It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Reason for all these Failed Predictions and Prophecy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
After carefully considering the last 10+ years of failed predictions by everyman and his dog about the end of the world or destruction of the Planet I would like to forward that perhaps its by design.

Consider that we may be in a simulation which has been postulated by Martin Savage ( seattletimes.com... ) and if it is of a scientific nature and "we" the test subjects have now become aware of this then its possible a reboot is close but is being postponed to save the project.

If your "control" can no longer be considered to be intact then the last ditched attempt to keep the subjects blissfully unaware would be to confuse/ridicule any such notion of being in a simulation to prevent the time line from being a wasted experiment. Imagine a movie director losing control of the feature film with all the actors gathering around talking about meaningless things and no longer playing the game that the Director set out to accomplish ?

This is where all the false prophecy and predictions come into the plan, we are supposed to realize its all garbage and we need to get back to just living out our every day lives without looking too deep. We need to forget about all this nonsense for our own good. When you get sucked in time and time again for the next end date even the most hardy of individuals eventually says "I no longer believe this crap.

So I will say unequivocally "move along as there is nothing to be gained from reading all this Apocalypse garbage.Live you life to its fullest and experience all you can because you only get one shot at life and this is it".

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Live you life to its fullest and experience all you can because you only get one shot at life and this is it".

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear...

Live ETERNITY to its fullest.

When it comes to eternal matters, the TRUTH is all that matters.

The biggest loss for humans is to die without finding out who they really were and WHY they were really born.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think I speek for a lot of people when I say we all had enough of the doomsday phrophecies and next and the one after that. we are becomming desensitised, that oneday perchance something valid comes along, we may miss the warning. The world is not going to end in my life time and I still have a long road to go, how do I know this well i have seen it and not to be whatever, have seen more than most ever will. Also its not the media that is to blame but rather people that live in fear, want negative thigs to happen so that they have some kind of purpose (eventhough it be on a subconsciouss level)
Again, they maya Never predicted the world would end, people did. They all became delusional self stlyed false phrophets and we even find them on this site spreading negative propaganda, not only about the end but about the ancients and the Sky people. Cant anyone see what is going on. The world is being uplifted and liberaded from an old outdated system and it will take another 290 years until the world is Fully in the new aquarian age, with new schools, new thinking, a new way of life and a new dispensation and we can finally say goodbuy to christianity, although some of its work will be included in what IS to come. That is the truth, and yes it may be the end of the world for some people depending on what part of the world you live, but hey thats the Destiny you choose, so rather stand up straight and meet your destiny head on !
To all the Doom sayers, are you still here...i thought your worlds ended, not sure if people want to listen anymore! Thanks for nothing.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Why the need for an elaborate explanation such as this? it could just
very well be that they were all wrong and its neigh impossible to
predict things with so many possible variables, that seems like it makes
much more sense then needing an elaborate explanation as to why
religious and or supernaturally inspired prophecy or predictions are
made, maybe just maybe there is nothing "supernatural" about
any of it and they are simply wrong.......

I fail to see how if we take a prophecy coming to pass as proof
that it was indeed special then why is it that when it fails that
does not count as proof its simply not true........

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

How the heck do you take failed prophecies as proof we live in a simulation? If anything REAL predictions could be proof of a simulation, and someone has cracked the code. Failed prophecies further prove we are NOT in a simulation. It's proof people will create lies and perpetuate fraud to earn a buck. How much money did 2012 make some people? Sometimes I have to shake my head for what passes for logic here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I am pretty sure I read once that the people living in the year 999 ad were expecting the world to end in the year 1000 ad, all to do with so called prophecies from the church at the time and the fact that most people were illiterate.
They got all their information by the clergy, the scholars of the time who also put into them the fear of God.
It's not a new concept and many of these doomsday merchants are making money out of peoples gullibility.
Maybe we are in some kind of simulation, once we die our bodies degrade very quickly back to its purest form.
From living organic life to decomposing dead matter that is ingested by other organisms and helps them survive until they too die and become decomposing dead matter and food for other animals.
So we are part of a recycling process, but the energy spark that animates goes somewhere else, back to source?
It certainly goes somewhere, Death is almost certainly not the end. I am certain of that.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That Francis Chan clip is Gold, he is dead right. People are too concerned about their financial position in the present when they would be better off enjoying the ride and working on being a better person and their spirituality.
You cant take your wealth with you when you go, all your material wealth in not worth squat in the afterlife.
The journey and how well you travel is far more important than how much wealth you can accumulate.
We will be judged on what we do and how we go about things rather than achievements of wealth, power or position.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

After carefully considering the last 10+ years of failed predictions by everyman and his dog about the end of the world or destruction of the Planet I would like to forward that perhaps its by design.

Naw. It turns out that many prophesies are not about the destruction of the planet but about the enlightenment of the seer. It just looks like planetary destruction from the perspective of the ego-self. The imagery of dreams and visions is symbolic. It has to be deciphered.

People just don't know how to interpret prophesies in terms of mysticism and individuation. And seers don't know that they are seeing the collective unconscious blow up, not the planet.

edit on 27-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
They all fail because the future is just that something what will be the past soon enough buit is still the future. Simple really

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
They fail because people just make them up.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Naw. It turns out that many prophesies are not about the destruction of the planet but about the enlightenment of the seer. It just looks like planetary destruction from the perspective of the ego-self. The imagery of dreams and visions is symbolic. It has to be deciphered.

People just don't know how to interpret prophesies in terms of mysticism and individuation. And seers don't know that they are seeing the collective unconscious blow up, not the planet.

Prove it....

Wait, is this like the "dream"? that you can't prove but it's 1000% true?

Face it, the doomsday people, wanted to make a buck off the gullible, and they succeeded and will continue to succeed, as is evidenced by the ever changing dates...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Prove it...

What sort of evidence do you think it appropriate to expect given the nature of the claim? Do you think it appropriate to expect something that can be put in a test-tube? Or something that can be photographed? Or measured with a ruler?

Because if you study comparative religion, comparative mythology, comparative mysticism and related fields long enough, the evidence begins to click for you. That study counts as practicing mysticism and so sooner or later, you would also have your own experiences of visions. Then you'll see for yourself. The proof you seek is in the eating of the pudding.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Wow classic cognitive dissonance there. Faced with absolute reality that all these prophecies are total nonsense, cognitive dissonance forces you to encompass the reality in another fantasy so that your original belief can continue. So we are now living in a simulation.........honestly when will you "believers" throw in the towel?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

What sort of evidence do you think it appropriate to expect given the nature of the claim?

How about those making the "predictions" admit that they were wrong when their "prediction" fails, instead of using weasel words to try and cover up their failure.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

What sort of evidence do you think it appropriate to expect given the nature of the claim?

How about those making the "predictions" admit that they were wrong when their "prediction" fails, instead of using weasel words to try and cover up their failure.

It depends on the prediction and who made it. Like I said, the symbolic imagery of visions and dreams has to be interpreted. Just because events dont match up to a popular interpretation doesn't mean the prediction itself was wrong. Other interpretations of the prediction might be correct.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

edit on 27-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think "predictions and prophecies" are more or less a con/money grab by snake oil salesmen. There are countless possibilities of things that can happen and surely someone will see it coming, but most of the things in my lifetime have been complete nonsense.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

So correct.Also,it extends to vanity.See how most women,and a helluva lot of men,at least in Western society worships their own physical appearance,and that of others.How it is the sole basis for deciding if another person is worthy of their time or consideration.Whether it be as prospective friend,lover,spouse or mother of their children.Take a look at my signature,i chose it because it is,most likely, The one ultimate truth that supercedes all other truths.Everything we Do matters,not what we have,or whether our nails are perfectly manicured or we have the most handsome/hot physique or face.Really,we operate here in these fleshly conveyances,like getting into a certain model automobile.Never mind if you're job here has to be done while driving a little Saab.Some time or the other,the trip is over and we all get out.And in spiritform,which is energy,we all are pretty much equal-EXCEPT FOR HOW WELL YOU CONDUCTED YOURSELF DURING YOUR TRIP/TOUR HERE.Im a believer in re-incarnation and the best advice i can give others,is very easy and simple
o unto others only as you would prefer them do unto you+your most dearly beloved.Most especially if you dont fancy the idea of having to return here.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Consider that we may be in a simulation which has been postulated by Martin Savage ( seattletimes.com... ) and if it is of a scientific nature and "we" the test subjects have now become aware of this then its possible a reboot is close but is being postponed to save the project.

That's one way of looking at it.

Do you consider the "last 10+ years of failed predictions" from an atheist point of view; there cannot be such a thing as prophecy, therefore they were all wrong, or have you considered the possibility that there were also prophecies that came true, amongst all the ones that didn't?

The old Hebrews used to argue about how to distinguish 'true' prophets from 'false' prophets, because to them there were clearly 'men of God' who received visions of things to come, just like the old Greeks could get a glimpse of future things to come through the oracles.

The medieval Jewish philosopher Moses Maimonides claimed that a prophecy for a bad thing does not have to come true because God may "change His mind".

Edgar Casey, considered by many as the most distinguished contemporary prophet, said that a good prophecy is a prophecy that does not come true. For him,prophecies were visions of dangers in possible future events if man continued on a bad course of action, delivered from entities outside of the space/time realm. In the best case scenario, people listened to the prophet, heeded his warnings and changed their ways, and the dangerous event in the making was avoided.

If a prophet predicts something that does not turn out, then he is considered a 'false' prophet. But if he predicts only one thing out of ten right, then it is already quite remarkable. Financial market analysts often fail to predict market evolution to a lesser degree and they are paid a lot of money, prophets generally aren't.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It is all about keeping people in fear right from the beginning. The catholic church were masters and invented purgatory to get loads of money but it helped that most people couldn't read. Fear is promoted all the time in the media/Politics/religion.If you stop watching the news and reading newspapers those reports of wars/famines and then the end will come(Armegeddon) BS would not effect you what so ever. The reason it is hyped up and more predictions in the last hundred years is because of the printed page/radio/tv. Ok now that you know you dont need to shut yourself off completely from the world but it is good unplug once in awhile to wash the garbage out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join