It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wish we show up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

So youve been called out on your strawman argument and fallacious logic yet continue to use those as your foundation of response?

Have a nice day

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Here is your whole thing:

It would be more logical to assume that the message, if genuine, would have been transmitted to a person, who chose a blog as his/her medium to spread it further. Unless the message directly states that aliens literally wrote it on a computer and put it on a blog, it is completely irrational to assume that that is what is being put forth.

And here's my last response to you about this very most likely fake message:

So sending a message to SETI or a respected worldwide information source is less logical than sending it to an anonymous person to put in their blog, then to hope that story gets passed around?

Oh btw, have a nice day back to you.

edit on 12/29/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alex45

This message has been transmitted in september 2003 to a French contactee. It has been translated into English by a French speaking people having a good level in English but not perfect, hence grammar errors.

When you google 'do you wish that we show up?' you get more than one billion entries. There has been a petition for this message with people signing from all over the world. There exists plenty of videos and forums speaking about this message in more than 20 languages that also appear in the blog. The blog you are speaking about has popped up in november 2012!

So, this message is known worldwide.
edit on 28-12-2012 by alex45 because: (no reason given)

I wonder how many need to say 'Yes!' to get this going? About a billion? (1/7th of the population) Surely by now we must be getting close? I personally, would love to meet them!
edit on 29-12-2012 by Starcrossd because: fixed quote

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Completely ridiculous. I am a believer of beings that are greater than us. But this is not from "them" or however you want to refer to it. The "aliens" that we seek have always been here in some way. I don't mean that in the most literal sense because there's no way for me to know for sure how it works. But I do believe that whatever it is, has and will always be in our presence.

If alien or divine beings decide to reveal themselves and make direct communication to human beings, you're not going to read it in a blog or see it in a news paper or tv. It bothers me when people think inside a little box.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oroborus
Completely ridiculous. I am a believer of beings that are greater than us. But this is not from "them" or however you want to refer to it. The "aliens" that we seek have always been here in some way. I don't mean that in the most literal sense because there's no way for me to know for sure how it works. But I do believe that whatever it is, has and will always be in our presence.

If alien or divine beings decide to reveal themselves and make direct communication to human beings, you're not going to read it in a blog or see it in a news paper or tv. It bothers me when people think inside a little box.

My OP wasn't so much about the validity of the message as it was about it's content and the acknowledgement of it's safety. I've used "just in case" before regarding this. I could not care less if the message is fake or true. I was mainly stating that "JUST IN CASE" and to be on the safe side, would it not be better if everyone said yes?
Now, maybe saying yes is akin to going blind and maybe that is not good. If it is/was true, then we can never be certain of the true intentions of those behind the message. But if the world needs help, and IF (big if) they are benevolent, than i can assume the yes would be the logical choice.

I never claimed this message was fake or true simply because: I DO NOT KNOW.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

My OP wasn't so much about the validity of the message as it was about it's content and the acknowledgement of it's safety. I've used "just in case" before regarding this. I could not care less if the message is fake or true. I was mainly stating that "JUST IN CASE" and to be on the safe side, would it not be better if everyone said yes?
Now, maybe saying yes is akin to going blind and maybe that is not good. If it is/was true, then we can never be certain of the true intentions of those behind the message. But if the world needs help, and IF (big if) they are benevolent, than i can assume the yes would be the logical choice.

Fair enough. I wasn't necessarily directing my post at you personally, I mean that when I say people are thinking inside a small box I'm not referring to you. Just people in general, the people in that blog. The common view points on UFO's and extraterrestrials from society is comical to me. They put such a human spin, or flavor to something that is not.

Like I said, I don't know how it all works. I could be entirely wrong, they or it could be exactly like we are and just live on another planet that's a measurable distance away and makes contact to us through internet and radio. Extremely unlikely to the point of absurdity in my view but I don't know.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've seen this message a few times before on the net but then I suppose there will be people spreading the word so it stands to reason that you'd come across it from time to time.

The name Eric Julien rings a bell.Does anyone remember a thread that was started in the weeks before the Olympics with a sort of storyboard of cryptic images and graphics claiming to be someones vision of what was coming.

The OP went on to say he was French.He and possibly someone else had been chosen by higher beings to die so their souls could be transferred into the bodies of two well known figures in Britian.Can't remember if he knew who and wouldnt say or didnt know but the hint was it was someone of significance.

The thread was very busy and went on with the OP giving a countdown till the time he died and took over this other persons until the deadline passed.Then the OP posted claiming the mission was been delayed for a bit and it kind of petered out after that.

I'm sure someone named the OP as this Eric Juiien.I remember someone worked out who the OP was and that he was questionable,something tells me it was this guy.I may be wrong but..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I was searching but did not find a post with this, still, i apologize if this was posted before.

I don't think it's a major problem, but I have to wonder what you searched for, because I - remembering I had seen something very similar here - searched for "Do you wish" and I got this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, it's no big deal. Just wondering.

The name Eric Julien rings a bell.Does anyone remember a thread that was started in the weeks before the Olympics with a sort of storyboard of cryptic images and graphics claiming to be someones vision of what was coming.

No, but I remember his name very well from 2006. He predicted a huge tsunami on May 26, 2006.
He even had a website dedicated to it.

His real name is different - Jean something, I think - but I don't remember it right now and I don't feel like looking for it.

edit on 3-1-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromerius

I wish all the time Aliens would show up....I don't see many other ways of the sheep awakening from their fluoride-induced coma's. Not to fix things, but to reveal the way things ought to be. Give us a template for a newer, better, higher form of life...

Doubt it will ever happen....Seems like someone is leaving us here to rot with the ones who stayed..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Can someone please tell them, not quite yet, but thank you.
Soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oroborus

Fair enough. I wasn't necessarily directing my post at you personally, I mean that when I say people are thinking inside a small box I'm not referring to you. Just people in general, the people in that blog. The common view points on UFO's and extraterrestrials from society is comical to me. They put such a human spin, or flavor to something that is not.

Like I said, I don't know how it all works. I could be entirely wrong, they or it could be exactly like we are and just live on another planet that's a measurable distance away and makes contact to us through internet and radio. Extremely unlikely to the point of absurdity in my view but I don't know.

Now, you actually raised a very very good point. There are limitations and i will explain bellow, but nothing prevents a higher civilization to connect to our wireless networks, open wifi or even breaking into secure ones from afar if they have the technology. Computers might be universal since it's all mathematics (unless they use quantum computing or something else). The limitations for accessing human (or planet earth sentient beings, us) information would require a knowledge of our languages, which maybe, for an advanced race would not be that difficult. They could certainly watch our videos and photos without knowing the language. Of course this would be a mute point if they would connect via normal wireless signals because that would take thousands of years to arrive. BUT, maybe, having a satellite in orbit of our planet re-transmitting the signal with some other advanced technology or some other unknown method would be viable.

hmmm food for thought

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Andromerius

I wish all the time Aliens would show up....I don't see many other ways of the sheep awakening from their fluoride-induced coma's. Not to fix things, but to reveal the way things ought to be. Give us a template for a newer, better, higher form of life...

Doubt it will ever happen....Seems like someone is leaving us here to rot with the ones who stayed..

It is funny you say that because President Reagan once told the united nations that the only way for humanity to stop wars and come together would be if an outside alien force came to conquer us.
Amazingly, he said that on 3 different ocasions! Check this out: source

Cheers,

Andro
edit on 3/1/2013 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Why do aliens always feel that they need to hold a referendum with us before they show up?

I'm guessing they probably won't get enough votes and end up mogging off back from whence they came to work on their next "disclosure campaign", which no doubt will be announced on some obscure blog in the very near future.

Go aliens!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

No, but I remember his name very well from 2006. He predicted a huge tsunami on May 26, 2006.

His real name is different - Jean something, I think - but I don't remember it right now and I don't feel like looking for it.

Yeah,I'm pretty sure it's the same guy

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72

Yeah,I'm pretty sure it's the same guy

oh i remember that, wasn't it that video interview with a french dude claiming to have this visions? Was labeled an hoax here on ATS but without much proof to either side.

The guy sounded a bit off though, so no wonder it was labeled as a hoax.

i remember that.

There is a thread about that guy here on ATS on the Hoax bin but it is not the same guy at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Please come quick.
and take with you the ones who want to go. me!

give the rest time to see how stupid they all are.
they are starting to wake up.
but they need help. or TPTB will brake and kill them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join