It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy sailors sue Japan for lying about Fukushima radiation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

rt.com

Crewmembers from the USS Ronald Reagan filed a lawsuit in Federal Court in San Diego, California this week in an attempt to hold Japan accountable for any long-term damage they’ll caused during “Operation Tomadachi,” the spring 2011 relief effort that sent sailors near the coast of Japan to assist in the days after an earthquake and subsequent tsunami ravaged the island nation and caused a level 7 meltdown at three reactors in the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Okay, now this is an interesting twist.

Does anyone have any idea why the PTB would allow this oddity into the mix?

rt.com

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill

Okay, now this is an interesting twist.

rt.com

gotta keep the fukushima psyops going, and going, and going...

especially when Tokyo's Daily Radiation Readings Underscore the Fallacy of the Fukushima Radiation Hysteria (Dec. 4, 2012)

There are eight radiation detection stations evenly spread around Tokyo prefecture. Each monitoring station reports the hourly minimum, maximum, and average reading in micro Grays per hour (or micro Sieverts. uSv). This chart shows you the summary daily readings for Toyko from March 1, 2011 through December 2, 2012. The Japan attack occured on March 11, 2011. You will notice from the chart that the radiation levels in Tokyo didn't show an uptick in readings until March 15, 2011 when the average reading went from 0.0341 uGy/h to 0.109 uGy/h. They then dropped somewhat for a week and rose again above 0.100 uGy/h for a period of exactly ONE week from March 23 through March 31, 2011. This ONE week period represents the HIGHEST radiation readings that have been recorded in Tokyo since the sabotage events orchestrated at the Daiichi Nuclear power station took place on March 11 and 12 of 2011. You will notice from March 31, 2011 until December 2, 2012 that the radiation readings have steadily and consistently fallen back towards the pre-attack radiation background levels.

There is nothing even remotely dangerous or worrying about these radiation readings. They are well below the average daily radiation background readings at many populated areas of this planet. The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health added all of the daily readings from the date of the attack until roughly one year later and concluded that Tokyo residents would have experienced no more than 24 micro Sieverts of radiation. Compare that to the normal 400 micro Sieverts per year that people experience in Japan from radon gas exposure.

Anyone can look at the radiation monitoring data in all of Japan, and in Fukushima prefecture especially, and see that the hysteria and angst generated by Japan radiation promoters on rense.com or enenews.com, or any of the dozens of blogs who mirror the Japan radiation psyops, is all out of proportion to the actual radiation exposure experienced by Japanese residents in northern Japan. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to hear repeatedly from Japan radiation propagandists like Leuren Moret or commenters on internet blogs how northern Japan will forever be "unhabitable" due to the "deadly radiation" (that never was).

The Fukushima radiation psyops is one of the greatest frauds to be perpetrated in modern times. It astounds me how many people simply acquiese and accept the dire pronouncements of radiation promoters as fact, when just a little bit of checking and verification will show you the extreme level of exaggeration and confabulation being employed.

monitoring.tokyo-eiken.go.jp...

monitoring.tokyo-eiken.go.jp...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Back in the day people thought journalists would find the answers for them, they had integrity. Today that belief still holds, except now Journalists are told what to do and are part of the government propaganda machine.

So lies being spread is easy. Media takes news from the government and puts their spin on it and daily every paper reflects the same things ensuring we all get our "dose of reality".

Your best bet is to avoid media entirely to be free from it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
some CT"S believe [and have proof] that the fukushima /earthquake/meltdown is either a hoax or a conspiracy

a well corrupted court case with controlled releases of disinfo to the public should help to reinforce the official story

does that answer your question?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
check out this carrot from japan ...

fukushima diaries

edit ... in response to the post below me , the above link [at their 'daily news' page] covers all stories related to the disaster.
and they will backup the news blackout claim.

edit on 27-12-2012 by tinhattribunal because: just trying to be helpful

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

rt.com

Crewmembers from the USS Ronald Reagan filed a lawsuit in Federal Court in San Diego, California this week in an attempt to hold Japan accountable for any long-term damage they’ll caused during “Operation Tomadachi,” the spring 2011 relief effort that sent sailors near the coast of Japan to assist in the days after an earthquake and subsequent tsunami ravaged the island nation and caused a level 7 meltdown at three reactors in the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant.

Yep. And without disclosing anything, I'll just say I am glad because I have family serving over there and I didn't want them to get sick. I had been warning them and sending them information that they don't get over there. It took Americans here at home to forward news to them because when they did searches on it, it was BLOCKED or redirected them to a Japan based News website. You will not believe the Media black out over there . They LIED .Flat out lied to them and thought they would get away with it. They didn't think their American family members would be sending them the info. Ha Ha Ha . Other countries can black out things all they like , but they will NEVER keep the truth from the American people HOME AND ABROAD ! So, yes. I am very happy about this.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So, we are to believe that sophistiated multi-Billion dollar US military bases and warships do not have radiation monitoring equipment that would alert crews that there is an increase above background? Seriously?

At this point, what the Japanese government said, or continues to say, is irrelevant. What our own governments chose to disclose or not is more to the point. What we are then facing is the situation where our own governments lied about the radiation danger posed by Fukushima. I mean, it's not like they are just going to sit there fat dumb and happy and rely on a foreign power to tell them everything is just fine and dandy.

Being members of the armed forces, they should just suck it up (along with the radiation) and quit whining as it's surely not the patriotic thing to do!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Maybe they should sue their government for sending them there . Why sue japan they just lie about it radiation levels , His government most likely knew what they were and sent them anyway . what a joke .

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

That's what I was thinking. The USS Ronald Reagan surely has geiger counters and other means of measuring radiation.

However, it is very difficult for these sailors to sue the US government, due to a 1946 Federal Tort Claims Act which severely limits the ability of enlisted personnel to sue Uncle Sugar.

This seems like they are going after the secondary guilty party in order to secure money, as they can't go after the party who put them in harm's way. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

wouldn't be the first time it happened. I was watching a documentary where the Army called 2 Navy guys to clear a minefield. They had metal mine detectors, the mines were plastic - you get the point cheap ass uncle sam costed some limbs that day. Plastic mines are not a new invention.

Not to mention the chemicals they put you around, especially for things like the grenade launchers, without *proper* protection. My cousin was in Iraq now hes on dialysis.

Or how about under armoring the humvees? The list goes on..

The military doesn't care about the service members.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Our own forces KNEW what any radiation hazards would be and what they were....
there must be ships logs they can refer to.....its all recorded.....
This is the NAVY dodging responsibility for sending the sailors in there....

as far as Tokyo is concerned and the low readings taken, well id have to say the prevailing wids would actuallu affect those readings....the winds at Fuki are easterlies....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It isn't the air that's the problem in Japan. Tokyo's over 100 miles from that power plant, anyway, so it's not surprising that its air isn't radioactive. The problem is the ongoing meltdowns, and the water poured onto them. An enormous amount of highly-radioactive water has leaked into the Pacific (or been pumped into it deliberately). The radiation sources (molten pools of nuclear fuel) are still melting their way downwards; it only makes sense that the amount of surface radiation is falling because the source keeps getting deeper and deeper, but the water that goes into those holes gets filled with radioactive particles, which then dumps into the ocean. They were still finding fish in that area with 200 times the "safe level" of radiation (as if there was one, Ann Coulter be damned) as recently as four months ago. Fish inedible for a decade, they said two months ago, and they're probably underestimating it.

And it ain't just carrots that are mutating. Google Fukushima mutations (just one example). It's rabbits, butterflies, vegetables, cats, dandelions, fish, and not all of them are even in Japan. When the reactor containment buildings first exploded, huge clouds of radioactive cesium, iodine, and xenon blew across the Pacific into North America, just like the area around Chernobyl. (Google "Chernobyl human mutations" if you want a true horror show; some of the mutations took many years to manifest.) The entire Northern Hemisphere has been exposed to it. You have all been exposed to it, and you won't know for years whether it's doing you any harm.

The earthquake that started it all might've been a "HAARP-op," but Fukushima radiation is not a psy-op. It's just not currently airborne. But just let that fuel rod storage pool drain dry; Japan will wish Akira Kurosawa had been right about the isotope clouds not being invisible...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It wasn't exactly Japan's doing at all however. It was the Rockefellers and the ones named by Fulford. David Rockefeller took his whole clan to India for a while, so they wouldn't get inundated by the plutonium. They who took off ahead of time were involved in creating the entire disaster. Thats what I believe. And I don't believe it was minor, its destroyed the sea life, the thyroids of the Japanese children are affected, the penguin's too. Seaweed studies by SFU here in BC. And reports of infant mortality going up.

I don't know, think those downplaying this need to research more.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That is odd. So does that meen that Japan can now turn around and announce a counter claim. America did nuke 2 of their city's killing 100,000's in seconds. If i was the judge america would be found guilty. I love how they get to prosecute nations for acuiring uranium yet they have nuked 2 city's and have the most nukes in the world. Typical. And it all keeps going round.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
fukushima mutations
my thread on ATS with lots of pics from japan

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure how they will make Japan pay. They could probably retort that it's from radiation from a number of possibilities. You can't really just point it at one thing. Radiation is everywhere. From the previous bombs we threw at them in WWII, to the communications devices they use on their ships, and I'm betting there's even microwaves on those ships. If this somehow works in their favor, then I wonder if the rest of the military can sue the weapons manufacturer's for their depleted uranium ammunition and plated tanks for many possible health hazards as a result from handling contaminated products unsafely.

I still don't doubt their presence in Japan has affected their health in one way or another. Even with no symptoms presents they could've end up sterile or have a child undergoing a defective gestation cycle.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Because RT isn't bound by Western Media's editing desk?

Heres an early report that came out right after the earthquake when the situation wasn't as yet well understood overall.

USS Ronald Reagan helo crews exposed to radioactive "plume"

Tests on three helicopter aircrews returning to the carrier after conducting missions near Sendai meanwhile "identified low levels of radioactivity on 17 air crew members," the statement said.

The crews of the helicopters were away from the ship when they were exposed.

"The low level radioactivity was easily removed from affected personnel by washing with soap and water. They were subsequently surveyed, and no further contamination was detected," it added.

Uh huh, officially... thing is if they had it on them, then it was also in their lungs. If that radioactive contamination contained particles or nuclides that were beta emitters, then that could not be detected by any equipment they had on board. Only a full body scan would detect that and that equipment is very expensively stateside in hospitals and universities and such. Not on board air craft carriers.

The 7th Fleet's statement, which followed earlier media reports about crew members being exposed to radiation, said it had detected "low level contamination in the air and on its aircraft operating in the area."

The air inlets to the engines on the helos were found to have contamination and that prompted further surveys and a frantic effort to "clean" the ship and any affected personnel. I cannot verify this as my memory is hazy, but I recall rumors that those helicopters were "deep-six'd" to avoid contaminating the ship any further.

Now of course this story is off the front page but if sailors are in fact suing TEPCO, then there must be some residual effects from that mission. They wouldn't do it because they are worried about maybe getting sick tomorrow or next year.

Good luck finding out more about this, officially that is.

Edit: soma spatter about the helicopters...

Blogbits

edit on 27-12-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Back in the day people thought journalists would find the answers for them, they had integrity. Today that belief still holds, except now Journalists are told what to do and are part of the government propaganda machine.

So lies being spread is easy. Media takes news from the government and puts their spin on it and daily every paper reflects the same things ensuring we all get our "dose of reality".

Your best bet is to avoid media entirely to be free from it.

That is because if the media does not play along the government does not open up to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join