It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this really grinds my gears regarding dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
so has anyone ever had a vivid dream where they wake up and say "dammit i want to remember that one" what really grinds my gears is i will have one where i am laughing hysterically to the point where it wakes up my wife but cant remember it. something you know would make abbot and costello go back to their day jobs. i'f i'm the only one then i'm gifted if not then that part of me is boring cause i'm sane now

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I suggest starting to keep a dream journal,

you can train yourself to remember dreams better, and also to become more aware of the fact that you are dreaming...

Then once you've got those basics down, you can get into lucid dreaming - which even though I've barely scratched the surface - is absolutely amazing.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I hate it when I am having an awesome dream, my mind starts to realize things are not "right" and I wake up. I'll be dreaming that I am am driving some awesome car, or living somewhere exotic, then I start to pick apart the facade. I'll go wait a minute, how exactly did I get this, or get here. Things won't make sense, then my brain is like "the jig is up", and I wake up to my cold, crappy reality lol. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

its more of the laughing that wakes me up arrgh. i do like lucid dreaming though,

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

ah hahahhahahahah peter

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Funny enough happened this morning.
Great dream last night - I mean GREAT dream - I'll not bore you with the details but all in all I woke up thinking - WOW - I want to remember ALL of that.
Thanks to my keeping a dream journal I got most of it - but not the best part - I couldn't recapture the greatness of the feeling of being in a special dream.
I guess I'll just have to wait until tonight and hope I can get it back.

peace

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
sometimes when I have sex dreams(very rare), they aren't usually about my SO but about my pre-reformation flings. Sometimes I want to go back to sleep to continue those dreams because of the way those girls were into me during the dreams, and I think it's about repressed feelings, but vivid/lucid dreams are usually hectic fights where I'm punching a guy through molasses or being abducted with my subconscious self not wanting to push the limits and I wake up in a cold sweat.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Like alot of others have said, keep a notepad by your side, and jot down notes as soon you wake. You dont have to be specific, basic point form will do.

Re-read you notes throughout the day, it might trigger something you dreamed about after consciously seeing similar.

Do it for a week, you'll start remembering.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I must be lucky, I remember most of my dreams or at least the dreams just prior to waking.
I also lucid dream a lot and try to control the dream which occasionally I achieve but most often just wake up when I know I am dreaming.
An interesting point is that when I realise I am dreaming I always decide to try and fly off. Sometimes I have trouble getting airborne other times I take off at amazing speeds and I am able to control the flight.
I also believe in my dream state that I am in another dimension and that what I do doesn't seem so important, I even remember telling people that I am from another dimension and have conversations with people about it.
The mind as a weird and amazing thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord

I hate it when I am having an awesome dream, my mind starts to realize things are not "right" and I wake up. I'll be dreaming that I am am driving some awesome car, or living somewhere exotic, then I start to pick apart the facade. I'll go wait a minute, how exactly did I get this, or get here. Things won't make sense, then my brain is like "the jig is up", and I wake up to my cold, crappy reality lol. Oh well.

practise practise practise! The first step is realising.. you're lucky that you do that... now the next step is to not let things unravel... try to realise, but then dont think about it.. its hard to explain, keep trying though! Once you can realise without losing the dream you can make anything you want happen.

A great way to realise youre dreaming is to look at a digital clock or hit a switch that should do something (eg lightswitch)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

i usually try to find my favorite boots. gonna think about them until sleepytime tonight.

new topics

top topics

join