It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

No

What IS disingenuous is saying that a truly good person exists.. Even the best of us fail.. If you have lied once in your life that makes you a liar.. If you have stolen once that makes you a theif.. And besides that.. What about thoughts? Someone can hug you but in their mind are slagging you off.. Goodness comes from within.. And being truthful.. Sometimes being good is not the same as being right..

Think about it... And if you can find someone who is good in thought, words and deeds ALL the time.. I will give you a million bucks..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

I am reminded of the image in the book of Revelation, with the man on the white horse (representing power and purity) who comes "conquering and to conquer" and who's every arrow flies straight to its mark.

This sums it up for me also. Again my last name once Rys is Welch in origin and it means "to charge in with valor", so this below sums it up for me as well.

Oh, that sums you up also? You are a prophesied conquering horseman of the Apocalypse??

I think we're done here.

It was an allegory intended for anyone with the courage to make the charge in the name of the Lord (goodness, righteousness). That said it has a warrior type nature which is very manly ie: in the role of conquering protector.

Apocalypse btw doesn't mean destruction, but revelation or unveiling.

Thus the man on the white horse with the name of the Lord on him, is the truth of God's righteousness and grace come of age where the word or logos (who's root is logic) find's it's mark in the minds and the hearts of the people.

And after all is said and done, SOMEone needs to do it, to step up to the plate and hit a homerun, no?

edit on 28-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

No

What IS disingenuous is saying that a truly good person exists.. Even the best of us fail.. If you have lied once in your life that makes you a liar.. If you have stolen once that makes you a theif.. And besides that.. What about thoughts? Someone can hug you but in their mind are slagging you off.. Goodness comes from within.. And being truthful.. Sometimes being good is not the same as being right..

Think about it... And if you can find someone who is good in thought, words and deeds ALL the time.. I will give you a million bucks..

Do you know what a bell curve is? I am going to explain it anyway, because I think that there might be some reading that don't know.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lot's of technical stuff in there. We don't need it. All you need to know is that when dealing with lots of people, most of them are pretty decent, right? We do not expect them to go out of their way to help or hurt us. They just exist in our world. Some of us are more apt to help then hurt a person. These would be good people. There are some of us that are more apt to hurt than help. These would not be good people.

Now, if the majority of people fall somewhere in this middle ground of choices, either perfectly even with the good and bad they do, a little more good or a little more bad, then we get a good look at what a society wants and needs out of it's members.

But what about the people that are doing a LOT of bad. Like everything they do is based on the ideology of harm. Well, their just doesn't seem to be relatively all that man, because such a huge portion of us are just kind of in the middle 3 areas. However, Normal distribution states that when tiny figures of very bad people exist on one side of the bell curve in low numbers.. tiny figures of very good people exist on the other side of the bell curve. Normal distribution dictates that we should see very close to the same amount of Good People as we do Evil People.

This is science and math, my friend. Logical induction and critical thinking.

Good people exist in this world. It is a mathematical certainty.

The only thing you have truly proven is your character. You have lied in this thread. You do not have the means to give me 1 million dollars, and making a bet you cannot pay isn't very strong moral character.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I am reminded of the image in the book of Revelation, with the man on the white horse (representing power and purity) who comes "conquering and to conquer" and who's every arrow flies straight to its mark.

This sums it up for me also. Again my last name once Rys is Welch in origin and it means "to charge in with valor", so this below sums it up for me as well.

Oh, that sums you up also? You are a prophesied conquering horseman of the Apocalypse??

I think we're done here.

It was an allegory intended to anyone with the courage to make the charge in the name of the Lord (goodness, righteousness). That said it has a warrior type nature which is very manly ie: in the role of conquering protector.

It was a very telling choice of allegory, mate.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Normal distribution dictates that we should see very close to the same amount of Good People as we do Evil People.

Unless people are by their very nature fundamentally and intrinsically good and wanting to do and be good, then it's not reasonable to presume that there are equal numbers of good and bad people in the world. Maybe our understanding of human nature is flawed, and maybe there is something to the idea of an inherited evil via the "sins of the father".

It's best not to ASSUME.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

I find it very tedious to walk around trying to be "feminine" or "masculine" instead of just relaxing and being yourself.

There are women that are aggressive and would not like this so-called "alpha male". There are men that are feminine and like the more aggressive women, it all works itself out.

What IS disingenuous is saying that a truly good person exists.. Even the best of us fail.. If you have lied once in your life that makes you a liar.. If you have stolen once that makes you a theif.. And besides that..

So if a person pissed in the bed when they were younger, they are a bed wetter for their entire life?

I don't think so.

Sometimes being good is not the same as being right..

Well depending on your definition of "good" - it could be that you owe EVERYONE a million bucks.
edit on 28-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I did not lie.. I am making a point.. You can shoot all of the statical data you want but I know for certain that you could not find one truly good person in this world.. In thoughts, words and deeds because everyone of us fails at some point.. Driving your car, pamping your horn and calling someone an idiot is not good even though there may not be someone to see it... Looking at other women or men and saying in your mind "hell yeah" is is if you are with someone a form of unfathfullness of the heart.. Is that good too??.. Everyone does it though.. There are way too many examples to list... But I state with all certainty that it is impossible to be completely good all the time..

Also there is the matter of being good or being right.. As a soldier for instance.. I have an enemy commander in my sites who is ordering civillians to be killed.. Is it good that I kill him and his radio operator or is it right?

True goodness does not exist.. There are many who would not harm you but have the potential too.. As long as the potential for harm still exists.. Then true goodness can never be..

That is not a scientific theory.. It is fact.. I could go on but im derailing my own thread..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And sorry for the typos.. Im doing this off my phone

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Normal distribution dictates that we should see very close to the same amount of Good People as we do Evil People.

Unless people are by their very nature fundamentally and intrinsically good and wanting to do and be good, then it's not reasonable to presume that there are equal numbers of good and bad people in the world. Maybe our understanding of human nature is flawed, and maybe there is something to the idea of an inherited evil via the "sins of the father".

It's best not to ASSUME.

You say its best not to assume, but when shown the actual science of the matter you scoff at it and then ASSUME that "maybe there is something to the idea of an inherited evil via the "sins of the father".

You scoff at scientific inquiry and decide..

You know what? Math and Science have only been around for a few thousand years. More people have learned and forgotten more about math than I will ever be able to understand in multiple lifetimes.. but you know what, it's probably just "inherited evil".

Yeah, you're probably right.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I did not lie..

Do you have a million dollars? How could you possibly not be lying right now?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I said I was making a point.. You obviously cant win that bet so are using the only tactic you have left: literal adhominum points of bullcrap that only make you save face..

Fine.. I dont have a million bucks.. But you cant find a truly good person either so you are being disengenuous yourself hey?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Ok, and you can put it on a graduated bell curve of equal and opposing forces of human evil, but it would take a real man to try to tackle it, as a complex socio-psychological phenomenon in relation largely to the family of origin, whereby as one giant human family, we are each at cause both individually and collectively and are therefore part of the solution or part of the problem, and maybe every once in a while it get's so bad that some madman IS needed to come charging in on a white horse, with eyes ablaze, firing deadly accurate arrows of Civilized progress while riding fast, conquering and to conquer.

So I'll take your bell curve math, up it a notch in terms of an actual historical, formative causation and, then

"I'll meet you in the middle."
~ Braveheart.

And as a boy, if there was an action hero figure for a warrior-conqueror on a powerful white horse, with a quiver of arrows on his back that never miss their mark - that's definitely the one that I would have wanted, yes.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I said I was making a point.. You obviously cant win that bet so are using the only tactic you have left: literal adhominum points of bullcrap that only make you save face..

Fine.. I dont have a million bucks.. But you cant find a truly good person either so you are being disengenuous yourself hey?

I am not the one setting out what truth, honor, and manhood are, claiming to be a "real man", and then lying.

There is nothing for me to save face about. I have not lied, went back on it, and then returned to the truth of the matter that you made a wager that you could not pay.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you your "real man".

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ok, and you can put it on a graduated bell curve of equal and opposing forces of human evil, but it would take a real man to try to tackle it, as a complex socio-psychological phenomenon in relation largely to the family of origin, whereby as one giant human family, we are each at cause both individually and collectively and are therefore part of the solution or part of the problem, and maybe every once in a while it get's so bad that some madman IS needed to come charging in on a white horse, with eyes ablaze, firing deadly accurate arrows of Civilized progress while riding fast, conquering and to conquer.

So I'll take your bell curve math, up it a notch in terms of an actual historical, formative causation and, then

"I'll meet you in the middle."
~ Braveheart.

And as a boy, if there was an action hero figure for a warrior-conqueror on a powerful white horse, with a quiver of arrows on his back that never miss their mark - that's definitely the one that I would have wanted, yes.

Again, this doesn't actually mean anything.

If you are going to accept the Bell Curve, accept it for what it is. Normal Distribution means that for as many people as you are going to claim are "bad" there will be as many people that can be claimed to be "good".

That's just how Normal Distribution works. The end.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Jojo... Is that you? lol

A real man makes mistakes.. A real man admits when he is wrong.. And a real man says sorry..

I never said I was good... But in your literal sense.. I lied.. Even though it was making a point and was meant as an alagory.. If it makes you feel better.. You win..

I am only a man after all..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Jojo... Is that you? lol

A real man makes mistakes.. A real man admits when he is wrong.. And a real man says sorry..

I never said I was good... But in your literal sense.. I lied.. Even though it was making a point and was meant as an alagory.. If it makes you feel better.. You win..

I am only a man after all..

Actually, once you have lied, you are always a liar, right? Isn't that what you said? So, now, by your own admission, nothing you say can be believed.. because you are a liar.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yes, but I was talking about the heavy lifting.

Do you even lift?

You call it meaningless, and it was meaningless to you, that's fine, but it might have inspired a fellow warrior man, once he made the inquiry and grasped the significance of it's own reason and logic and who then without hesitation charged into the breach in the name of goodness and righteousness and for the sake of love, no holds barred, all or nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You still have not found me a truly good person either so you are a liar by inaction.. A polictician by deflection of my allogorical statement.. And someone who only concentrates on one point to deflect the issue because the force of my arguement was true...

Nit pick away.. You seem very good at it...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I wouldn't bother arguing with her.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes, but I was talking about the heavy lifting.

Do you even lift?

You call it meaningless, and it was meaningless to you, that's fine, but it might have inspired a fellow warrior man, once he made the inquiry and grasped the significance of it's own reason and logic and who then without hesitation charged into the breach in the name of goodness and righteousness and for the sake of love, no holds barred, all or nothing.

Not meaningless to me. It doesn't have meaning. Your post was a bunch of disjointed thoughts put together without narrative. It was literally like the punchlines of a bunch of jokes merely typed out in your response. They have no meaning in context with each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join