It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark Tank Aquarium Bursts, Showering Shopping Crowd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Like your shark fin soup fresh?

This popular aquarium is in a shopping center in Shanghai. Shoppers were sipping their tea and latte then given an unexpected shower of sharks and 15 cm thick glass.

This is the shocking moment a 33-ton glass shark tank suddenly burst leaving 15 people injured by flying shards of broken glass and a torrent of water. The tank was an attraction at the entrance to the Shanghai Orient shopping centre in China's second city when it shattered without warning on December 19. Eight of those hurt were customers and the rest were shop assistants and security staff. They mostly suffered deep cuts and bruises from sheets of broken glass. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ying-crowd.html#ixzz2GGbvSVYE Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Source

Did you hear something crack?

Look how thick this glass is!

A police spokesman said: 'There were lots of injuries caused by flying glass, some of them serious because the glass was so thick. We are investigating what caused this.' Three lemon sharks and dozens of turtles and smaller fish, which were housed in the aquarium, were also victims of the accident that was caught on CCTV. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ying-crowd.html#ixzz2GGdhId00 Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 27-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hello....I just saw this story on the news!
All I could think was....poor sharks. They should be swimming free in their natural habitat....not in a freaking shopping mall! I hate to see beautiful wild creatures caged (or in glass tanks).
Just makes me sad.
jacygirl

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hello....I just saw this story on the news!
All I could think was....poor sharks. They should be swimming free in their natural habitat....not in a freaking shopping mall! I hate to see beautiful wild creatures caged (or in glass tanks).
Just makes me sad.
jacygirl

I thought the same. The news reporters here were actually joking about it. Made me feel sad for the fish.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I'm with you on that. I've never been a supporter of any wild life in captivity, (unless to rehabilitate, or protect it, with intent to eventually set it free again).

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow! ...those poor sharks and turtles! That makes me sad....and I can't imagine standing there when it burst! All that flying glass, and that looked like THICK glass too!! That would have been like a ton of bricks hitting you! I bet that hurt! ...I see a law suit in the future.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Was the glass made in China?

Scary thought though. It can happen anywhere I suppose.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Was the glass made in China?

Probably made in the US

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Yum Sushi for lunch.

I wonder what happened to the fish.

new topics

top topics