It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do it again! Do it again!

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The past few months on ATS have been absolutely riveting to me. All the theories and predictions, UFO's and ancient civilizations. Volcano's, earthquakes, politics, comets and planets and a long list of other interesting reading/theories.

I see a lot of people complain about these threads,mostly because they did not come to pass and seemed paranoid. Be that as it may, i personally loved every minute of it. I really learned a lot about subjects i previously thought boring. I am much more aware of my surroundings and understand our planet much better. Sometimes i felt like a kid watching his first horror movie. Other times i was in awe of the universe and just how fragile Earth is.

I did a ton of research, i got a lot of different views and came away better for it. You might say enlightened. I learned something from every thread whether it was complete lunacy or not. I have always felt that there is at least a tiny bit of truth in every lie if you dig for it. The converse is also true. So while others say they are glad it is over i feel a certain amount of loss. So keep that crazy crap coming. It has a certain value if it provokes thought and makes people think and research for the right answer.

Mod Note: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/28/12 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Very nicely said. An old cliche came to mind: An intelligent person entertains all ideas and accepts none

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good out look on life. All ways see the positive especially when the world does not end.

I agree. These topics give people experience. I dont want to sound like a prick but from what I have experienced most of the people that buy into all these spur of the moment dooms day theory's are not educated. I know cause I was one of them. OH KNOW THE BP OIL SPILL IS GOING TO KILL US ALL!!! THE GULF JET STREAM IS GONE!!! ITS RAINING OIL!!!
Fearing death at the sight of hoar movie twisted facts and scary music on youtube.
Your fear drives you to look into it deeper. You end up learning more then just the topic but how a large aspect of this manipulative world works. Your whole perspective changes in every aspect of your life because you begin to question.

Its probably not the reason most fear mongers post but in the end it all works out when # does not go sour.
HA I guess the jokes on them.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Please share.

What are the top 3 things you learned?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

Og geez, I will have to ponder that question to give you an honest answer. Give me some time and i will give it a try.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
sorry, but i'm going to have to respectfully disagree. having viewed the "evolution" of this website, i must say, things have not changed much. it's still fear mongering, ignorance, and rampant paranoia. save for a few members who have thankfully taken upon themselves to educate, the majority have remained stagnant.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I am unable to point to one single most important THING that i learned. However i believe the most important thing i learned is " I have a lot to learn"

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tonybotzo

I agree in a way and disagree at the same time. The fear mongering exists beyond ATS. At least on ATS those fears can be met with reason and contradicted. That has value in and of itself.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by jimmiec

I am unable to point to one single most important THING that i learned. However i believe the most important thing i learned is " I have a lot to learn"

This is the start of wisdom.

2012 has not finished, it's just the bad guys DID NOT GET THEIR WAY. I know this to be true.

Keep looking (up) and learning.

It is not peace or safe.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Indeed, I especially love personal stories that seem to have no normal explanations. They tend to just give me goose bumps. Hell, even if they never lead to anything to solid or have evidence--they are certainly fun and great to read. Reminds me to keep my mind open to other possibilities, not matter how "strange". Keep'em comin' folks.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The top 3 things i have learned on ATS :

1 ) Be skeptical , be very skeptical . Do your own research and cross reference what ever it is your`e researching .

2 ) Appreciate the contribution and time , the real intelligent members take to make threads/posts , There is a wealth of experience and some really good writers on this site .

3 ) Watch what you speak about to people out with ATS (in the "real" world) , a lot of people just do not comprehend a lot of conspiracies and only get their news from MSM .

o and DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I did a ton of research, i got a lot of different views and came away better for it. You might say enlightened.
reply to post by jimmiec

Ya know, I have to give you a warning here. By no measure do I consider myself "intelligent'. And yet, I can't talk to 99% of the people in my life. It is either that I have been much too curios about things all through my life, or they haven't been curious at all.

Either way it can make you very lonely when you're thinking about things like abiogenesis, monotheism, and quantum weirdness while everyone around you is thinking no deeper than booze, football, and reality TV shows.

Maybe being enlightened should mean to be in synch with those around you. sigh - I dunno.

So, be careful. The more enlightened you become, the lonelier you can get.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have always been curious. I am a senior citizen now and lived a relatively full life. I have always wanted to know EVERYTHING. For the most part that has entailed mechanics/electronics/woodworking/history. I never hire others to fix anything, literally. I tried it a few times and they either screwed it up or overcharged me. So i fix everything myself. In my mind it is hard to feel loneliness when there are so many good books out there. A good book can take you anywhere. Of course now we have the internet. There is too much info out there to get bored,at least for me. I basically lived my life on theory that nobody knows everything. I even question my own theories and beliefs.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by jiggerj

In my mind it is hard to feel loneliness when there are so many good books out there. A good book can take you anywhere.

LOL Just yesterday I mentioned a movie to my boss. He said, "Wow, I didn't think you watched movies, seeing as you read so much."

I get to work an hour early to read in the quiet of the factory, and at lunchtime.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Reading is a very powerful tool. I can't imagine where i would be or what i would be doing had i not gotten hooked on books when i was young.

new topics

top topics

join