It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

That was funny, see you can't be homophobic if you just admitted you love Tom Selleck and yet are straight as an arrow, I was just joking around but unwilling to admit to my mancrush on Selleck!

Ok enough with that! [redfaced emoticon here]. lol

Ha ha ha. I couldn't resist. You tossed me a softball.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by EvanB

your thread is sexist.

I know women that could take you out as quick as you blinked even if you were holding a sword.

Sexist nonsense... oh be a man!

reminds me of the BS training that goes with now girls play with dolls and boys play with guns...

Maybe with a gun... with sword I doubt it too especially if the person holding the sword has a clue. Unless you are talking about lara croft
oh hollywood.

Both the OP and this person I am quoting have no idea what their role as a sex is. both are twisted and warped.

I still do not understand why there is this "battle of the sexes" mentality put into people. it is used to divide women and men and they have done a bang up job of it.

If you watch the behavior of animals. you can always see distinct characteristics and inclinations between male and female animals.

why would you think it is any different in humans.

one thing that is certain is that both the OP and the poster above may physically be grown up but their mind is not .

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Dude, you definitely are in touch with your feminine side. Maybe it's time to go hunting or something, get in a fight at a bar, play some team contact sports.

At least reach down between your legs, grab your balls, and say out loud "I'm a #ing man!"

Try it. It will feel good.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My wife put it into terms that are simple.
Fix whatever is broken and love me.
The rest will take care of itself.

And for that,I get cookies.

My 11 year old son loves knives and guns,as I did when I was a kid.

I took apart unexploded firecrackers and used gasoline to create war zones with my matchbox cars and army men.
Boys are what they are.Some more in tune with feelings than others.
I am not in tune with my feelings.
Give me something that needs fixin',I will try my best.
Want me to talk about my feelings,I will break something that needs fixin'

It is in a man's nature to protect and provide.
Well,it use to be.
But I do my part of being a manly man ,stepping up to the job everyday.
And I love my wife.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Dude, you definitely are in touch with your feminine side. Maybe it's time to go hunting or something, get in a fight at a bar, play some team contact sports.

At least reach down between your legs, grab your balls, and say out loud "I'm a #ing man!"

Try it. It will feel good.

Yeah # I miss my hockey, first year I didn't play in the last four. I'm quite the force to be reckoned with out there on the ice let me tell ya, it's kind of absurd and at complete odds to my Jesus-persona here on ATS, then again, sometimes during the game, in the midst of the WAR, there were moments sublime when everything else fell away and I was absolutely in my element, and it was like a spiritual experience. Damn I gotta get back out on the ice and NAIL a few guys you're RIGHT!

edit on 27-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by Raelsatu

Men have honor, men don't rape men don't torture. scum do those things.

Those are not men,but cowards in my book.
There is such a disconnection in society because of our electronic surrogates and/or religious teachings that we have created to become disassociated with our normal societal callings.
The natural human village has disappeared .
We have facebook now.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

i actually want to get a pasafino horse. a black one to match my hair. i have always had this idea that being wild and unclaimed by the metropolis, being self reliant, inventive, physically strong, strategic, and adaptive with many modern and midieval weapons was a goal of mine. to challenge myself physically and mentally once per day was to ready myself for any oncoming hoarde, brave howling, icy winds, learning the ancient art of war and marrying a good woman as my valkyrie to bear the shield that is my crest and to ebmrace a lifetime of high adventure was worthy of kicking in the teeth of death. also this guitar that i have a goood version of

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

i actually want to get a pasafino horse. a black one to match my hair.

Dude,to match your hair,are you kidding me?

Reminder to self,include horses to match my graying fading hair,

Oh,and BTW, loved dimebag Darrell,he will be missed.
edit on 27-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by EvanB

i actually want to get a pasafino horse. a black one to match my hair. i have always had this idea that being wild and unclaimed by the metropolis, being self reliant, inventive, physically strong, strategic, and adaptive with many modern and midieval weapons was a goal of mine. to challenge myself physically and mentally once per day was to ready myself for any oncoming hoarde, brave howling, icy winds, learning the ancient art of war and marrying a good woman as my valkyrie to bear the shield that is my crest and to embrace a lifetime of high adventure was worthy of kicking in the teeth of death

Sounds like you were born in the wrong time or might have been a Viking in a past life.

My last name means "to charge in with valor" so I think my ancestor was a mezomorph-shaped knight with sword and shield who managed to sire at least one child before he was killed.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes scummy cowards indeed sir. I feel Myself to be a descent man I would never hurt anyone. Especially a woman or a child. I was brought up and taught by a great man. In my eyes he was a hero, he often got in trouble for treating wounded civies in Vietnam. I can only dream of being half the man he was.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

i was as i am now, a barbarian

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Technically, I would say all you need to be a "man" is (in Australia):
1) Be classified as biological male.
2) Be 18 years or older.

I understand the word "Man" conjours up images of a male paying their way through life, looking after the family, being physically strong, being able to make the final decision, bench pressing buses while eating a whole cooked chicken and throat punching bears all at the same time etc etc.
But I think the subject of "true" with what we're talking about here is pretty vague.

Different cultures have different interpretations on what makes you "a MAN/MANLY". And this sort of gender compartmentalization only really helps us to find an identity and a sense of self worth based on a set culteral standard.

I don't think there is a "true" essence of manhood, just interpretations.

That being said, I fall victim to many of my cultural standards on "manhood". The drive to be 'strong', or at least be seen as 'successful' is huge.
A personal example is a few years ago when I was happy living a quiet life, single, and not really socializing that much. Suddenly I had my 1st art exhibition. Women started paying me more attention, men started caring more about what I had to say etc. I was seen as this guy that could "provide". Be it for my own sustainability or interpreted as for a family/tribe/whatever. If I went over to a war-torn area of Afghanistan for example and tried that...

Local: "Are you a man?!"
Me: "Yes!"
Local: "Good! Take this gun! You must defend yourself!"
Me: "Gun? Nah, I drew this picture. It's worth money back home!"
Local: "FIRE, DAMMIT!!!"

It all depends where you're from, really.

Good ol culture.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

how about your inner swashbuckler? adventurer? nature hiker type fellow? that rough and tumble little guy version of your self lighting bags then ringing the doorbell then running, laughing your seabASS off when old man mckatie stomps on it? is he running around in your head ever?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

It's their religious belief, and as they are in power now, it will saturate your environment. Their religious ideal is adrogyny, humanity blended as male/female. Their shamans and preists are often feminized men. Watch as they strip the terms "mother/father/husband/wife" from every document and be replaced with "parent 1/parent 2/spouse 1/spouse 2". It has nothing to do with equality and diversity, and everything to do with their belief in "oneness". It's pantheism, the worship of the created instead of the Creator.

The secular and atheistic descendants of Christian forefathers are clueless that their leaders are not secular and atheists. As long as those leaders allow them to wallow in sin and wickedness and keep driving Christ Jesus out of all aspects of society, they don't care to understand that their leaders are just converting their subjects into children twice the children of hell in order to usher in what they fully believe in - their world utopia which will revert humanity to their occult belief in "their primordial sexless Adam".

Little do we fully understand that Jesus is bundling the tares for burning and having the occult do it. God created male and female. Rejecting that ideal and assigned roles is rejecting the Creator and what He established. Feminising men and masculinising women needs to be seen for what it is - the progress of occultism towards their goal of removing duality within gender. This is so easily proven in all of their writings, and the Bible. But today, so many have rejected the truth of God's word and therefore cannot understand how far along beliefs have been indoctrinated to align with occult writings instead. And because they see "no harm" in these movements in society, it just carries onward until the day that God descends to remove out all the ungodly.

Beautifully put!

Men are to be men and women are to be women. There is nothing sexist in that statement. Each has their God given qualities to be equal, not for one to be better than the other. It is the goals of the those who would fulfill prophecy by creating a utopian global society that doesn't have the courage or strength to stand up and fight the powers that would put them under their thumb.

www.youtube.com...

This is a link of video excerpt of an interview with Aaron Russo, who claimed to be a personal friend of Nicholas Rockefeller. He claims that Nicholas told him personally that the Rockefellers funded women's lib, so they could 1. tax the other half of the population and 2. indoctrinate children at an early age and essentially cause the breakdown of the American family unit.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kusinjo

muscle cars are important too

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

We all have masculine and feminine energy. Most men are naturally more aligned in their masculine energy. Some are naturally more feminine.

The fundamental characteristic of masculine energy is owning yourself. Not worrying about appeasing other people. Being confident In who you are. Men who are in their masculine energy have a power about them. A certainty.

It's like this in every country I've visited.

There is mature masculine and immatur masculine. Mature masculine is a protector. Immature masculine is like a self-centered rock star. Money and success can be a large part of it, but not required.

The secret is truly not giving a sh!t what people think of you, especially women. The minute you stop worrying about what women think about you is the minute women will become uncontrollably attracted to you.

But like the OP said, society totally discourages that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

i agree. i like using my immature side just to feed my ego to hone my skills plus make people laugh. and what's wrong with being a rockstar so long as you live to a ripe old age and entertain the world with something that people around you say "effin a" honestly i can't think of much other than playing guitar as one of my main skills.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Well yea, I thought that was a given!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Originally posted by EvanB
A stick in the hands of a little boy becomes a sword, a rock is a grenade, the games boys play always have a fierce nature.. Playing at killing the evil giant.. Getting into trouble, climbing trees and been drawn to danger like a moth to a flame..

This is of course natural.. Why?.. So when the boy becomes a man he has the tools to be a man and have what it takes..

The true heart of a man is one that yearns for the wild.. To have adventure.. To rescue his fair maiden.. To be her hero..

There are no "tools" to be a man, that would mean that a man is always in bondage to his circumstances. This bondage leads to dependency and attachment which is suffering.

A man is just an adult male human, anything other than that is artificially created - a social construct in order to control through "gender roles" (which differs in many different countries by the way!)

But these days, mans wild and free nature has been nutured by modern life, killing his masculine soul..

Being wild and free is animal instinct - HUMAN nature - not specific to men.

He has become fettered by a world that wants him to be a predictable "nice guy"..

But what boy or man EVER wanted to be known as a "nice guy"?

It depends on how you define a "nice guy". What guy would want to be one? One who believes that he can get sex by being so. Are you saying you don't think any guy would want to be a "nice guy" in order to get laid?
Women are taught to like guys that treat her nicely like a queen with much respect and will take care of her.

Most would rather be known as "dangerous"...

I don't think "dangerous" is the right word. Most guys do not want to be "dangerous" - they just want to be free to do what they want just like every other animal/human. Seeking out to be "dangerous" is a motivation, but what could be the motivator besides something artificial? Males in the wild are not seeking danger, they live, sleep, eat, have sex, and fight or run "IF" there is danger. If anything, I would say the motivator would be "to have sex" not "to be dangerous" and I can't even say I am 100% sure about even that...

He is made weak by a society that wants to feminize him and castrate his soul..

What does it mean to be "femininized" ? Because if not seeking to cause trouble (danger/conflict) is being "feminine" then natural human/animal instinct is "feminine".

Natural animal (or human) instinct is not "to cause trouble" but "to survive".

But this society stops that by killing mens souls... Their fair maiden deserting them.. Because manhood is dead..

Again you are talking about "manhood" as if it is a "behavior" or something that a man is supposed to have - which is just a social construct which differs depending on where you go.

Suffering is trying to live in a label and Aggression comes from people trying to force others to live in the labels that they want them to live in.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kusinjo

like a nice gto

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join