It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Essence Of Manhood..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A stick in the hands of a little boy becomes a sword, a rock is a grenade, the games boys play always have a fierce nature.. Playing at killing the evil giant.. Getting into trouble, climbing trees and been drawn to danger like a moth to a flame..

This is of course natural.. Why?.. So when the boy becomes a man he has the tools to be a man and have what it takes..

The true heart of a man is one that yearns for the wild.. To have adventure.. To rescue his fair maiden.. To be her hero..

But these days, mans wild and free nature has been nutured by modern life, killing his masculine soul.. He has become fettered by a world that wants him to be a predictable "nice guy"..

But what boy or man EVER wanted to be known as a "nice guy"?

Most would rather be known as "dangerous"... I have never met a boy who wanted to be a priestly saint.. Most want to be fire fighters, soldiers, fighter pilots, astronaughts... They would never choose to be hamstrung in an office behind a computer... This cages the lion inside.. And like any lion in a zoo.. They die daily... When they should be out in the wild testing his strength.. He is made weak by a society that wants to feminize him and castrate his soul..

This society is full of caged lions, pacing the cage.. And why many turn to drink to releave the boredom, or have affairs merely for the adventure.. We want to be rescuing our fair maiden and fight for her.. Share the adventure.. But this society stops that by killing mens souls... Their fair maiden deserting them.. Because manhood is dead..

Society now puts limits on that boys play.. Tames him.. But in the end it just ruins soicety because you may need that boy to defend you one day and he wont have the tools..

Let boys be boys... The women wont be sorry you did..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well that's only one avenue of thought. Answer me this: would you rather all men be dangerous, utterly masculine --- but all ruthless war-mongers that revel in rape, murder, and torture.

Or, that all men were no so masculine or dangerous --- but leaned towards being empathetic, optimistic, caring and loving.

The truth is that balance exist for a reason. Not all men are, nor should they be necessitated to fit to the masculine type. That's a rather myopic view on life, one that entails your biology dictates who you are as a sentient being. There's a lot more to it than just that.

I see your point though.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Let me elaberate on the "dangerous" comment..

I have never met a young man who wanted to be Mother Theresa.. But wants to be Wyatt Earp, or SpiderMan.. Not Vlad the Impailer but the guy who takes him out..

I understand what you say about balance.. But courage is the best tool any man has.. And to take that away, make him meek and mild.. Keeps us in slavery..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I see what you mean. That's the thing though; the spectrum of psychology and genetics is so broad. There might be a man who's feminine, but doesn't live his life harming others. Then there might be a very masculine guy who loves torturing people. Then there's the masculine hero. The not-so-masculine genius. And so on... every possibility exist there in between.

Courage is a good attribute for anyone, whether male or female. Masculine or feminine. Some have the courage to fight for those they love, and to venture into the unknown --- but cannot muster the courage to get past their social anxiety, or addictions.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
An overly simplistic way of explaining what you highlight would be that a feminized male is much easier to control, and therefore much less of a threat to those in power. So to truly understand why that would be what has to asked is what is it about a masculine male that so terrorfies the establishment.

We could start by establishishing when this process of sofenting began, who began it, and why. Once you have answered these questions that explain the shaming of the strong male in the political/media complex the answer becomes glaringly obvious in that as originally stated a feminized (emasculated) male is much easier to control.

This negative feedback loop is so ingrained in liberal thought that you are likely to be flamed, and shamed for even pointing this obvious truth out, and is a large part of the reason why there seems to be so much more wrong with society than there was before this process of turning nature on its head began.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Men have honor, men don't rape men don't torture. scum do those things.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

True... I read an article here a while back about how modern shrinks have now deamed all natural emotions as mental conditions...

Anger is not always a mental condition or even a negative but can also be a tool if used correctly.. Also how can a a boy ever realise his potential unless his strength has been tested? Society wont let him do that lest he gets stronger or has been taught courage by the test..

edit on 26-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
To add.. Because manhood has been weakened.. We now have geneeation of fatherless kids who have been denied the recognition of "having what it takes".. The boys mom can say hes a good boy.. But the true recocnition comes from fellow men.. To be told by your peers that you have what it takes sets that kid up for life..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Me....and I am nice guy. Though still fully feral if need be...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yes, agreed.

And to add, society has been obsessed with turning women into men.

The problem is in that moment when a man is faced with a masculine energy of a women, and he backs down, thinking that appeasing the women is what she wants.

That's the last thing a woman wants. When a women kicks you in the balls, you need to stand there and ask her if that's all she's got.

The masculine energy that the OP refers to isn't attacking, it's protecting, at all costs, himself, his family, and his community. The opposite would be turning in a gun for $200. That's what a pussy boy, metrosexual, man would do.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Me....and I am nice guy. Though still fully feral if need be...

That is kind of my point.. But seriously.. Who would you rather be?.. Chuck Norris, The Dark Knight or The Pope?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755
reply to post by EvanB

Yes, agreed.

And to add, society has been obsessed with turning women into men.

The problem is in that moment when a man is faced with a masculine energy of a women, and he backs down, thinking that appeasing the women is what she wants.

That's the last thing a woman wants. When a women kicks you in the balls, you need to stand there and ask her if that's all she's got.

The masculine energy that the OP refers to isn't attacking, it's protecting, at all costs, himself, his family, and his community. The opposite would be turning in a gun for $200. That's what a pussy boy, metrosexual, man would do.

Women into men, men into women, when did this begin, and who began it. It was actually the USSR and then feminist movement picked it up and ran with it, thats right feminism is just communism in drag.

edit on 27-12-2012 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

your thread is sexist.

I know women that could take you out as quick as you blinked even if you were holding a sword.

Sexist nonsense... oh be a man!

reminds me of the BS training that goes with now girls play with dolls and boys play with guns...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by EvanB

your thread is sexist.

I know women that could take you out as quick as you blinked even if you were holding a sword.

reminds me of the BS training that goes with now girls play with dolls and boys play with guns...

Sorry... But you are not going to cut my balls off by calling me an "ist" of any kind..

This thread is about MEN.. Not women..

I WANT my woman to havw the means to be my partner and have my back.. But if manhood has been weakened then the woman loses respect for that manhood so compensates to get what she needs.. Has that done society any good?? We are both one side of the same coin that supposed to compliment each other.. Not usurp..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This brings out all the idealists. Its trendy now to be a metro sexual and the energy and creative force of the male is being dummed down. just look at all the tv shows with their simping men like everybody loves raymond. We emulate what we are exposed to and we are exposed to garbage programming. Garbage in garbage out. Movies have a big impact on us and for the life of me I can't work out why some of us believe that junk. i hear people talk about movies as if they are quoting actual historical events as if their boundary between fantasy and reality is toast. I agree completely with op in that men are being forced to become feminine and I've known this for a long time. Ancient cultures and some today have initiation rights for young men to bridge the understanding that they are now men, but western society has very little of this because boys just never seem to grow up these days its like a perpetual adolescence.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by EvanB

your thread is sexist.

Yes, the thread is sexist. Men and women are different. That's sexist. Of course women can access their masculine energy and take somebody out.

But have you noticed the divorce rate is something like 60% now? It's because the women have become men and men have become women. There's no polarity.

Women have babies. Men don't. When a woman is 8 months pregnant she's probably not going to be taking anybody out.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
To add.. Because manhood has been weakened.. We now have geneeation of fatherless kids who have been denied the recognition of "having what it takes".. The boys mom can say hes a good boy.. But the true recocnition comes from fellow men.. To be told by your peers that you have what it takes sets that kid up for life..

We have had several generations now where to many women are jealous of the mans relationship to the son. Much evil has come out of this.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A psychologist might say this with today's generation...

DO YOU WANT TO BE A MAN?

If so, remember these things; Life is not a party into the middle age … stop spending countless hours on video games, internet, movies, drugs, alcohol and other forms of stuff that you think is entertainment, don’t burden society, take on responsibility for your actions, plan for a career, stop living with you parents, and don’t be reckless, irresponsible and immature… you can’t just live life, you have to make yourself a life… TO BE A MAN!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I do find this painting or whatever very intriguing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join