It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

EDIT: Besides, you totally missed the point I made to him. Making the comment in the first place is the arrogance of feeling that you know that no truly good people can possibly exist.
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Its only arrogance if it is a blind assumption without no basis in fact..

I am BEGGING you to show me some facts. Anything. I came at you with scientific formula for figuring it out, proved with that science that you are wrong, and you come at me with assumption and conjecture.

You are making a blind assumption about ALL humans without any evidence to your claim.

By your own definition that is arrogant.

Interesting that you chose Jesus.. The bible says that "we have all fallen short of the glory of God".. And Jesus said to the crowd "let he without sin cast the first stone".. If we were good.. There would have been no need for Jesus..

Fact is no-one is truly good.. Even Jesus said He was not good either!

Not arrogance.. Just the truth

It wasn't an interesting choice. I chose your God-Man, Jesus. I was messing with you. You can't prove Jesus existed any more than I can point you to your mythical "Truly Good Man" ideal.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And all you have provided is a bell curve diagram which is built on assumptions.. Why?.. Because no statistical analysis on earth can judge the intent of the heart and mind every second of every single day... Ever..

Then there is also the potential for harm.. Not just physical.. But words have power too.. And as long as that potential exists then goodness cant.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Lift what needs lifting.., move what needs moving, fix what needs fixing, protect what needs protecting, and defending what needs to be defended, including manhood, if need be.

I must say it's unbecoming of a woman to be seen dancing on the grave of that which differentiates men and women, as if celebrating the end of manhood. There's more going on there it would seem.

Just curious, but what was your relationship like with your father, if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And all you have provided is a bell curve diagram which is built on assumptions.. Why?.. Because no statistical analysis on earth can judge the intent of the heart and mind every second of every single day... Ever..

Then there is also the potential for harm.. Not just physical.. But words have power too.. And as long as that potential exists then goodness cant.

You have still not backed anything up with facts. Do you have any? Any at all?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I will provide facts when you can show me a truly good person in thought, word and deed.. Until then.. I will confine my responses to the actual topic of the thread..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Lift what needs lifting.., move what needs moving, fix what needs fixing, protect what needs protecting, and defending what needs to be defended, including manhood, if need be.

I must say it's unbecoming of a woman to be seen dancing on the grave of that which differentiates men and women, as if celebrating the end of manhood. There's more going on there it would seem.

Just curious, but what was your relationship like with your father, if you don't mind me asking?

Just going to deflect my actual questions and spout more esoteric nonsense?

OH!! So now not only are you going to tell me how MEN should act, you are also going to tell me how WOMEN should act?

Ha ha! You really are a vision of chauvinism. Quite expected.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I will provide facts when you can show me a truly good person in thought, word and deed.. Until then.. I will confine my responses to the actual topic of the thread..

Yes, your topic. Something I have also asked about.

Since The Essense of Manhood is vital to our survival as a species, perhaps you could give us a small list of things associated with Manhood that are not shared by women.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

For the sake of Civility, a true man is also willing to give up the need to be right at all cost, and to seek to understand first before being understood, which is why I was asking about your relationship with your father.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

A penis.. For a start.. Sperm.. Higher muscle mass.. XY chromosones.. The antipathy for shopping.. The complete lack of a wardrobe of shoes.. The fact we cant give birth.. Have no vagina.. Differences in hormone levels.. Differences in brain function.. And so on

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

For the sake of Civility, a true man is also willing to give up the need to be right at all cost, and to seek to understand first before being understood, which is why I was asking about your relationship with your father.

The man that raised me beat the hell out of me, my mother, and my younger brother until I was the age of 12 when I literally beat him to within minutes of death. He never so much as yelled at any of us again and committed suicide a few years ago.

What I wasn't aware of at the time was that this man had bi-polar disorder. He was self medicated with drugs because the healthcare in my country is so bad that it was all he could do to keep from killing us all. He was a monster and what is worse. He knew it. He knew that he had a mental disorder and that he would hate all that he loved.

So you want to know about my relationship with my father. Well, basically everything I have become as a person and father myself is just doing the exact opposite of what the man that raised me did.

How was it with you and your dad? I would love to get a little understanding as well, friend.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This thread is not about the differences between men and women but soley about manhood.. What it means.. What is its definition.. Why is manhood failing.. et al

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

A penis.. For a start.. Sperm.. Higher muscle mass.. XY chromosones.. The antipathy for shopping.. The complete lack of a wardrobe of shoes.. The fact we cant give birth.. Have no vagina.. Differences in hormone levels.. Differences in brain function.. And so on

And of these things.. which are the ones that are of vital importance?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Are saying, truthfully, that you are a man, and not a woman?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This thread is not about the differences between men and women but soley about manhood.. What it means.. What is its definition.. Why is manhood failing.. et al

You haven't defined what manhood is.. how can you possibly claim it is failing?

What does this post even mean???

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Wow..

Im sorry.. Manhood did a number on you hey?.. But you appear to be very strong and eloquent and have come through..

This may sound disingenuous.. But its not.. I mean it.. And for what its worth.. Im sending some hugs your way...

Very sorry and ashamed that manhood let you down.. And this thread is about what is going wrong with us??

Why are we as a sex failing the very people we supposed to live and protect?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a woman. I have even sworn a legal oath to that effect before I was able to be married in the state of Minnesota.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow... This thread certainly deteriorated into a bunch of blah blah blah feminine bickering back and forth since the last time I looked at it.

I will say I love the line, "I'm a man. Deal with it or deal with my fist!"

Now that's what I'm talking about! Hahaha of course I'm going to get flamed to hell and back for liking that line. Who gives a rat's ass. I like the intent behind it.

I'm sure if a women was out at a bar and some dude was harassing her and her boyfriend said that to the dude she'd be his forever.

I had a situation dealing with somebody who was harassing my daughter once, and that's basically how I handled it after the douche bag wouldn't leave her alone. It's not the actual physical force that matters. It's about being 100% not conflicted about being willing to use force to protect your tribe if needed. I mean I never hit the guy but he knew I would have hurt him if he didn't back off.

That's exactly what society discourages in boys now compared to days when your dad would teach you to stand up for yourself if you were bullied. Now boys are taught to run and tell their teacher.

Awesome dude... You're on the right track!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Originally posted by NorEaster
reply to post by sconner755

You contradicted your own assertions within your own post here by launching in on me within it because I disagreed with you. You totally see this thread as your territory, and I'm absolutely challenging you within the theater of combat that this thread has created. And I'll obliterate you within this theater of combat. I'll have you running off with your little mouse between your legs, but not until you've completely come unhinged at the prospect of being bested in front of however many people actually bothering to read this thread.

And I'll never break a sweat or stop laughing over all of this. And that's the way it is for men in this century. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

edit on 12/28/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by NorEaster
reply to post by sconner755

You contradicted your own assertions within your own post here by launching in on me within it because I disagreed with you. You totally see this thread as your territory, and I'm absolutely challenging you within the theater of combat that this thread has created. And I'll obliterate you within this theater of combat. I'll have you running off with your little mouse between your legs, but not until you've completely come unhinged at the prospect of being bested in front of however many people actually bothering to read this thread.

And I'll never break a sweat or stop laughing over all of this. And that's the way it is for men in this century. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

edit on 12/28/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Dude, chill. This isn't a theater of battle. It's an online conspiracy forum.

And yes, sadly you exemplified the OP's point again. This IS the way many guys think they are being manly nowadays. Anonymously doing "battle" in a game where winning and losing is measured only in your own mind.

One question: Why is it important for you to declare you're going to best anybody in front of an audience of online strangers?

A little rattled? Is that why you quoted my post twice here?

Masculine behavior isn't punching some guy out. It's exactly what I just did to you. I challenged you and rattled you. You lost. Hell, I was off watching a movie when you double quoted my post here and told me to "chill". That's anything but a masculine response to the insult that I tossed at you. I challenged your masculinity, and didn't even have any way of actually threatening you, but you backed right down and even got rattled.

I just wanted to show you that masculine aggression isn't all that simple to describe, and your caveboy definition of manliness is pretty restrictive. Go on and have your John Wayne fantasy if it makes you feel good, but don't demand that dumb sh*t from the rest of us. We all compete and win within the theater of combat that's available to us. We're men, and just because we find more comprehensive means of taking our enemies apart, doesn't mean that we're any less manly than you and all the bar fighters you want to line up in front of us.

Christ, this discussion is stupid.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a woman. I have even sworn a legal oath to that effect before I was able to be married in the state of Minnesota.

What, that doesn't make any sense, was it being contested? What is a gay marriage (which I support)?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah but Nor, just because you like waging battles in other domains for better reasons, doesn't mean you should belittle the John Wayne wannabies who don't happen to share your intellectual capacity. You don't want to start bullying the smaller man do you?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join