It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed AWB Bill by Feinstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
www.feinstein.senate.gov...

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

120 specifically-named firearms

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one
military characteristic

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test

Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test

Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment

Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and

Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;

Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;

Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and

Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

Funny that I'm just now seeing this, since I just read this, which is even funnier to me due to the amount of synchronicities I've been experiencing and even reading threads on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not hard to see this one has been a-comin'. Thanks for posting!
edit on 27-12-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

So, let us create a law that will take further tax dollars to enforce, will further erode American freedom, and would have had zero impact on the shooting that occured. Sounds about right.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you don't want this to pass then write your congressmen, write your senators.. and tell everyone else you know to do the same. You don't need to write a lengthy email, just tell them not to pass it and that you will donate money to and vote for their opponents if they do.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Just a side issue ....unless Iam mistaken Feinstein is an Dual Citizen ie by virue of being Jewish he can claim automatic citizenship Of Isreal/
Can someone correct me but aren't there civilian s in Israel who are entitled to carry machine guns ie approx one third of the Israel Population including women.
Why?
To protect against invasion or terrorist attack.
This Feinstein guy is he real?
Or for only USA and the west?
Dinnee ne the facts, but me smell e rat.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
What an idiot. Can we fire this dummy or not?

It isn't gonna make one bit of difference to ban guns.

So what is this traitor's agenda? Did she not swear to uphold the Constitution?

Arrest her and try her under her own laws.

Have you guys seen the petition on the white house website,
proposing to remove all armed guards and declare a certain radius around all politicians a gun-free zone?

Bet that one doesn't pass.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness
Just a side issue ....unless Iam mistaken Feinstein is an Dual Citizen ie by virue of being Jewish he can claim automatic citizenship Of Isreal/
Can someone correct me but aren't there civilian s in Israel who are entitled to carry machine guns ie approx one third of the Israel Population including women.
Why?
To protect against invasion or terrorist attack.
This Feinstein guy is he real?
Or for only USA and the west?
Dinnee ne the facts, but me smell e rat.

Diane Feinstein is a woman and an american citizen.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
If you don't want this to pass then write your congressmen, write your senators.. and tell everyone else you know to do the same. You don't need to write a lengthy email, just tell them not to pass it and that you will donate money to and vote for their opponents if they do.

Easy for you to say. My senator IS Feinstein! And Boxer!

But you're right. At the very least you gotta make your protest known. One more time....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'll take "single military characteristic" for $500 Alex -
What is they all shoot bullets?
The Feinstein complete gun ban of 2013.
edit on 27-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I never hurt anyone with my personal weapons.

I will NOT comply.

BTW this is what counts as an assault weapon under this law:

There comes a time when you just have to say NO.

That time has come for me.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Come on Congress....have the gonads to stand up for the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

How many handguns on the market today actually meet this requirement? It will start with 10 rounds but they will find a way to lower it even more. To keep all the guns owners that were "grandfathered-in" in check they will find a way to go after the ammo.

What are the odds of this passing? Can the President push this through like everything else he wants passed?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Hey now!
You know damn well those thumb hole stocks cause countless thumb injuries every year.
They're just trying to stop the holocaust of missing thumbs.
The recoil of those .22 caliber bullets is enough to tear off an arm!
Start being realistic and do something for the children!
edit on 27-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned this says it all to Ms. Feinstein.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
ban assault chopsticks 2013!!!!!!

I wonder if these shootings are as a result of how completely nucking futs these people have made life.

The whole nothing left to lose feeling.
edit on 29-12-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman
What are the odds of this passing?

Almost zero. That her opening proposal includes any kind of grandfathering clause tells me that she knows that she is going to have a very hard time finding votes. Otherwise, she would have proposed banning possession entirely. In fact, last week, she was agreeing with Andrew Cuomo that confiscation through a mandatory national buyback should be an option.

This is an attempt to appear more 'reasonable'. The GOP will very likely insist on it being watered down a good deal more, if they don't block it entirely if/when it reaches the House (and I believe they will).

Factor in Obama handing this over to Biden's commission for a 'study' and I'm doubting that there will be any ban from this. That clearly blunted the Congressional momentum towards a ban, and I suspect the reason he did it is because some of the Dems, particularly in the House, are worried about their jobs. Granted, I think Obama very much wants a gun ban, but I also believe that was a very clear signal that he's not so interested in burning through his limited political capital to really push the issue right now and that he wants the anti-gun contingent in his party to slow down.

Don't get me wrong, they're going to pass something in the wake of this incident, but I believe it will be more along the lines of a focus on mental health issues and a tightening of the background check system. They might also try something on magazine limits, which has a better chance than an AWB ban, but I can't see them banning possession, only new manufacture. There's just far too many of them out there.

edit on 29-12-2012 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join