US: Guns For Food At Drive-Thru After Shooting

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
news.sky.com...


Los Angeles gun owners have traded in their weapons for food vouchers worth up to $200 (£123) in a drive-thru style event brought forward after the Connecticut school shooting.

Long queues formed as people, predominantly men, handed over weapons including assault rifles and Uzis directly from their cars, in exchange for grocery store gift cards.

Police promised there would be no questions asked ...

news.sky.com...

I am really surprised by this news actually.... just look at what type of guns people had in their possession! It's like they were waiting for WW3 to arrive on their doorstep!!

UZI's . TEC 9's Big Rifles.

Seriously, I don't see the need for people to have those weapons unless they were ready to go shoot a group of people up because thats what those guns I listed are for except for the Rifles (probably deer hunters or something)... but yeh, i wonder who handed those UZI's over??

I doubt the drug lords, crime gangs handed them over so I gotta ask the question: Do you believe the streets will be safer or do you believe that those with the guns in gangs have now got the upper hand??

I guess only time will tell if we will be hearing of less gun related incidents!!
edit on Thu Dec 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS




posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Criminals who probably murdered people on their "turf" handed over the UZI's and other illegal weapons.
They get a free food $100-$200 card to sell for $75-$150 cash (or keep them) and they get to dump the murder weapon in the laps of the cops as a joke.

If the cops did their job and got rid of the gang problem, they would already have these guns off the streets.
This is LA, so I know it was not law abiding citizens that had these guns.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Uzi's lol BS.
If that was a real and "legal" Uzi the guy couldve gotten 5 times the amount by selling it to an individual or a dealer (gun dealer)
Im betting its like the case in SanFran where most of them were old single shot shotguns or rusted bolt action rifles and most if not all were probably stolen.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty
 


Take a look at the photos on the skynews website (if you didnt).

I'm thinking the same as you though... those UZI's have come from the street surely but who would just hand em over?? they will have finger prints all over the weapons which i'm betting will be analysed to see if any bullets found in a crime scene match any of those guns and then the fingerprints analysed to ee who they belonged to...



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog
 


Take a look at the photos on the skynews website (if you didnt).

I'm thinking the same as you though... those UZI's have come from the street surely but who would just hand em over?? they will have finger prints all over the weapons which i'm betting will be analysed to see if any bullets found in a crime scene match any of those guns and then the fingerprints analysed to See who they belonged to...

Yes... they could also be fake photos!

NOTE TO MODS: THIS IS A COPY OF MY LAST MESSAGE BECAUSE BASICALLY I GUESS I WAS LZY IN COPYING JUGGERNOG'S POST TO PASTE INTO THE POST ABOVE THIS ONE.

PLEASE DONT REMOVE.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Uzi's lol BS.
If that was a real and "legal" Uzi the guy couldve gotten 5 times the amount by selling it to an individual or a dealer (gun dealer)
Im betting its like the case in SanFran where most of them were old single shot shotguns or rusted bolt action rifles and most if not all were probably stolen.



The OP's article doesn't state it, but this: Source story says that they were mostly old "mom and pop" guns, like old shotguns and hunting rifles, but they managed to get a "Few semi auto's off the street"


Personally, it's cool if you get rid of some old crappy guns that don't work, but I'm scared they will use this as leverage on people who desperately need food or money.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


I did, well the latimes photos.. Although I didnt see an Uzi, I did see a Remington 1100 shotty, nice gun a Chinese SKS very nice but cheap gun and a few M4 clones. They had to be stolen since an AR15 can go for 2000 bucks new and used.
However, the majority of them were "junk" for the most part.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A $200 gift card for an AUTOMATIC weapon? Give me a break. It's a federal offense to have one without having a class 3 license. Not to mention most automatic weapons fetch prices up to $10,000.

Edit* just realized it was a report from Sky News. Now it makes sense why they don't know what automatic and semi automatic means.
edit on 27-12-2012 by MJZoo because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
no gang banger/thug/criminal in thier right mind would hand over a dirty weapon. Most are disposed of immediatly after the crime. Or sold cheaply.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have serious doubt that all those are real. These people are trying to paint a picture of success. Even if the truth has to be "massaged" a bit.

Furthermore, how many burglaries is this causing? Do they think that it is outside the realm of possibility that crooks will now steal guns from law abiding citizens to get a better deal with free food than they would get if they hocked the firearm on the street?

Unintended consequences can be worse than the problem you are trying to fix.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Mall parking lots were packed with after-Christmas shoppers. But nowhere were the lines longer than at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena and the Masonic Temple, where thousands of people came to exchange their guns for Ralphs gift cards.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty
 


How do you know that folks that don't abide by the law are the ones who owned these guns?

You see, that's why I find most gun nuts/2nd amendment supporters to be just that: NUTS.

The pro-gun lobby is the last stand of the WASP male in an ever-changing demographic such as the U.S. I can't find anyone who's more pro-gun than a middle class to rich white male homeowner.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
A $200 gift card for an AUTOMATIC weapon? Give me a break. It's a federal offense to have one without having a class 3 license. Not to mention most automatic weapons fetch prices up to $10,000.

Edit* just realized it was a report from Sky News. Now it makes sense why they don't know what automatic and semi automatic means.
edit on 27-12-2012 by MJZoo because: (no reason given)


You are right. it does seem bit fake!!

WOW... The things politicians will do to try to make everyone feel better!!

However, I would like proper proof that these are fake if anyone is nearby... can go check



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


I did, well the latimes photos.. Although I didnt see an Uzi, I did see a Remington 1100 shotty, nice gun a Chinese SKS very nice but cheap gun and a few M4 clones. They had to be stolen since an AR15 can go for 2000 bucks new and used.
However, the majority of them were "junk" for the most part.


I agree that the pistols did look old and junky but those semi-automatics?? dont look like junk to me... look like they are straight out of the museum!



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by GunzCoty
 


How do you know that folks that don't abide by the law are the ones who owned these guns?

You see, that's why I find most gun nuts/2nd amendment supporters to be just that: NUTS.

The pro-gun lobby is the last stand of the WASP male in an ever-changing demographic such as the U.S. I can't find anyone who's more pro-gun than a middle class to rich white male homeowner.


Actually, minority ownership of firearms and involvement in the shooting sports is actual growing quite fast. You must remember that the first gun control laws in the US were of the Jim Crow era where states did not want the recently emancipated African Americans from being able to defend themselves. It is much easier for idiots in white sheets to terrorise and intimidate unarmed people.

Racist basis for gun control
edit on 27-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)


Ken Blanchard: Black Man WIth a Gun
edit on 27-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag
 


Its LA, do you know the gun laws there?
That's why it can't be law abiding citizens.
And if you think someone who supports the 2nd amendment, or any amendment is nuts, then you must think 90-98% of Americans are nuts.

That alone would only show one, or more of the following.
#1 You're not American
#2 You're ignorant (of laws, freedom, rights, terms and/or definitions)
#3 You're part of the "slave race" (people who believe their masters will protect them, give them food,money.etc.)




I can't find anyone who's more pro-gun than a middle class to rich white male homeowner.

Can you prove this racist quote?

In m opinion, I wold say you fall under numbers 1,2, and 3, but that is only an opinion.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag
 





I can't find anyone who's more pro-gun than a middle class to rich white male homeowner.


Yea? Why dont you ask those lower class black gangbangers in compton.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The sheep line up and turn in their protection.

And trade them for a few days of sheep-chow.

What will they trade when that sheep-chow runs out and they need more?

Their freedom.



posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4
 


What makes you believe that people are handing in all their guns?
People may inherit guns, be given guns or even buy more guns, that does not mean that they need 20 guns to protect themselves.

some people probably handed in their guns because they thought it was their moral obligation, but many others would keep theirs and just get a bit of cash for the ones they dont want or use any more.



posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by davjan4
 


What makes you believe that people are handing in all their guns?
People may inherit guns, be given guns or even buy more guns, that does not mean that they need 20 guns to protect themselves.

some people probably handed in their guns because they thought it was their moral obligation, but many others would keep theirs and just get a bit of cash for the ones they dont want or use any more.


Looking at the table thats what happened. They took guns that would barely go for what the police offerred or were worth even less or just broken and took the money. Its what any sensible capitalist would have done. Oh, now people were supposed to do the right thing of a sudden and hand in a fine AR-15 worth 2000 for 200? How come the average shmuch is expected to do the right thing, while those whom command a lot of money make it hard on the country by exporting jobs and hard on the people where those jobs are exported by directly backing an right less environment for the workers in those countries to keep work cheap?


Originally posted by davjan4
The sheep line up and turn in their protection.

And trade them for a few days of sheep-chow.

What will they trade when that sheep-chow runs out and they need more?

Their freedom.



No they didnt. They took a 50 Dollar gun and came away with 100 dollars worth of food. I wouldnt want my life to depend on any that I see in both those pics.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
2

log in

join