It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs in the Heavens: Ray of Light Across Skies of Brazil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by Sublimecraft

And I'm assuming these rays would just fade away as the sun went down. I wonder why the person filming it didn't just keep filming until it got dark. Maybe he wanted people to think it was something paranormal?

I have see it a few times during my career (seafarer) and yes, it dissipates in direct unison with the passage of the sun.

OT: Where is your other Avatar?, she makes me smile

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

OT: Where is your other Avatar?, she makes me smile

Just trying to switch things up a bit. It's the same person -- just chose a happier face this time.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Sublimecraft

And I'm assuming these rays would just fade away as the sun went down. I wonder why the person filming it didn't just keep filming until it got dark. Maybe he wanted people to think it was something paranormal?

Maybe he was on his way to work or something.

I have seen the almost mythical Green Flash so I know wonderful things happen with the light of the sun at times.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It could be the reflection of the sun, the moisture probably made a fog state in the atmosphere. Just like the ice crystals at night, but lol this reminds me of the energy flow seen from above different pyramids.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Dam i wanted to be the 1st to say it
. surprised it took till the 2nd page .

It`s a stunning sight , Mother nature never ceases to amaze us all .

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

hmm back in Nam there was that photon gate that looked pretty similar, scared the crap out of the nearby VC.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'll keep this one short. This has been explained as a natural phenomenon. Sun apsspegrgers?

The "signs in the heavens" title though is from some prophecy?

The signs in the heavens are accepted by us. But airliners, rocket launches and satellites were not familiar in the times they were written about. I think the people of old knew about most weather and celestial phenomenon.

But the sight of an airliner over head or a cape canaveral shuttle launch would have made them poop their shorts.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Y'see this is why I don't sleep nights anymore lol....these lights being seen all over the world which, if they were an everyday occurrence wouldn't raise an eyebrow, but as people are reporting them clearly they are not usual. Coupled with the scary skysounds all over the place which terrify me (the noises remind me of tripods!) I am seriously starting to nervously wonder if these sounds and light shows are literally "announcing" something.

Guess I'll be sleeping with the light on again

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I've never seen anything like that before. It really made me wonder when the guy with the camera panned around and showed the sun on the opposite side. The first thing that came to my mind is maybe this is a glimpse of our second sun. Thanks for sharing...good find.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Because it wouldn't get anywhere near the YouTube hit had it been immediately explicable from the footage.

Pareidolia only functions through the agency of ignorance.
edit on 27-12-2012 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Planet earth does some odd things. The sun looks as if it is shining light through a small hole in a really dark cloud.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yea its totally heavens doors opening. Please, people, don't compare this light to "Proof of Heaven". I am not saying you are, but don't start. Nobody has any idea what it is, it's just a light. Now if there's a guy in a white rope floating down on it, i'll be convinced. So far, though, it's just a light to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
They are Anticrepusular Rays - a very rare atmospheric phenomena.

Anticrepuscular rays are similar to crepuscular rays, but seen opposite the sun in the sky. Anticrepuscular rays are near-parallel, but appear to converge at the antisolar point because of linear perspective. Anticrepuscular rays are most frequently visible near sunrise or sunset. Crepuscular rays are usually much brighter than anticrepuscular rays. This is because for crepuscular rays, seen on the same side of the sky as the sun, the atmospheric light scattering and making them visible is taking place at small angles

They are the same as Crepuscular rays which:

are rays of sunlight that appear to radiate from a single point in the sky, specifically, where the sun is. These rays, which stream through gaps in clouds (particularly stratocumulus) or between other objects, are columns of sunlit air separated by darker cloud-shadowed regions. The name comes from their frequent occurrences during crepuscular hours (those around dawn and dusk), when the contrasts between light and dark are the most obvious. Crepuscular comes from the Latin word "crepusculum", meaning twilight.[1]

ETA: I see that others here have addressed this query

edit on 27-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

Just so people don't get sidetracked without reading the thread.

This has been identified: Anticrepusular Rays - a very rare atmospheric phenomena.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NahledgeEast

I've never seen anything like that before. It really made me wonder when the guy with the camera panned around and showed the sun on the opposite side. The first thing that came to my mind is maybe this is a glimpse of our second sun. Thanks for sharing...good find.

I agree i never seen anything like it. As for what it is it could be the second sun.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
This is a message one of the members of the starseeds received from their "contact", Antwort:

Message Sunday, November 11 2012 (waking state, sent by our star sisters and brothers)
Monika: „What is important to know for our group regarding the upcoming “event”"
Antwort: „Pay attention to the light. It will tell you that it is beginning..."

Source:www.the-starpeople.net...?lang=de
under heading "ET Contacts", then the link:"Message from Dec 12"

Could this be the "light" that is the beginning of something these ETs are talking about?

Starpeople huh?

This is news to me.... will have to check out the link.

Great find OP!!!

The rays are really cool.... glad our smart members were able to find an explanation for them.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ummm is it just me or does the OP photos not look like the explanation of Anticrepusular Rays photos? The OP photo is a pretty defined beam and the Anticrepusular Rays fan out for the entire horizon.

Let's try throwing some more absolute explanations into the thread - they're always fun…

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Does make you appreciate natures gifts.
youtu.be...
edit on 12/28/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Ummm is it just me or does the OP photos not look like the explanation of Anticrepusular Rays photos? The OP photo is a pretty defined beam and the Anticrepusular Rays fan out for the entire horizon.

Let's try throwing some more absolute explanations into the thread - they're always fun…

While I'm not an expert and can't be certain that's what they are, they do look like it to me.

And here's another video or two (the first person capturing the phenomenon also seems confused as to what they might be): www.youtube.com... and footage.shutterstock.com...

I mean, I am open to the possibility that this is something that can't be explained away. But it does match the appearance, timing (sunrise or sunset,) and nature of anticrepuscular rays. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, etc. But, as I said, I can't know for certain personally. We need a meteorologist to confirm this for us.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

it's not just you.. i also made this observation... although i'm not prepared to say it ISNT the same phenomena.. It just looks quite different.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join