It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it Really Matter Now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Forgive me if I seem 'out there' but I have some things on my mind and this may or may not be the time or the place. Forget who I am or any title that is under my cyber identity... Today I am just another human being trying to understand this world and the place we have created along with the path to the future we have made for the children who will grow and have to one day deal with what we have or have not done.

I arrived home this evening to find myself alone...... Totally.

My children are with their mother and one daughter is with family.. not planned but just happened that way.

I stepped out on my deck and watched a spectacular sunset, one I will not soon forget. There was a hint of fall in the air though quite warm for October. I later found myself involved with a single and very cold beer, then my mind was swimming in a world of thought.

What have we done?

This war on terrorism, what seeds have been planted?

What future have we given our children?

The election.....Does it really matter now?

This is not about replies, or points... I really have not one damed thing to gain or lose in posting here............ We have F'd things up in so many ways, we have further divided the people of this world, we have fed the enemies, and we beg for more.

I do not now, or have ever lived in fear, yet I am very afraid.....Afraid of what we have done..... Living in fear for a future that I believe we have made worse not better, for all of humanity........ Sure we can place blame on just about anyone and for any number of reasons...... Does it really matter?

We have fought...... and won what?

With every Muslim killed have we not created yet another even more ready to fight and die in the name of that which fell before them?

We have only made things worse.. with each bomb we do not move any closer to peace... We feed the radical cause by throwing more fuel on the fire....... They want us to do this... Believe it or not.

It may not matter to you now.. or in the very near future.. But there will be a day of reckoning sooner or later..... and then you can be assured your vote really never counted.. There is no cure for this... No passive way to step back and make peace.. You cannot take from this world and expect to be rewarded for it with peace.. You cannot believe that it ends when the bombs no longer fall.. or when the blood slows its flow.

There is an election very near.. some believe that their votes could change the course of this war... But I am here to tell you now it does not really matter.. who wins or loses.. Its too late.. we have fallen for their game... Killed and been Killed.. No matter what the reckoning is ahead.... Not if but when.. Does it really matter who is our leader when that day comes?

There are basic laws in human beings that are often forgotten... we all know what they are but forget them when oblivious to reality.

They will not simply go away.. we will not kill them all.. their numbers will continue to grow.... and with the next generation expect an enemy ready, willing, armed for destruction and more than happy to die.. with as many of us as they can take along with them.

Now back to your regular topics.. and your wonderful oblivion.

Search your souls.. yeah.. somehwere in there I am sure you can feel it too.

From where I see it.. The future looks really bad.

But does it really matter now?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

or in the very near future.. But there will be a day of reckoning sooner or later.....

Yes there will be. Millions aren't worrying about it because they are already at peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would have to disagree. You think it's bad now?

Go back 60 years. Hitler is posed to take over Europe. France ahs already fallen, and England is straining to simply keep herself alive. The US now has to fight a war on two fronts agaisnt a determined enemy, after experiencing the worst depression in her history. We managed to pull through that.

Fast forward to the next 40 years. Children sit at home afraid that they may wake up to a nuclear winter. Their aprents have no way to console them. Hell, even they may invest in a backyard bunker so that they may even survive the inevitable nuclear fire. To survive in a future where they may have to kill their neighbors over a scrap of moldy bread.

Europe lives under constant threat of the Soviet hordes marching across Western Europe. We come within minutes of total nuclear war on more than one occassion. The Cuban Missile Crisis, an event that could very well have ended the world, was averted.

America is bogged down in a quagmire of blood and mud. 50,000 young boys will lose their lives in a war they may not even understand, with many more Vietnamese dying to repel what they see as hostile invaders.

No, what is happening now is a pittance compared to what has threatened us before. We made it out alive then, and I firmly believe we will make it out alive now, perhaps not without a few scars.

Don't give up hope. It's those who have lost hope in the world that are the first to give the order to launch. If anything, keep hope alive for your children's sake. If you don't remain strong, what recourse do they have?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
maybe you should have another beer.

thousands of americans were slaughtered on 911.

does that "even really matter anymore"?

suck it up, dude, we're at war.

whether you like it or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Give the guy a break. To answer him. Yes I do.

Wer'e all just trying to make sense of it in his or her own way, to fit it into the "scheme of things" or "just is"

I beleive some good will come of this war, it must. My making sense of things.

But yeah some times I wonder "how did we F**k this up so badly again"

Might have a beer and think about it looking out so sea tonight. You know a balmy summer evening on the East Coast of Australia is a beautiful thing sometimes. A tropic lightning storm off over the horizon on the water is even better.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
There is an election very near.. some believe that their votes could change the course of this war... But I am here to tell you now it does not really matter.. who wins or loses.. Its too late..

Your 100% correct...

My take on the election...

If Bush wins, we are guaranteed a conflict with Iran, Syria and others...
We WILL lose... One way or the other...

If Kerry wins, we will have the same result. It will just be on the back burner for a few more years, simmering, just waiting for a chance to boil over. Once that happens, it will be worse, IMO, than if Bush won and took us to war in the first place...

You're right, it doesn't matter. It's too late to change anything.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"With every Muslim killed have we not created yet another even more ready to fight and die in the name of that which fell before them?"

Have we? Why would you say that? Just because we haven't run out of the enemy, yet? Gee, where's your stamina?

"We have F'd things up in so many ways,"..."I do not now, or have ever lived in fear, yet I am very afraid....."..."We have fought...... and won what?"...

Gazz, we were attacked, war was declared on us. WE are taking that war to the enemy. Your words should be THEIR words. Your despair theirs.

"We have only made things worse.. with each bomb we do not move any closer to peace... We feed the radical cause by throwing more fuel on the fire....... They want us to do this... Believe it or not."

We made things worse? Would it be better to suffer the occasional attack and ignore the "nuisance" of innocent deaths so as to not really anger the enemy? Seriously, where is your backbone?
You say we threw fuel on the fire? No problem. We also have the match. You say they wanted us to do this. Ok. But you know what? They might not like getting what they wanted.

Gee, Gazz, you seem to be pretty sour today. It isn't that bad. You know what would have been really bad? Ignoring the cancer that was determined to destroy us, that's what? Taking steps against it might save us, ignoring it does not work. Neither does losing one's courage and strength. Have another beer and find your courage again.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
maybe you should have another beer.

thousands of americans were slaughtered on 911.

does that "even really matter anymore"?

suck it up, dude, we're at war.

whether you like it or not.

I wish I had another... But the truth is I only had that one beer.

Who could forget 9/11??

And yes we are at war... But we are fighting the war on the enemy's terms.

We are being led, not leading... of course these are my thoughts and opinions alone.... Only time alone will prove things right or wrong one way or the other... and forgive me for looking into the future and stepping on the toes of much better psychics.

The war has gone to a place we should not have.

I think deep down most already know this... the real price for this path in war can only be known in the future.. I for one pray I am wrong.

On 9/11 we were all invited to war, and given a clear path to it... somehow we were set on another course.. And here we are... and there we go!

Look it does not mean a danmed thing here.. what I think is no more or less important or of more meaning than anyone else here.

There is no point in looking back to discover errors or mistakes.. Looking forward with clear vision is too painful for too many to deal with.

No this does not compare to WWII... or any other war.. and it should not.. none are the same... and this is only the begining.

War on Terrorism?

Welcome to a preview of things to come.

Gazz

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Um_Guzz

I see the world in this way, live life and enjoy your family as is the last day of your life, I don't worry about many things anymore we tend to waste to much time thinking, remember after we leave this earth the world is going to keep going without us, and life most go on.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Gee, Gazz, you seem to be pretty sour today. It isn't that bad.

Yet!

It may seem that it is bad for me today... But today is not what worries me.. nor how we got to this point which will take us to the next.. It is the growing hatred for us.. The future that is my concern.

If I am wrong.. I will be happy!

If not.. may god or whatever you believe in save us from what comes next.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Gazz, with all due respect, how do you figure we are fighting the war on the enemy's terms?

Would not the enemy wish a country's backing and warring on the streets of the US, instead of being steadily picked off in their own backyard?

Which place would you have us fight this inevitable war?

Detroit?

The world indeed changed on 9/11....and battle has been joined.

We must summon the stamina to see it through...it will probably take a generation.

I wish I could share a beer w/ you through the net.

regards

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow, way too much angst in here. Sorry I contributed to it. Time to defuse the situation. Here, the best of both world's a kitten and a beer

OK, now that we've gotten that out of the way...lighten up everyone, myself included. You spend too much time around a place like and you start to feel like the world is falling apart around you. Not enough good news is reported around here, because good news is inherently anti-conspiratorial. I mean, when's the last time you heard about a secret society working on the cure for cancer?

So take another look at the kitten, laugh, and sleep it off.

Originally posted by moxyone

Detroit?

Oh man, I'd pay money to see that.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So take another look at the kitten, laugh, and sleep it off.

sleep it off???

so what, we can wake up in the same war mongering self destructive over indulging society without having done a darn thing? thats what we have been doing for as long as i have been alive 'sleeping it off' and now things are in really bad shape. i think what is bothering mr gazz is that no matter what any of us say or do it is futile, for the efforts of our government is too stern, they want us to sleep it off so that they can go about fufilling their agenda while disregarding our feelings. our government is redily taking us on the path of war and destruction, a direct slap in the face of the third world. mark my words, by the time the enemy makes it to our shores we will all have much bigger problems at hand. rest assure and settle in for the preview of american military dominance is coming to a close, the real show is about to begin!

god bless you all

[edit on 25-10-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
sleep it off???

so what, we can wake up in the same war mongering self destructive over indulging society without having done a darn thing? thats what we have been doing for as long as i have been alive 'sleeping it off' and now things are in really bad shape. i think what is bothering mr gazz is that no matter what any of us say or do it is futile, for the efforts of our government is too stern, they want us to sleep it off so that they can go about fufilling their agenda while disregarding our feelings. our government is redily taking us on the path of war and destruction, a direct slap in the face of the third world. mark my words, by the time the enemy makes it to our shores we will all have much bigger problems at hand. rest assure and settle in for the preview of american military dominance is coming to a close, the real show is about to begin!

god bless you all

I meant sleep off all the angst. You know "OMG the sky is falling? Teh gubberment is going to eat us!!11 There is no future!!!1"

Go out into the real world once and a while. Not the internet world where everything's a conspiracy and all we can do is whine about it on ATS. THERE IS NO GRAND CONSPIRACY. There may be inept government officials. There may be wars. There may be violence.

Explain to me how this is new.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
"We have F'd things up in so many ways

I hear this a lot...it always makes me think, "how is it "we"? Yes, we elect our government, but on a whole, it isn't anything to do with the average American whether we go to war or not, or what the government does....we more or less, just have to stand back and watch
I would imagine that's the way it is with people in other countries too....the average person has no control over what their government does one way or another...Yes, things are surely Fd up big time, and unfortunately, I fear that it doesn't actually matter who wins this election....there's not going to be any turning back now....

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There may be inept government officials. There may be wars. There may be violence.

upon venturing out into the real world, ive come to conclude that very rarely people actually give flying @#%$ about any of these things. with every waking moment we are becoming more vunerable to inability and more suseptable to dispair. this doesnt bother you?

the internet, although trite with propganda and backwords logic it is a place of unprecadented scruteny and judgment. look at how we pick apart each others words so carefully, and with such precisions this is the place where logic reigns supreme! i have never met so many smart people in one place in my life.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"Living like there's no tomorrow means loving all you can today." A quote I found a very long time ago that still sticks w/ me. Does anyone ever live like that? Maybe the ones who had near tragedy experiences or who did lose a loved one. For the majority of us, s/thing bad has to happen for s/thing good to happen. It is just about always the case. On a global scale, we are really hurting our planet, and s/thing REALLY bad HAS to happen for that to change. In one way, it doesn't matter what we do now because what's going to happen is inevitable. In the other way, it does matter how you live today; How you may see through your despair (s/thing bad) and be able to see your little ones again w/ new eyes and a new sense of appreciation (s/thing good).
I know what it feels like to come home to an empty house every now and then and to look out at s/thing beautiful and feel sorrow - Sorrow for the world and the many people that aren't looking at those beautiful things anymore. Then I sit down next to my little metal box (computer) and start reading that there are a few people out there that do still see those things - and I have hope. I have hope that I will be able to wake up tomorrow and love my little ones more than I have today. I hope that I can be more tolerant and patient towards my family, and that in each day that we are still safe, I can show them all, in some way, just how much I do love them.
For me, that's what matters.
Cheer up Gazz, you have new 'eyes' now.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well I do honestly feel that our best shot is to take it hard to the enemy. If we have the convictions and the nation states relaize this and join us in this fight, we can win. BUT we need to be united in this fight and to have a strong leader, whom I feel is Bush, whom others feel is Kerry.

Either way this is the beginning of this war. I say, as I ahve for weeks, "Lets make our stand now"

Its a war and a famous saying comes to mind...

"Damn the torpedo's, Full Speed ahead"

I honestly do not feel that things are as gloom as in 1941, we have the worlds largest and most powerful military, we can win this, we just have to have the stomach for the fight.

LL1

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
9/11 was the beginning of a war that was/is, will be like none other,
war we have ever faced. You have seen it, though your daughter's
friend, the solider.

What you are experiencing is life now, cold and cruel, as it is , in comparison to
what life was in the past. You are so correct it was
a better life. Things have changed drastically, not something this
election, nor any future elections will, or can ever change.

It's people, they have changed, it's a "me society", "me first" world now. It's an
"I want world", and "it's all about me" world, regardless of the consequences
or pain to others.

You see it, so of course you feel it, unlike those that are totally oblivious
to the change. Perhaps some deal with the ostrich effect, head in the sand.

There's this saying Gazz:
Know what you're dealing with, and you'll know how to deal...
Know who are dealing with, and you'll know how to deal...
Know that you can, and will deal with anything that comes your way!

"There are basic laws in human beings that are often forgotten..."

but there are the laws of nature that are never forgotten...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Everyone is entitled to a bad day. This is not meant to lessen what you are feeling. For 15 years now, I have lived in a constant repetative cycle of hospitalizations and surgeries. The only thing that has kept me going at those times is the belief that things will get better in the future.

The real trick of all this is to never give up, never surrender to the sometimes overwhelming feelings of hopelessness. Tomorrow the sun will rise, your children will smile and at the end of the day, you will see that it wasn't a bad after all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join