need to Reauthorize H.R. 5949.

Two Senators from Oregon are standing up against D.Feinstein and supporting the 4th amendment. These two senators are arguing against making these types of decisions in secrecy and that this debate need to be made public in view of the citizens of U.S.

[my apologies for derailing thread but figured it pertained to the individual in which thread was made about]

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, as per Paul Craig Roberts, a former Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury, a total ban is coming. Here is the interview to RT.

He clearly states that we are in total police state and they are going after total ban.

Going After Guns: 'You can't have police state & armed population'

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law..."
That is the catch. You cant grandfather in anything from your grandfather, lol. Seriously, they listed that as the top point regarding the protection of hunters rights.
"Oh ya, grandfathering is still legal. But only if the gun is legal too."
I dont mind the background checks for grandfathering(or anything), but that is just bs.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

You cant count on the Supreme Court in this administration. Obama care ruling ring a bell?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JWash

I'd say it's relevant. So now we see what tyranny from the far political left looks like. I don't refer to rank and file citizens like us here. I mean the far left of the political establishment. We saw tyranny from the Right in the original creation of some of this... Now to recreate what was decried as Evil (and rightfully so) once before is no better and no justifications rejected then can work now. Wrong is wrong and this woman would seem to detest whole sections of our Constitution.

Perhaps her focus ought to just be at succession of California. After all, in all seriousness, it is one of the only states capable in production, borders for trade, internal resources and population The MAJORITY of this nation doesn't want what she's selling....and I hear the same sentiments all over these days.

She isn't looking for what even Democrats I personally know would tolerate...she's out past that by a mile or two.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I too do not believe her proposal has a chance of getting through the house. Kinda like shoot for the moon and end up on a small hill a 1/4 mile away.

Something is coming or will be passed but none of us have a crystal ball. I just hope it is not another one of those, "We have to pass it to see what is inside", type bills.

The registration part will not sit well with anyone who has read history and knows what comes next but I doubt many will do much to change whatever is passed, unless to make it more restrictive when the next psycho goes off the deep end.

Mans inhumanity to man and the propensity for stupidity is disgusting. The good, the bad, and everything in between still lives so we will have to wait and see..Now might be a good time to write your reps a respectful letter and let them know how you expect them to represent you.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The wording in this bill really makes my blood boil. She is taking the plays right out of the playbook for future confiscation. Forcing the grandfathered weapons to be registered for later confiscation is how it should read because that is the intent here.

Also according to this my savage bolt action 17hmr would now be illegal under this ban because it has a thumb hole stock.

edit on 12/27/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Man I cannot stand that woman, never have.
California just needs to get the F out of the union, then they can do what in the hell they want.

hey, wait a minute....i live in california...for every $1.61 we pay in fedral taxes, we only get back $1.00. we're getting tired of supporting other states. give us our tax money back, and we'll be glad to cut you welfare-taking thieves off, and start our own country. put up your own money, and pay your own way. just so you know, i'm not too fond of her either.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wrabbit? really?
LEFT/ RIGHT
Its all the same OWNERS moving their political pawns in the desired directions.....
The republicans cannot bring forth Gun Control or it would shatter the image we have of a two party system.....
Voila we have a democrat grab instead.....The election was certainly a sham......
Make no mistake, outright war has been declared on the American people,.....................It remains to be seen if they are conquered from within by their own traitorous goverment, and the most intense Psywar campaign the world has seen....
This is just the beginning of the coercion.....the soft push towards surrendering of ALL personal soveriegnty
as a human being.....thats what this is about.......
And it will get far more violent if DOCILE compliance is not forth comming.
People have no idea what brutal repression will be unleashed upon them should these fiends gain the right to disarm Americans.
WACO will look like a sunday school picnic.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VimanaExplorer
I posted this in another thread, as per Paul Craig Roberts, a former Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury, a total ban is coming. Here is the interview to RT.

He clearly states that we are in total police state and they are going after total ban.

Going After Guns: 'You can't have police state & armed population'

youtu.be...

Some will agree with the RT vid interview with Paul Craig Roberts others will not. A few ways of looking at the process regardless. I personally hope he is mistaken.

I am more concerned with the declared war on drugs and the narco states south of our border region which also ban guns for the innocent with predictable results.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join