It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy sailors sue Japan for lying about Fukushima radiation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
How do you sue a foreign Country using the US legal system?

edit on 28-12-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
So while post people think, that the authorities attempt to obfuscate the true extend of radiation damage, you come with the real truth and say they really try to exagerate the radiation damage?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Your post about the radiation levels being significantly lower than in most places (I didn't quote because it was so long, but on page 1), the off-site content quoted states extremely low readings, yet calls the "disaster" an attack, and an act of sabotage. So what would the point be? Just an inconvenience, a handful of deaths, and monetary losses? Who went through all that trouble for such a minor (relatively) outcome?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
That's what I was thinking. The USS Ronald Reagan surely has geiger counters and other means of measuring radiation.

However, it is very difficult for these sailors to sue the US government, due to a 1946 Federal Tort Claims Act which severely limits the ability of enlisted personnel to sue Uncle Sugar.

This seems like they are going after the secondary guilty party in order to secure money, as they can't go after the party who put them in harm's way. Just a thought.

General-electric is responsible for the safety of their design
and technology. If anything, GE should be in court. . . .
Irresponsible for u.s military to unnecessarily put
people in harms way.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

There are no PTB or ongoing Psy Ops...this is an opportunity for a lawyer to make some money at the expense of some poor bastard....doesn't mean this is going anywhere...it's just someone trying to sue someone..happens all the time in the private and public sector just as though their were some who tried and sue the government for exposure to chemicals...you have more money than the government or it's a slow media day you can get the attention...pretty simple...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let's be honest.. they are only after free money/ big score.

Sailors from USS Ronald Reagan.... Nimitz-class nuclear-powered supercarrier located 100 miles away from Fukushima are suing. ]

While we're at it, we might as well encourage firefighters to sue homeowners for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Price for the gamble: $350 to file complaint. And millions of dollars if they win...

edit on 28/12/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
WE need to back our Service men and Women , they are so often lied to and used ..THE word needs to be sent far of this and the public should demand action , how dare the Japanese ,GM and the USA lie to everyone about the events surrounding Fukishima ..Witch im sure is far worse then most people think or know ..I wish the Sailors the best with this

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

I think its a piece of a bigger picture , MILLIONS were lied to and GM and Japan and the US all tried a text book cover up ...I feel anyone affected by this has a right to raise there voice but to be honest id rather see the civilians at Ground Level and those who were evacuated and exposed to the radiation receive a pay day ..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
And the worst party about this is that they will win... the americans showed their colors when the disaster happened... the twitter/facebook was disgusting because a lot of americans was doing high-five of pure joy, few still live in the past /facepalm.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have a friend who's son was in the Navy and sent to the coast of Japan after the Tsunami. His hair turned white. I'm not kidding.... I can get more details later.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Interesting case, but not exactly sure what jurdistriction an American court has over a foriegn soverign nation. Oh wait, yes Im sure. None at all.

This is just a case of lawyers encouraging the case, to make themselves richer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join