It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors call for a ban on kitchen knives.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Doctors call for a ban on kitchen knives.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

Man, you Brits cant be trusted with any freedom, you need to be protected from yourselves.

No guns, no knives, whats next? How about no boots? I personally know of a few occasions where one person's boot was used aggressively towards another person's arse.

Why stop there? Ban everything.

Exhaling adds to CO2 levels causing lethal "climate change", ban breathing. What about methane from farts? Farting has to be banned, thats a no brainer.

How about the UK government slice off your hands at birth so you maniacs cant punch someone in the kisser.

STAFF UPDATE

Thread closed.....article is years and years old.

Last Updated: Thursday, 26 May, 2005, 23:48 GMT 00:48 UK

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on Thu Dec 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I have been waiting for this thread for a long time.
Thank you OP you made my day and week this needs to be on the front page of ATS. I wish I had more then 1 flag to give. Thank you

Maybe you guys should wrap yourselves in bubble wrap and the let the government tell you how to live your life in every way possible.

And to all the anti-gun Americans take a good hard long look.
edit on 26-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow I do believe the planet has completely gone insane. Life is dangerous..... lets just ban life !

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yeah, no.

Also:

French laws in the 17th century decreed that the tips of table and street knives be ground smooth.

Finally:

Government response

Home Office spokesperson said there were already extensive restrictions in place to control the sale and possession of knives.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Let's just ban stupid people.
Of course the first to go will be politicians.... so it will be a hard sell.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I also wanted to add if they keep pushing like this eventually the Brits are going to grow a pair again.
You can only rub peoples faces in it so far and this is pretty bad. It is like you are all children and your Government is the needy parent.

Think back in time during ww2 and what your grandparents had to endure what do you think they would have said if they tried this crap 70 years ago.
What in the heck happened.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I think my grandparents would have said "I'm Irish, why am I being asked about this?"

To answer your question though, the overwhelming response of the era would have been "well, the government knows best, I guess we had better give up our kitchen knives and find a sharp rock to cut our potatoes with."

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

I think my grandparents would have said "I'm Irish, why am I being asked about this?"

To answer your question though, the overwhelming response of the era would have been "well, the government knows best, I guess we had better give up our kitchen knives and find a sharp rock to cut our potatoes with."

Really that's what they would have said.
edit on 27-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is obviously a response to the gun ban in America.
Good job docs looking out for us.

Showing us how absurd it is to ban something because it can be USED BY A PERSON to kill.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yeah, no.

Story from 2005 btw as mentioned above

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I usually assign numerical values out of ten to troll posts such as this, but in this case I feel that I cannot provide an estimate low enough to provide an accurate depiction of exactly how I feel about your post at this present moment in time.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is incredible...

Home Office spokesperson said there were already extensive restrictions in place to control the sale and possession of knives.

"The law already prohibits the possession of offensive weapons in a public place, and the possession of knives in public without good reason or lawful authority, with the exception of a folding pocket knife with a blade not exceeding three inches.

"Offensive weapons are defined as any weapon designed or adapted to cause injury, or intended by the person possessing them to do so.

"An individual has to demonstrate that he had good reason to possess a knife, for example for fishing, other sporting purposes or as part of his profession (e.g. a chef) in a public place.

Do our friends in the U.K. really have to justify things like this to their nanny state government? WTF.

Why don't you guys do something about this? For all of our friends in the U.K., do you really want to live like this? Having to justify to the government why you have a good reason to possess a knife?

How about this reason: Because I want to.

Isn't that enough in the U.K.?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I usually assign numerical values out of ten to troll posts such as this, but in this case I feel that I cannot provide an estimate low enough to provide an accurate depiction of exactly how I feel about your post at this present moment in time.

To be honest I have seen so many non Americans telling us what laws we should have I find this thread a tad bit GREAT.

I come from a British background as do many people I know so I guess it is a little alright. Sorry to offend.
edit on 26-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Kitchen knives are extremely dangerous!

Especially when they have conformed grips and multiple edges.

Ban kitchen assault weapons NOW! We must do it to save our children...and the baby seals
...and the kittens, and puppies, and......ummmm....zucchini !

edit on 26-12-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Are you deliberately trying to use centennial rivalries as a stirring mechanism? I don't understand. Why not the Germans? Or the Italians?

Oh that's right, you're trolling!

And yes, the mentality of our old people is "the government knows best" because at the time of their golden years, corruption was not rife. The fact that we had a morally honourable government in the inter-war and WWII years does not mean that we should be ruled by the French. You cretin.

link   
Pretty soon we'll all be wearing clothes made of marshmallows, living in rubber houses and driving inflatable cars.

And don't forget these!

link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

I also wanted to add if they keep pushing like this eventually the Brits are going to grow a pair again.
You can only rub peoples faces in it so far and this is pretty bad. It is like you are all children and your Government is the needy parent.

Think back in time during ww2 and what your grandparents had to endure what do you think they would have said if they tried this crap 70 years ago.

edit on 27-12-2012 by FocusedWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Short answer; Liberalisation of the academic, America your next!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So what you're saying is that:

- someone british disagreed with you in your thread
- you felt a great pain in your anal region
- you decided to strike back against those dastardly british by posting a news article from 2005, which never amounted to anything, and saying "lol guys look how stupid british people are"
- you did this at 6AM GMT expecting everyone from the UK to be asleep
- you are a terrible person

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join